This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long should I stay at WDW for?

Keep in mind that once you have the 4 or 5 day ticket, adding additional days is only $10-20 per day, so even if you only go for a couple of hours. It can still be worth it, especially with the new FP+. Do your 3 headliners with a minimal wait then go back to your "rest/resort" day, or go in the evening after spending the day at Universal or Sea World.

If you just want to see WWoHP, get there half an hour before opening, head there quick and you should be able to get everything done in just a couple of hours. That will change once the expansion opens, because there will be more to do, but also because it will be much gipsies as everyone checked out the new attractions. I LOVE HP and loved WWoHP, especially the butterbeer, but I did all 4 rides, FJ twice, plus Olivanders, plus had two butterbeers, and was easily done in about 2 hours. It was a low crowd day, but the key is to get there early, do Olivanders first, then FJ.

Also, rent a car, especially if you are planning on going off property anyway. I loved having the freedom to go when and where I wanted, without waiting for the bus and then being packed in like sardines!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post
      Keep in mind that once you have the 4 or 5 day ticket, adding additional days is only $10-20 per day, so even if you only go for a couple of hours. It can still be worth it, especially with the new FP+. Do your 3 headliners with a minimal wait then go back to your "rest/resort" day, or go in the evening after spending the day at Universal or Sea World.

If you just want to see WWoHP, get there half an hour before opening, head there quick and you should be able to get everything done in just a couple of hours. That will change once the expansion opens, because there will be more to do, but also because it will be much gipsies as everyone checked out the new attractions. I LOVE HP and loved WWoHP, especially the butterbeer, but I did all 4 rides, FJ twice, plus Olivanders, plus had two butterbeers, and was easily done in about 2 hours. It was a low crowd day, but the key is to get there early, do Olivanders first, then FJ.

Also, rent a car, especially if you are planning on going off property anyway. I loved having the freedom to go when and where I wanted, without waiting for the bus and then being packed in like sardines!
      this and you get the 5th day free.

by the time the OP goes everything will have been open for almost a year so some of the crowds should have died down, especially because april may is a lighter time (hence why i'm going during that period this year )

renting a car is clutch too but I'm finding out right now that the under 25 charge is kind of a killer, criminal even. if your within that age range certainly makes staying on property a little more appealing. if you are looking to cab it, it works out to about 80 bucks round trip all in.

Comment

Just came back from our WDW trip.

What I estimate:
        - Magic Kingdom can take 1.5 days
        - EPCOT 2 days (half a day at Future World, 30 mins to 1 hour per country in World Showcase with 11 countries)
        - Animal Kingdom 1 day
        - Hollywood Studios 1.5 days (Some major sit-down shows)
        - Universal Studios and Universal's Islands Of Adventure 1 day (for Simpson's Springfield & Wizarding World of Harry Potter if you're not interested in the rest of the 2 parks)

What we did:
        - Day 1 EPCOT
        - Day 2 MK
        - Day 3 1/2 EPCOT & 1/2 MK (to catch up on what we missed)
        - Day 4 Universal
        - Day 5 AK
        - Day 6 HS
        - Day 7 1/2 AK & 1/2 HS (to catch up on what we missed. We spent it at HS to watch more shows)
        - Day 8 for the EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival & Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba (We did more EPCOT. No really. I underestimated its size)
        - We went to the parks at open, back to the resort for a rest (1-2 hour break) most of the days, and back to the same park until close. Did/saw/rode/shopped about 75-85% of the 4 parks.

What to expect:
        - Travel time between parks & Pop Century Resort where we stayed was about 10-15 mins. Wait times for buses was usually about 20 mins or less. Magic Kingdom was the furthest from Pop Century, so expect 20-25 min travel time.
        - Pop Century food was not the best, to be honest. Park snacks & quick service/dine-in restaurants worked really well for us. We mostly did late morning brunches & early/late dinners.
        - How you plan your FastPass+ and how long you wait in stand-by lines for attractions/rides/dining affects your time in the parks. Also don't forget parades/shows/fireworks shows/street performances.
        - My friend in Orlando spent the day with us at Universal, so we had the benefit of him driving us to/back to the resort. Otherwise, you should cab it.
        - If you can order your Universal Park-to-Park pass online, do it. It can take about 1 hour or more waiting in line at the ticket booths. Each person/group that gets to the counter has tons of questions, gets the full up-sell spiel, and takes time discussing/deciding on what tickets they want.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Wow- lots to take in here!

Unfortunately, renting a car is not an option. I'm one of those weird adults with no driver's license .

Are they still building things in Fantasyland? I know the Mine Train's still unfinished after a million years (it MIGHT be open when I go, but I'm not really concerned either way), but is there more stuff kicking around waiting to be built?

The plan so far:
          * Arrive in Florida by afternoon-ish on April 26th (can't remember when the plane touches down), and probably just check out Downtown Disney and that giant Disney Store (love those things).

