Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Renting DVC points and MyMagic+

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Renting DVC points and MyMagic+

Hi there, my experienced and knowledgeable Micechatter friends...

I'm looking into renting DVC points through a professional website, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with that, particularly along with the new MyMagic+ system? I know renting points means you have limited access to your reservation before you get there...does this make it difficult to make Fastpass+ reservations? If anyone out there has experience with this and could give me the pros and cons, I would much appreciate it!

FYI, I will not be using the dining plan. I'm hoping to find a studio or one-bedroom villa at the Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach Club. Renting points would allow me to afford a Deluxe resort for the first time...but if it seems like there will be too many drawbacks or risks to renting, I will just book a Moderate resort directly through Disney.

Re: Renting DVC points and MyMagic+

Originally posted by PBandJ View Post
    Hi there, my experienced and knowledgeable Micechatter friends...

I'm looking into renting DVC points through a professional website, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with that, particularly along with the new MyMagic+ system? I know renting points means you have limited access to your reservation before you get there...does this make it difficult to make Fastpass+ reservations? If anyone out there has experience with this and could give me the pros and cons, I would much appreciate it!

FYI, I will not be using the dining plan. I'm hoping to find a studio or one-bedroom villa at the Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach Club. Renting points would allow me to afford a Deluxe resort for the first time...but if it seems like there will be too many drawbacks or risks to renting, I will just book a Moderate resort directly through Disney.
    hey there, i rented a room through a dvc rental group back in feb, linked it to my disney experience in april/may and was able to book magic+ experiences when i was selected for it. had no issues with any reservations or anything. so i think you will be fine, if you can link it

Comment

I have another question. Does renting a DVC room also mean you don`t get Extra Magic Hour?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, renderman! I'm glad to hear you didn't have any issues.

I'm a little disappointed to see that the studio and one bedroom DVC rooms all feature one bed and one sleeper sofa (aside from Old Key West, where I have no interest in staying). Anyone know how comfy the sleeper sofas are at Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach Club? Sleeping on anything other than a proper bed is not my idea of a vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerryp49 View Post
          I have another question. Does renting a DVC room also mean you don`t get Extra Magic Hour?
          Your room key gets you in.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X