Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Bus transportation pitfalls.

So here's the plan... I travel to Tampa for business several times per year (Fly from PHX to TPA typically on a Sunday night or Monday morn). Spend all week in Tampa earing $. After I conclude my work-week in Tampa, the plan is to drive to Orlando AP on Friday evening, drop off my work rental car, grab Disney's Magical Express to my hotel (All-star Sports Resort), get dinner and sleep. Up early the next morning, catch first resort bus headed to Magic Kingdom. Rock the Magic Kingdom all day, catch bus back to hotel, and then Magical Express back to Orlando AP and Fly back to Phoenix on the latest flight possible.

Do I have any gaps in this plan? I haven't been to WDW since I was roughly 12 (about 2.5 decades ago), so no clue of whether this is feasible. I'm a DLR veteran, and have that down to a science, but WDW is a largely unknown to me not having been in such a long time.
    Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
    World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
    My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
    My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
    My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
    My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
    My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
    My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
    My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
    My October, 2011 Trip Report
    My October, 2010 Trip Report

Re: Bus transportation pitfalls.

IF I remeber correctly the Magic Express requires 2 hours to get you to airport BEFORE your flight...double check that otherwise your plan sounds solid to me
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Comment

Any chance you would be using National or Alamo for your rental car? Then, instead of driving past Walt Disney World out to the airport, you could return your car at the AAA Auto Care Center outside the Magic Kingdom parking lot or at the Swan and Dolphin and take a short taxi ride over to your hotel.

Also make sure that Magical Express will let you ride from the airport to Walt Disney World without being on a flight.

Personally, I really like entering the Magic Kingdom by crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon on a ferry or encircling it on a monorail. I would just keep the rental car the extra day and not deal with being on Disney's time or crowded buses at the beginning and end of the day. There is no charge for parking at the park if you are staying at a Disney hotel and you might even gain enough time to go stroll Downtown Disney the night of your arrival.
      Last edited by lazyboy97O; 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
        Any chance you would be using National or Alamo for your rental car? Then, instead of driving past Walt Disney World out to the airport, you could return your car at the AAA Auto Care Center outside the Magic Kingdom parking lot or at the Swan and Dolphin and take a short taxi ride over to your hotel.

Also make sure that Magical Express will let you ride from the airport to Walt Disney World without being on a flight.
        They will I've done that before, I believe that I told them I was flying standby and that I believe I'd be arriving at such and such time, and they said just get into the qeue and take your free ride...

that's what they told me last time, if they make you give them a flight number just pick one arriving around the time your planning, it's not hard to do with websites like Kayak

edit:I always fly standby so I pretty much always end up giving them the earliest time just in case
        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
        -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post

Personally, I really like entering the Magic Kingdom by crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon on a ferry or encircling it on a monorail. I would just keep the rental car the extra day and not deal with being on Disney's time or crowded buses at the beginning and end of the day. There is no charge for parking at the park if you are staying at a Disney hotel and you might even gain enough time to go stroll Downtown Disney the night of your arrival.
          I prefer National for emerald isle. Pick a V8-leather full-size luxury for the price of a corolla.
          Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
          World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
          My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
          My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
          My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
          My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
          My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
          My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
          My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
          My October, 2011 Trip Report
          My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
            I prefer National for emerald isle. Pick a V8-leather full-size luxury for the price of a corolla.
            Then I would seriously consider returning the car at Walt Disney World. Yes you'll likely need to take a taxi to your room, but you won't have to spend all that extra time going out to the airport and turning around.

I can easily see Magical Express adding an extra hour and a half to two hours to your plans. It's about 30 minutes from Walt Disney World to the airport, then you have to return your car, wait for the Magical Express bus, ride another 30 minutes back to Walt Disney World and then, depending on who is on your bus, waiting for them to be dropped off at their hotels.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X