Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

Originally posted by steve76 View Post
    Ratatouille will be great, but the whole park needs some serious place-making like they did with DCA.
    That is sure. DCA wasn't fixed with just on new attraction, they redid a lot of the park.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

[QUOTE=jcruise86;1057045385] Welcome to Micechat, Stitch2002!

You're off to a great start because you share my opinion on Paris' Walt Disney Studio Park! )

Thanks, lol!
      I don't think the Rat will change the vibe you get inside the WDS, allthough I think it will be a great ride

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
        It seems like we are picking the least favorite out of your least favorites...I would've gone with DCA. I love it, but it's technically "the worst".
        Clearly you haven't been to WDS Paris. I'm not even joking or trying to make a point. If you didn't vote for DSP you do not have enough information to vote in this poll.
        Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

^ ^ I'm sure a lot of Tokyo Disney Sea fans feel that way about the voting for the BEST Disney park on that thread. Apparently it's pretty good, though I doubt the atmosphere (gardening, architecture, etc) can compare with Six Flags Magic Mountain. Just kidding!
          Last edited by jcruise86; 12-05-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I haven't been to a Disney park outside of the US so I can't judge those. For want it's worth EPCOT is really sterile/ugly and boring and so spread out. I don't even really like World Showcase that much because I've traveled a lot and frankly I have never felt like I was even close to being in those countries. If they had more attractions maybe but I find it kind of lame. I don't really care for Animal Kingdom only because I just do not get the whole zoo/theme park thing. Don't get me wrong there are some nice things in the park and I love animals but I'd rather it be either a wild animal park or a theme park but not both. 3rd worst US park would be Hollywood Studios. The park has some really good attractions but the whole fake movie studio theme doesn't do for me. I don't care for USF for the same reason.
            Last edited by Mark Wilkinson; 12-06-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Wilkinson View Post
              I haven't been to a Disney park outside of the US so I can't judge those. For want it's worth EPCOT is really sterile/ugly and boring and so spread out. I don't even really like World Showcase that much because I've traveled a lot and frankly I have never felt like I was even close to being in those countries. If they had more attractions maybe but I find it kind of lame. I don't really care for Animal Kingdom only because I just do not get the whole zoo/theme park thing. Don't get me wrong there are some nice things in the park and I love animals but I'd rather it be either a wild animal park or a theme park but not both. 3rd worst US park would be Hollywood Studios. The park has some really good attractions but the whole fake movie studio theme doesn't do for me. I don't care for USF for the same reason.
              So it sounds like you only love the Magic Kingdom and perhaps the Disneyland Resort, correct?
              Have you been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Cedar Point?

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                So it sounds like you only love the Magic Kingdom and perhaps the Disneyland Resort, correct?
                Have you been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Cedar Point?
                Well I do like both of the Magic Kingdoms (WDW/DLR) since they really are the heart and soul of the Disney park experience but I also like California Adventure. Because the Disneyland Resort packs a lot into their two parks I prefer it over WDW. Plus I'm not the type of guy requires the "Disney bubble." In fact it kind of creeps me out.

It's not that I hate DHS, EPCOT and DAK. It's more like I would not care to go back, at least in their current state. Unfortunately I was never able to experience EPCOT in it's heyday and I'm afraid to me it seems like a really dated concept. Like I said I have never been to the parks overseas but from what I've seen on the Internet I think I would love Tokyo DisneySea and the beauty of Disneyland Paris.

No I have never been to Busch Gardens or Cedar Point. I'm not big fan of the iron thrill parks (which in probably why I'm a Disney fan) but I hear Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a beautiful park.

Comment

Originally posted by MactheMan View Post
                  I don't even understand the point of this thread. If you voted for anything other that Walt Disney Studios Paris you need to do more research. . .
                  The point is to spread the word of any problems, if there are any, since problems can't be solved until they are recognized.

Then again, does Bob Iger care that Disneyland Paris has a problem? (I'd argue that almost the whole Studios Park is a problem and that it's always been worse than DCA has ever been.) Only Iger knows his true thoughts about that petition the came out of Europe.
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 12-13-2013, 02:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                    I cannot believe you're getting heat for this. Your list is fine. The topic was select the worst Disney Park and not rank all the Disney parks. In selecting the worst one, clearly a handful of them would not be considered.
                    I thought your list was fine. I prob would have even left off DAK.
                    Thanks again, Kidgenie!
                    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-19-2013, 04:07 AM. Reason: 1 typo/1 diction improvement

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                      ...As I edit this,
                      the Paris studios park
                      has earned 80
                      votes,

The WDW studios in Orlando: 17.

The unkempt & stagnant Disneyland park in Paris
                      has 7 votes,
                      perhaps because voters could vote for more than one park,
                      and the stench of the Paris Studios park wafts over to the much better adjacent park.
                      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^^ Update ^^
                      Last edited by jcruise86; 04-04-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

So Avatar is coming to the WDW studios
                        and Ratatouille is coming to the Paris studios.

Which of these two worst Disney parks will get the better addition?
                        When will each be completed?

Comment

Land over Attraction.

Are you going to get to Ratatouille this Summer?
                          Avatarland is probably going to be over 2 years away.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I must disagree with Rockin' Roller Coaster being better then California Screamin'... Rockin' is fun, but extremely tacky at DHS, and frankly short. California Screamin' is grand, gorgeous, and so so fun!! SO SMOOTH!

