Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Theme Violations at WDW

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theme Violations at WDW

Pixar Studios, then is a creative dumping ground.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
      I find the praise for keeping a person captive far more disturbing. Why is the west side of a Fantasyland now anchored by Rapunzel's prison? Why does Maurice use his magic mirror to take us to meet his daughter while she is the Beast's hostage? Why are we dining at said hostage holding BEAST's palace? The original plans also had us visiting the Tremaine estate, but at least that experience was to show us the happy ending.
      This all REINFORCES the theme: At Disney they have a captive audience.

Comment

One I do not think has been mentioned: Why is a contemporary record studio at the end of a 1940s street?

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
        This all REINFORCES the theme: At Disney they have a captive audience.
        :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
          adventureland was always more complex then that though. its not simply just tropical jungle, there is the Caribbean around pirates, polynesian influences, the jungle cruise which is sort of generic jungle but more african then anything else, and the bazar which was initially there taking up that space and its middle eastern vibe. the ride does fit thematically at the end of the day, however my issue with it is that it doesn't fit LITERALLY creating arguably the worst bottle neck in the entire resort.

True. But the way I see it, all of these other settings (Caribbean, Polynesian, Africa) basically are all junglie (jungle-ish?). To me, that makes them more complimentary than the desert environment that all of a sudden is there with spitting camels. Just my thought.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

One I do not think has been mentioned: Why is a contemporary record studio at the end of a 1940s street?

:lol:
            YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! Rock N' Roller Coaster is also a theme violation!
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how Nemo in the Seas is a theme violation. And I'm fine with Tomorrowland being a sci-fiction, whimsical sort of a place with Future World depicting real life future. We don't need two lands based on real future.

Click the banner! ^^^^
              Follow us on Twitter
              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Where were you when we were brainstorming ideas for EPCOT?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                  I'm not entirely sure how Nemo in the Seas is a theme violation. And I'm fine with Tomorrowland being a sci-fiction, whimsical sort of a place with Future World depicting real life future. We don't need two lands based on real future.
                  So we'll talk to fish in the future?

Comment

So we'll talk to fish in the future?
                    Well progress is being made every day, it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                      Well what is the Seas with Nemo and Friends? What is Future World at Epcot?

Those are two questions, I honestly can't answer those questions looking at this attraction.

If you look at elements of the Seas with Nemo and Friends you can say ... yes that is it's thing to look at, or see.

Example:

Queue: Australian Beach and Under a pier
                      Ride: Trans Atlantic journey
                      Exit: Sea Base

Sea Base Area:
                      Animal Viewing: You are viewing from windows in an underwater Sea Base

Turtle Talk:
                      You are at a scientific research station that is learning to talk with Turtles

Other Exhibits:
                      Play play with semi-education exibits

So when you take all the elements independently you can say "yes that is nice, great theme" But when you add it all up to a whole that is supposed to be in Future World in Epcot which is defined on Wikipedia as

"Future World consists of a variety of pavilions that explore innovative aspects and applications including technology and science." - Epcot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just doesn't come together.

I could not tell you how the Seas with Nemo and friends fits that theme, or how all the thematic elements make a whole within the pavilion itself.

Comment

This is like a Disney version of E!'s fashion police-I'll give it a shot. Animal Kingdom isn't as thematically pure as it seems - the Finding Nemo musical doesn't fit the Dinoland theme, but neither did Nemo's hunky predecessor. So the theater in the wild has been in a constant state of theme violation.

Comment

I'm awaiting the completion of perfectly themed WhineyGuyLand.

Comment

Does the Mickey Meet and Greet on Main Street count as an attraction? Because he certainly didn't exist at the turn of the 20th Century. To put the time discrepency in perspective, It would be like having an attraction about the iphone in a land themed to the 1980s.
                            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                            sigpic

Comment

My last visit was 2008.
                              We rode Space Mountain in Tomorrow land.
                              Exit into gift shop.
                              All of the merchandise was High School Musical and CampRock.
                              *Sigh*

Comment

I find the praise for keeping a person captive far more disturbing. Why is the west side of a Fantasyland now anchored by Rapunzel's prison? Why does Maurice use his magic mirror to take us to meet his daughter while she is the Beast's hostage? Why are we dining at said hostage holding BEAST's palace?
                                The Castle Restaurant is meant to be post-film, as is Maurice's cottage. Only the actual Enchanted Tales show you enter through the mirror is time-travel for some reason and let's face it, it's just so they can use the enchanted objects because nobody cares about human Lumiere, just like how they never show Beast's prince form.

As for Gaston hanging around his Tavern, nobody survives a long fall like Gaston.
                                M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                sigpic
                                Flickr

Comment

I see the original poster didn't feel the need to add a "theme violations at USO" thread ,coincidence ? I think not

Comment

Originally posted by The Lost Boy View Post
                                    I'm awaiting the completion of perfectly themed WhineyGuyLand.
                                    :thumbup::yea::bow:

Comment

A lot of the technology in science-fiction becomes reality, and others will be real in the future. Buzz Lightyear represents the typical science-fiction hero, and he also represents the cool toys we had in the '90s. I think Toy Story will remain relevant because of all the spinoffs and the fact that people my age are starting to have kids of our own.
                                      No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by blondiemouse72 View Post
                                        I see the original poster didn't feel the need to add a "theme violations at USO" thread ,coincidence ? I think not
                                        lol well I could, but it would be pretty boring, because everything at IOA has a sense of place, and at USF because of the loose studios theme every kind of meshes together. But we could do a thread, but with 4 parks at WDW and endless theme violations, this is more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by blondiemouse72 View Post
                                          So start one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X