• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hathaway Browne
    MiceChatter
    • Jul 2008

News Jingle Cruise

No, that's not a typo in the thread title....

Jungle Cruise Goes ‘Jingle Cruise’ for the Holidays at Disneyland Park & Magic Kingdom Park « Disney Parks Blog

The festivities begin in November.
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney
  • Timon'sGirl
    Helpful
    • Jun 2010

Re: Jingle Cruise

So nice to be able to see something different on the same ole ride. I will be there on the 2nd.

Comment

• swampymarsh
      Under that tree again!
      • Nov 2011

I'm really glad MK is getting another ride layover and non party feature.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• aimster
        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Can't wait to check it out!

Comment

• almandot
          Shubisha
          • Apr 2005

At Magic Kingdom this'll probably only lead to even more people asking if the country bears are doing their christmas show

At Disneyland... Let's see: Small World, Mansion, Jingle Cruise, if they added Santa shooting down the alien in Ghost Galaxy they could have overlays in all 4 corners of the park ;D

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
            Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
            • Feb 2007

This is probably silly, but as will be visiting for the first time in seven years in mid-November, rather hope this overlay won't change the temple section of the ride, with the usual music and 'ambiance' or add more dialogue since the Skippers usually stay silent for that stretch, let the mood reign - I love the music in there and eerie type vibe, it's a great Marc Davis design piece. But that's probably too much to hope.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• seafaring_ghost
              The Steampunk Dread Baron
              • Jun 2006

Wonder if any of the skippers will croon "I'll be home for Christmas" since it seems appropriately themed as a song for them with this overlay
              The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

• aimster
                Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                At Magic Kingdom this'll probably only lead to even more people asking if the country bears are doing their christmas show
                Here's hoping that happens and as a result we finally get the Christmas show back! I'm still jealous Tokyo still gets the Christmas show. I'm still mad they took it away at WDW. Was one of my favorite holiday offerings for years.

Comment

• Mewshuji
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                  This is probably silly, but as will be visiting for the first time in seven years in mid-November, rather hope this overlay won't change the temple section of the ride, with the usual music and 'ambiance' or add more dialogue since the Skippers usually stay silent for that stretch, let the mood reign - I love the music in there and eerie type vibe, it's a great Marc Davis design piece. But that's probably too much to hope.
                  I'm getting the vibe that the actual ride elements won't be changed- the queue and boats will just be holiday themed with the skippers telling holiday style jokes. I don't think they'll change up much of the rest of the ride.

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                    I'm Theme Park Happy!
                    • May 2006

Trader sam at the end should have a holiday get up. I expect a Christmas tree at the camp site, Christmas presents undelivered at the plane crash site and Christmas lights inside the cave near the monkeys. this is what I expect to see.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X