Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

I've been reading some mixed reviews about the current state of
    Disney's Animal Kingdom
    and Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World,
    and about the stagnant Disneyland Park outside of Paris,
    and the too small Hong Kong Disneyland,
    but I can't imagine that any Disney park is as bad as the ugly, cheap Walt Disney Studios Park outside of Paris. I thought it was beyond repair.

What do you think is the worst Disney park in the world? Please add your comments and feel free to vote for more than one park if you think it's a close call.
    Disney's Animal Kingdom at WDW
    4.24%
    Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW
    15.25%
    Hong Kong Disneyland
    4.24%
    Disneyland Park (Paris)
    6.78%
    Walt Disney Studio Park (Paris)
    69.49%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Re: What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

It's unfair that you don't list ALL of Disney's parks

Comment

Definetly wsp. A cheap nasty concrete mess. It's just so sad that its next to one of the most beautiful parks ever built, although the way things are going DLP may join it in a race to the bottom :-(

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
          I didn't think the Tokyo parks and the two at the Anaheim resort really had a shot at winning this,
          and EPCOT is still at least a shadow of it's magnificent former self,
          and the MK's 17 million visitors can't be wrong on a poll in the WDW section.

What's unfair is the depression I felt after I paid admission to enter Disney's Paris studios park.

I guess if I had created a "Best Saturday Night Live cast member of all time" poll, I'd have "unfairly" left off Chris Kattan, even though he was talented and funny, and if I discussed greatest NFL franchises of all time, the [insert team with fewest crazy fans] might not have been on the list.
          There are 11 Disney Parks and only up 10 ten poll options, so at least one had to go.

I don't really see now anyone who's been the the Paris studios park could vote for another. It's the only Disney park I don't like, and I hate it. I'm talkin' a Roger Ebert's review of Rob Reiner's "North" level of hatred.

I suggest reading the review. Here's an excerpt: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=982R2eAhL54

(A better clip would be Belzer, then Rob Reiner himself, reading Ebert's North review at a Rob Reiner roast, but I didn't come across that.)
          Last edited by jcruise86; 09-26-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Some might hate EPCOT or DCA.

Or think Magic Kingdom is the worst of the bunch.

And so on. Do you want people to vote on their own, or come to your conclusion?

Comment

Some might hate EPCOT or DCA.

Or think Magic Kingdom is the worst of the bunch.

And so on. Do you want people to vote on their own, or come to your conclusion?
              I was thinking along the same lines. A little over a year ago DCA would have been a top on that list by a lot of people. What I don't like about these kind of polls is worst at what? Worst food? Customer service? Rides? Prices? Could change based on what is worst.
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Is it even ok to call Walt Disney Studios a theme park? I can't even call it a Disney park. It's like DCA 1.0 but on a much grander scale.

Comment

Do you want people to vote on their own, or come to your conclusion?
                  I want them to come to my conclusion. Then I want Disney to pump two billion into the "worst" park, and a billion into the second through fourth place parks. But what will happen is that Iger will push for things that keep him as CEO for a few more years--or longer--so he can get $100 to 200 million more. That short-term aim is currently the ultimate goal of the Disney company. And Staggs will push for what he (incorrectly?) thinks will make him the next CEO.

As I edit this, the Paris studios park has earned 62 votes,
                  The WDW studios in Orlando: 15.
                  The unkempt & stagnant Disneyland park in Paris: 6.
                  The undersized Hong Kong Disneyland: 3.
                  Disney's Animal Kingdom: 1. (Apparently oneMicechatter is not an animal lover. ) Or maybe he or she loves animals even more than the rest of us. Or. . . explain your vote, please. I know you could vote for more than one, but THE worst?)

Again, Micechat polls allow for 10 options, and since there are 11 Disney parks I had to make a call about which park was least likely to be called "THE worst!" at this time. I got carried away because the four Tokyo & Anaheim parks all have many fans at this time, and two WDW parks (MK and Epricot--mmm giant silver orb) seem more popular than the other two WDW parks at this point in 2013. Since I'm almost a blogger and lack a journalist's ethics, the Tokyo & Anaheim park presidents are welcome to reward me with park passes.
                  :ap:

--Tom Sinsky
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 12-19-2013, 04:55 AM. Reason: to update votes

Comment

Hoping for 4 more voters to make this officially scientific with 30+ participants. :geek::ap:

It's good to see at least two Micechatters in England weighing in!

I wonder if if Bob Iger, Thomas Staggs or the Disneyland Paris president
                    will spend more than one minute thinking about that Disneyland Paris petition from Europe
                    that was reported in some British papers.

I think the castle parks in Paris and Orlando will only get minimal improvements over the long run from Iger while their attendance #s remain high. OK, WDW's Fantasyland could be seen as a moderate improvement, though it's minor if it's viewed in the context of WDW's 42 year history. It seems they're taking the approach: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Meanwhile, U Orlando is "going for broke.")
                    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-26-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

It seems like we are picking the least favorite out of your least favorites...I would've gone with DCA. I love it, but it's technically "the worst".

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
                        . . . I would've gone with DCA. I love it, but it's technically "the worst".

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                          Hoping for 4 more voters to make this officially scientific with 30+ participants. :geek::ap:
                          It won't have any validity because you limited the voting options to your own selections.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
                            It seems like we are picking the least favorite out of your least favorites...
                            Exactly

Comment

I don't even understand the point of this thread. If you voted for anything other that Walt Disney Studios Paris you need to do more research tbh. You don't need to even visit it (although I had that displeasure) to grasp how horrible it is.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X