WDS is by far the worst park, but DHS is a close second. Good lord that "Studio tour" is terrible. The New York section or whatever is useless, it's a fairly ugly park... It just needs work.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                            ~

Comment

I'm a little confused about why Parc Disneyland at DLP is included on this. I agree that maintenance there is absolutely not up to par with the rest of Disney's parks around the world, however, it's also one of the most beautiful Castle Parks they have. I think it's more beautiful than the Magic Kingdom in WDW. They have the absolute best castle, and lots of hidden nooks and crannies and paths to discover throughout the park that make it so magical. I do think it's a huge shame that they don't keep it up, because it has the potential to absolutely shine. I would, in no world, consider it one of Disney's "worst" parks, though. WDS is another story. But Parc Disneyland just needs someone to take care of it!

Sorry, maybe I'm just a loyal passholder getting overly defensive of "my" park!

Comment

This is hard for me to answer since I have only been to WDW. My least fave park there is Animal Kingdom and it is not close.

I am surprised by all the hate of Hollywood Studios.. I love that park and it is at least a 2 full day park when we are there. I love the shows and I think it has the 2nd best set of rides of all the parks.. I am shocked to see all the hate for that place.
                                Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
                                Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Comment

Most people in the thread are talking about Walt Disney Studios in Disneyland Paris, which is a much worse version of DHS in WDW. It's got some great attractions, but they're all just kind of randomly stuck in a very theme-less and soul-less park.

Comment

Well I've only been to the four orlando parks (just got back Tuesday ) so here it goes
                                    Magic kingdom- I can't get enough of looking at that park,so beautiful,good rides,late hours BUT soooo crowded
                                    Epcot- love world showcase so much and the inside the the golfball ride,but not too much else I'm into,second best park for winter hours
                                    Hollywood studios-I love the Art Deco 50s design,the special effects shows and famtasmic ,closes too early
                                    Animal kingdom-this was my first time,I really like the look of this park ,having a margarita at that African bar then going on Safari was just perfect,also kind of liked the creepy aspect of the park at closing time,but counting the extra half hour for fantasmic at DHS,this means animal kingdom is the earliest park to close
                                    In summary for me personally I can't find a worst,each one has a gimmick that I would reccomended to anyone highly

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
                                      But the sight lines and coherency at DHS are vastly superior to DCA's...in PP, you see more of Anaheim than you do Disney theming. That's a huge problem in my book, that none of the Florida parks have.

I also prefer the dining at DHS, it's my second-favorite lineup of restaurants besides Epcot.

Furthermore, the attractions I did compare are superior to their DCA counterparts...RnRC is better than Screamin, ToT at DHS is better, Star Tours is better than Soarin (a shell of its former self), TSMM at DHS has a superior queue, and GMR blows the dark rides at DCA out of the water. The Muppets also has a better theatre at DHS. Cars Land is great and has no comparison, but its a land based off of one franchise which I still think is a mistake, and there are many issues with the sight lines inside when not facing RSR (again, a problem nonexistent at the WDW parks).

Also, just because there are a lot of shows at DHS in lieu of rides doesn't mean it's lacking. LMA and Indy are more thrilling than Mater or the other carnival rides at DCA, IMO. The Walf Disney walk through is also unique and very neat.

DCA is by no means a bad park, but I think it has a lot of fundamental issues that aren't present at DHS.
                                      IMO, California Screamin' is better then RnRC because of its, openness and view.... if you look in the direction away from Aneheim! Aside from that, however, I agree with you for everything, especially thinking that lands based on franchises are BAD ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAboutMickey View Post
                                        I'm a little confused about why Parc Disneyland at DLP is included on this. I agree that maintenance there is absolutely not up to par with the rest of Disney's parks around the world, however, it's also one of the most beautiful Castle Parks they have. I think it's more beautiful than the Magic Kingdom in WDW. They have the absolute best castle, and lots of hidden nooks and crannies and paths to discover throughout the park that make it so magical. I do think it's a huge shame that they don't keep it up, because it has the potential to absolutely shine. I would, in no world, consider it one of Disney's "worst" parks, though. WDS is another story. But Parc Disneyland just needs someone to take care of it!

Sorry, maybe I'm just a loyal passholder getting overly defensive of "my" park!
                                        Since people could vote for more than one park, I suspect that those who voted for Parc Disneyland in Paris were just stressing that the resort hasn't been kept up as well as they'd like it to be--as was expressed by so many of Europeans in that petition to Iger.

If I had just allowed voters to vote for one park, I suspect Parc Disneyland would have earned even fewer votes. It was once so impressive and could be again--hopefully before its 50th Anniversary!

And I'm with "Disney Analyst" about the smooth and beautiful California Screamin' being far superior to the cheap-looking and obnoxious Rock 'n' Roller coaster.

I hope the soon-to-open Ratatioulle attraction it's area at the Paris Studios is the first step in a dramatic turnaround for that park.
                                        Last edited by jcruise86; 04-04-2014, 12:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm not very fond of Tokyo Disneyland due to the absence of a railroad circling the park. I can tell I won't like Shanghai Disneyland for the same reason. It's not a Disneyland if a train isn't encircling it.
                                          Disney visits over the years:
                                          • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
                                          • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
                                          • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
                                          • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
                                          • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
                                          • Disneyland, August 2007
                                          • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
                                          • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
                                          • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
                                          • Disneyland, June 2013
                                          • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
                                          • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
                                          • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
                                          • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

Working...
                                          X