This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Splash now closing in January for 2.5 months refurb

Splash now being scheduled to close on January 6 through to March 21, reopening on March 22 2014. Why do you think they extended the refurb from a month to 2.5 months especially in light of the major refurb that went on earlier this year?

I was on Splash a few weeks ago. Except for the money hopping animatronic, everything else still seemed to be working and looked great (similar to my visit in May).

Re: Splash now closing in January for 2.5 months refurb

They're getting back on track with Splashes annual refurb.
    sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

It goes down every year for that long.

Comment

I read somewhere that the sun was especially hard on this ride for some reason. Don't they have to repaint or rebuild a lot of the thorns and things all along the outside of the ride because of the sun?

Also, I wonder if the constant flowing water creates some kid of problem that needs major fixing once a year.

Comment

Are we talking about the same Splash we discussed a few months ago where many of the animatronic figures were frozen? Is that fixed?
          "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

So I'm guessing that the animatronics are finally fixed?
            Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Again? It seems every single year that I go it's shut down (with the exception of 2012). They should switch around the dates, since not everyone goes spontaneously. Every February for me means; 'Let's Go to DisneyWorld!', and we're always disappointed when we get there and our favorite Mountain is closed.

Comment

On paper, January and most of February, tend to be the coolest months in Florida, hence the refurbs of Splash and Kali tend to take place during this period. As far as the condition of the mountain, it still looks are operates great since the refurb last year. The only missing effects I noticed last week were that the leap frog fountains weren't leaping in front of the logs, and Mr Bluebird, at the very end was frozen. Also noticed a couple of minor audio issues, but for the most part, Splash is still in good shape. Happy that attractions at WDW are starting to appear in a rotation of refurbs, both big and small. Many of the small, weeklong refurbs we've been seeing can go a long way in keeping the overall attraction in good shape. Any bit of preventative maintenance is welcome.
                WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
                Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,'10x3,'11x5,'12x4,'13x4,'14x 2
                DL-
                '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10,'14

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X