Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Sid Cahuenga's closing today permanently to make a My Magic + Center! :(

Today is the last day for Sid Cahuenga's, it's being turned into a stupid My Magic + service center. This makes me hate MM+ even more.

Details at Disneyworld Magic - Sid Cahuengas closing today to be replaced with MyMagic+ service center

I always loved Sid's. I actually bought an original Tron disc movie prop there back in 1989 for $60. It's always been one of my favorite parts of the park, and now one of my least favorite parts is moving in. Sigh.

Re: Sid Cahuenga's closing today permanently to make a My Magic + Center!

Oh man! Sid Cahuenga's was a quaint unique merchandise store. This has me bummed.

Comment

NOOOOOOOO!!!
      Why why why???

There's got to be other places they could do their MyMagic thing. Sid's was practically the only thing left that sold Hollywood stuff, not the generic Disney Parks lines. Yeah, I know you can get Indy stuff here and Star Wars there, but Sid's was what this park ought to be about. OK, so that's wishful thinking, I know they don't care about that stuff anymore, but still.
      Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

This sucks. I wonder why the cast member behind the counter didn't tell us anything? I am glad my brother bought his autographed photo of some actor he wanted last week. I have always loved going in this shop even though I could never afford any of the props or autographs.

Comment

I had never gone in there. And now it looks like I never will. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this.

Click the banner! ^^^^
          Follow us on Twitter
          @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
          Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I went inside there today purely by coincidence and no one said a word about it closing, just asked if they could help me find anything, etc.

Truly too bad if this turns out to be true.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Sad, but expected.

Comment

Not surprised at all but ironic if there is some Disney star signatures/pictures or Disney movie related props in there. I had the chance to browse in there but my mother rushes us through the parks every time we visit.

"THAT'S R
                IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

I bought a tinkerbell sketch there on a past trip. Sad to see it go. Maybe it'll get relocated to a new shop? I suspect the prime location is the reason for this takeover?

Comment

Are these MM+ centers all that busy? Couldn't they have used Crossroad of the World? Guest relations? Sounds Dangerous? Really.. how about Sounds Dangerous :P

Comment

Wow. "Guest Relations" sounds like a natural, doesn't it?

Comment

I think they purposefully kept this under wraps. MyMagic+ is getting enough bad press and negative feedback from visitors and the online community. Why make a big deal about another removal of something cool? I know they'll sell this as a positive since it's a place for people to reserve FP+ and "enhance" the guest experience, but it's sad regardless. What's next?

Comment

"enhance" the guest experience, but it's sad regardless. What's next?
                          Not that anyone listens to me, but chair massages would be nice.

Comment

That's really sad if it's true. Sid's was one of the best and unique parts of the park.

Comment

to be fair from Disney's perspective it probably didn't make much fiscal sense anymore. back when the park was a studio, disney was producing a high volume of live action films and shows with a bunch of left over props they could sell for pure profit since they were useless now anyways. with less of these projects being done they have to bring stuff in or acquire props that they can then later sell making less fiscal sense. its sad because its a great cool idea but its core theme i guess just stopped making bottom line sense and thats an instant death sentence for a store considering that and food are where disney makes their main profits.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X