Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

    Hi everyone! I am new to the forums! I love fantasmic and would hate to see it go. does anyone have any fantasmic fail stories? I love to hear them and even watch videos of the mishaps. Anyways, the true purpose of this thread. I have come up with an idea that ends the fight about replacing F! with WOC. what if the theatre gets a major overhaul to get all the electronics used to run WOC. This could save disney some money because on some days they could run F! and some days they could run WOC. they could even add PYRO to WOC. This is also good bc if fantasmic gets cancelled bc of weather WOC could be run instead. this keeps the guests happy. They could even run both shows on the same night maybe one of each. this is a no brainer woth endless possibilites. what do you guys think? sorry about my grammar.

  • #2
    Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

    Hello Goren1818 and Welcome to Micechat! I think your idea is an interesting on. Being a DL junkie I have seen the infulstructure of WoC and it take up a lot of room just having the fountain platforms there take up over the length of a football field with out the projectors, projector buildings, and lighting rigs located throughout Paradise Pier. WoC cannot run in low winds because of the mist screens are not strong enough to fight it. The current placement of Fantasmic in DHS would require the entire tank be ripped out and replaced with a larger one and the backdrop would not be the best for WoC since it is critical to a lot of the laser effects. On the positive side is Fantasmic cost of running is high and vs. WoC only need a handful people on site to run the show nightly +crowd control. I can see how TDO would love to save money with the park being emptier on weekday nights go for that show and save Fantasmic for weekend and holidays.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

      Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
      Hello Goren1818 and Welcome to Micechat! I think your idea is an interesting on. Being a DL junkie I have seen the infulstructure of WoC and it take up a lot of room just having the fountain platforms there take up over the length of a football field with out the projectors, projector buildings, and lighting rigs located throughout Paradise Pier. WoC cannot run in low winds because of the mist screens are not strong enough to fight it. The current placement of Fantasmic in DHS would require the entire tank be ripped out and replaced with a larger one and the backdrop would not be the best for WoC since it is critical to a lot of the laser effects. On the positive side is Fantasmic cost of running is high and vs. WoC only need a handful people on site to run the show nightly +crowd control. I can see how TDO would love to save money with the park being emptier on weekday nights go for that show and save Fantasmic for weekend and holidays.
      i wonder if disney can re design world of color and add it in Florida with a little bit different technology. Same concept though. Maybe it could even interact with the backdrop in a way. I don't know how but yeah

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

        world of colour works where it is because its more of a boardwalk setting show, a somewhat spontaneous seemingly event. DHS and its space however needs something like fantasmic a set show or theatrical production to draw guests too its outward location. i think an updating of the original or a new show with similar premise would be a much better addition here with a world of color esque show being added as part of the disney springs DTD revamp.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

          i dont think WDW needs a WoC but it needs its technology.if Steve Davison Put another Chapter into Fantasmic in DHS it will be fine.just like he did in TDS version Fantasmic, but for reason the show was to be called in Imagination not Fantasmic! but due to some circumstances theyd named it Fantasmic.and if you listen into its theme song Its all about Imagination and Famtasmic.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

            Yes!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

              Originally posted by goren1818 View Post
              i wonder if disney can re design world of color and add it in Florida with a little bit different technology. Same concept though. Maybe it could even interact with the backdrop in a way. I don't know how but yeah
              I think at this point in it's evolution, you're already seeing World of Color, which evolved into Disney Dreams at Disneyland Paris, and is about to evolve into a show projected on to the Tree of Life in DAK. That's your East Coast WoC.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                Originally posted by goren1818 View Post
                Anyways, the true purpose of this thread. I have come up with an idea that ends the fight about replacing F! with WOC. what if the theatre gets a major overhaul to get all the electronics used to run WOC. This could save disney some money because on some days they could run F! and some days they could run WOC. they could even add PYRO to WOC. This is also good bc if fantasmic gets cancelled bc of weather WOC could be run instead. this keeps the guests happy. They could even run both shows on the same night maybe one of each. this is a no brainer woth endless possibilites. what do you guys think? sorry about my grammar.
                They cannot run both shows at the same theater. Sorry, this is impossible.

                Fantasmic features the Steamboat. This boat cannot travel in the lagoon when the World Of Color water features are located all over the same lagoon. At California Adventure, they barely lower the water nozzles. You can see them quite easily slightly above or below the waterline.

                If there is a weather problem, they should have fixed the show to perform in bad weather a long time ago. Florida weather is no mystery. I just find it strange that anyone would still want to see an outdoor show in bad weather. Maybe you're too optimistic.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                  They could add a Florida WoC to alternate with their Fantasmic as long as it's inferior to the one at DCA and thus consistent with the rest of WDW.

                  Kidding! :ap:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                    But it would coool if
                    disney could figure out a way to alternate!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                      THIS is where they're going:

                      New nighttime show coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom; New Avatar concept art released | Orlando Attractions Magazine

                      There are no plans to bring World of Color to Orlando

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                        well what DHS needs is some sort of show that can alternate with fantasmic in the same theatre

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                          Cimsatnaf !

                          They can run the show backwards as they put everything back in place for Fantasmic !

                          OK Just an idea.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                            guys I am sure if this guy can build WOC in his backyard disney can too! Kevin's World of Color 2.0 with Fantasmic Finale! - YouTube

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The fight over replacing fantasmic with world of color.

                              Only if they decide its cheaper than Fantasmic but that'd be sad. It would never be both - they'd only install WoC if it saved money and I don't even think the show is the best here but in terms of venue it would lose what it does have going for it (Paradise Pier surroundings) by being cloned in Orlando.

                              Its gauranteed - WoC goes in and Fantasmic Florida goes to YesterWorld.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X