* Two days in Magic Kingdom (Sunday & Saturday- I wouldn't normally go ONLY on the weekend, but the Saturday is the only time Pirates is open, as it's being refurbed before that ). I got the Fastpass+ stuff all set up and everything (am I weird in liking that idea more than the old Fastpass set-up? I never used the old one THAT much at Disneyland, so I really use the same amount of Fastpasses I always would. I guess the anal-retentive planning is a big part of Disney vacations now...

* One day at EPCOT, though from suggestions here, another day might be worth it. I know the park is big, but how much of it is just sightseeing and how much is just DOING things? I can take or leave a lot of the detailed descriptions of stuff; is it like a museum or something? How are the "Countries" laid out in terms of their content? Is there just a lot of stuff to look at, or are their demonstrations and stuff?

* One day each at Hollywood & Animal Kingdom, though both have reps for being "half-day parks", from what I've heard. If I'm done early in one, I can go back to EPCOT.

* One day at Universal Studios- I'm not a HUGE Potter fan, but the big world might be fun to check out. As I can take or leave a lot of the attractions, I only really need one day, I think.

* One day at SeaWorld, though people I know all say I should just add an extra Disney day instead- must be Purists . I liked the SeaWorld in California, so I plan on enjoying this one, and I want to try out some of their big coasters.

I basically arrive, spend 7 days in Florida, then go home the next day. Seems like a pretty solid plan to me. Adding an extra day by this point is probably more trouble than it's worth (adding an extra day to the hotel AND changing a flight), and I'm not sure how necessary it would be. I don't really have a desire to see anything else in Florida just yet, and if I DO end up missing something, then it just gives me an excuse to come back later, right?

* How easy is it to get the tickets to Universal & SeaWorld ahead of time? Do they have to mail them to where I live? My computer printer doesn't work, so printing out the tickets at home isn't an option- unless it's possible to print them from someone else's, I suppose. (I already have the Disney passes waiting for me at the hotel, by the by)

* I'm not too afraid of the buses to the parks (the WDW guide I have actually points out that foreign visitors like me often make fun of the Americans for all their complaining about "huge" 20-minute waits), as I have a guide that states approximate times. Plus cyeoh stayed at Pop Century too, so I can use that experience as a guide as well! Are their buses & shuttles to Universal & SeaWorld as well?
          Last edited by Jabroniville; 03-09-2014, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
            Wow- lots to take in here!

Unfortunately, renting a car is not an option. I'm one of those weird adults with no driver's license .

Are they still building things in Fantasyland? I know the Mine Train's still unfinished after a million years (it MIGHT be open when I go, but I'm not really concerned either way), but is there more stuff kicking around waiting to be built?
            the train is the last part so worst case scenario, you just wont be able to get on it but all the walls will be down so you wont see any construction zones outside of maybe pinochio's village haus.

The plan so far:
            * Arrive in Florida by afternoon-ish on April 26th (can't remember when the plane touches down), and probably just check out Downtown Disney and that giant Disney Store (love those things).
            sounds good so far, keep in mind though that there is a ton of construction going on at DTD right now and several of the old favourite stores are closed as they transition into disney springs.

* Two days in Magic Kingdom (Sunday & Saturday- I wouldn't normally go ONLY on the weekend, but the Saturday is the only time Pirates is open, as it's being refurbed before that ). I got the Fastpass+ stuff all set up and everything (am I weird in liking that idea more than the old Fastpass set-up? I never used the old one THAT much at Disneyland, so I really use the same amount of Fastpasses I always would. I guess the anal-retentive planning is a big part of Disney vacations now...
            yes it is, but to be fair the return time is an hour long window so if you were planning on being at a park for x amount of time and the times aren't too far apart it isn't awful. that should be plenty of time for MK though.

* One day at EPCOT, though from suggestions here, another day might be worth it. I know the park is big, but how much of it is just sightseeing and how much is just DOING things? I can take or leave a lot of the detailed descriptions of stuff; is it like a museum or something? How are the "Countries" laid out in terms of their content? Is there just a lot of stuff to look at, or are their demonstrations and stuff?
            during flower and garden or food and wine festivals (you will be there during flower and garden) its more then a 2 day park, but 2 days should be at least enough to get through most of it. it consists of 2 halves, future world which has all the marquee attractions, and the world showcase where the countries are. since the whole park is about education and entertainment, future world is all based around different concepts to explore (energy, space, communications, transportation, the seas, the land, and our imagination). between actually lining up, riding all the attractions and experiencing the exhibits which is half the fun of the park (for example one of the largest aquarium tanks in the world at the seas, or the newest concept cars from gm at test track) this half is almost a full day in and of itself. world showcase on the other hand are compact lifelike recreations of some of the most famous parts of the world's greatest countries. each nation has various performers that are fun to watch as long with their own attraction or show that you can go on to experience the country further. while there are museum elements to each, those are minor parts as this land is so much more then that. the biggest part that makes Epcot a 2 day park IMO though is the food. you would truly be doing yourself a disservice if you did not at least book a few meal reservations at some of if not the best theme park restaurants in the world bar none. experiencing the food and drink of these nations in this manner or through a counter service window or even the special flower and garden booths that will be scattered throughout the park enhance the experience that much more. there is so much more to epcot then just that but i hope this brief explanation gives you the answers you were looking for.

* One day each at Hollywood & Animal Kingdom, though both have reps for being "half-day parks", from what I've heard. If I'm done early in one, I can go back to EPCOT.
            it all depends on your interest. if you want to go see all the shows, then all of a sudden DHS becomes at least a full day park. for me even if i were just doing attractions and the few shows i really like it still takes at least half a day rushing it. one day should give you enough time to get through most of the good stuff comfortably. AK on the other hand, i feel a full day until about 3 is a perfect amount of time at that park. there is a lot of walking so staying until then allows you to stay at a comfortable pace and not get too tired out, ride all the attractions see all the exhibits, grab a nice lunch, and then head back to epcot.

* One day at Universal Studios- I'm not a HUGE Potter fan, but the big world might be fun to check out. As I can take or leave a lot of the attractions, I only really need one day, I think.
            for the best theme park attraction in the world? yeah its definitely worth checking out, and i mean it when i say they have the best theme park attraction in the world. theres so much more thats very new at universal though. transformers and spider man are incredible as well, the simpsons land looks phenomenal, men in black is a far better version of buzz lightyear, despicable me is supposed to be great, their roller coasters are solid, the list goes on.

* One day at SeaWorld, though people I know all say I should just add an extra Disney day instead- must be Purists . I liked the SeaWorld in California, so I plan on enjoying this one, and I want to try out some of their big coasters.
            I wouldn't waste my time to be honest. the california one is their best park IMO, and your time would honestly be better spent at universal. that way you could shift the last 1/2 nights of your stay there and get a free front of the line pass that will be veryyyy convenient when going through those parks, trust me.

I basically arrive, spend 7 days in Florida, then go home the next day. Seems like a pretty solid plan to me. Adding an extra day by this point is probably more trouble than it's worth (adding an extra day to the hotel AND changing a flight), and I'm not sure how necessary it would be. I don't really have a desire to see anything else in Florida just yet, and if I DO end up missing something, then it just gives me an excuse to come back later, right?
            overall a pretty solid plan but if you want to make changes its not that big of a deal, your still far enough out.

* How easy is it to get the tickets to Universal & SeaWorld ahead of time? Do they have to mail them to where I live? My computer printer doesn't work, so printing out the tickets at home isn't an option- unless it's possible to print them from someone else's, I suppose. (I already have the Disney passes waiting for me at the hotel, by the by)
            its easy, don't have to mail them or anything just buy them online, print out the sheet, and they have an electronic will call at the front of the park that will save you from standing in those long lines.

* I'm not too afraid of the buses to the parks (the WDW guide I have actually points out that foreign visitors like me often make fun of the Americans for all their complaining about "huge" 20-minute waits), as I have a guide that states approximate times. Plus cyeoh stayed at Pop Century too, so I can use that experience as a guide as well! Are their buses & shuttles to Universal & SeaWorld as well?
            no there is no buss or shuttle from your resort to those parks, disney is going to make it as difficult as they can without going out of their way for you to get off property. your best bet is to cab it. the cost should be around 80 bucks round trip to universal and sea world should be closer to 60.

any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Comment

EPCOT is huge! If you just take a walk around and don't really spend any time at the places it's a one day park. If you want to explore however you can spend 2 or 3 days checking everything out. Just about every country has shops and restaurants as well as some with rides, some with movies and so on. Future World has one of those big Disney stores you like as well as a lot of rides. Some of which FP would be a plus to use.

Comment

So you are going in April/May 2015, so a little over a year from now?

Youv an an check out the Mears shuttle for transportation to/from Universal and Sea World. I think it's around $25/person, round trip. You can purchase the tickets online for Uni and I think there a kiosks there where you can print them. I purchased mine from Undercover Tourist...saved a couple of bucks but really, saved time by having them in hand when I went!

My recent trip was this:
                day 1: MK
                day 2: AK first half, DHS, second half
                day 3: Universal first half, Epcot second half
                day 4: DHS for EMH, Epcot for a few hours, MK for dinner and evening entertainment
                day 5: MK for EMH, Epcot for a final school bread before leaving for home

i was surprised to be done with AK in just about 4 hours...including Nemo and flights of wonder, but I got all the rides done during EMH (except Kali...I don't like walking around wet!).
                Last edited by CassiefRN; 03-09-2014, 10:18 AM.
                Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

I would recommend two days at the MK and a day each at EPCOT, DHS, and DAK. SeaWorld Orlando is indeed a full day and I would recommend you get to the shows at least 30 minutes before each show starts especially the One Ocean show. Universal Orlando Resort is at least two full days, keep in mind they have two parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure.
                  Current coaster count: 179
                  100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
                  150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
                  last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Comment

Working...
                  X