Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one Florida theme park development RU currently most excited about?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which one Florida theme park development RU currently most excited about?

I'm not a Universal Orlando employee but I voted for the Harry Potter expansion. It's really coming and bridging two parks with one attraction just thrills me to no end.

At Disneyland we had a Skyway that brought people from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland and vice versa. The Railroad makes several stops. And the Monorail took us to the hotel. But nothing has ever been done like this before.

Let's face it, WDW has rested on their laurels for waaaaaay too long and they're going to need more than a new Fantasyland and Avatar to do it. Avatar is just way too far away for me to be remotely interested… and it's not even a property I enjoy. It just exists.

And Universal has consistently delivered ride technology that are mind blowing with Spider-Man/Transformers, Harry Potter, and now Gringott's. We still don't know where Avatar will take us.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Hogwarts Express hands down haha!
      Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

I voted The Dwarves Mine Train.
        I really, really,REALLY like mines for some reason.

Comment

Harry Potter World 2.0 ftw! Universal is really creating quality attractions in so little time its insane. The seven dwarves mine train looks to be smaller and not as e-ticket-ish as Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and has taken what seems like a lot longer for them to realize. Universal has the build model right...If you build it they will come. Now please Disney go back to this philosophy. Not; if we repackage it they will come.

Comment

I think the dwarf coaster could get some more votes over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
              I think the dwarf coaster could get some more votes over the next few weeks.
              I agree with this. I know I have been getting more and more excited about it. In fact, it is one of the reasons I just booked a trip for August.

I can only speak for me but I find too many of Universal's newest rides to be variations of simulator rides. These can make me nauseous after a short while. I think Disney may take too long to build stuff but they still build the best themed rides in the world and often with more ground breaking technology.

Comment

Originally posted by eynsteinp View Post
                I agree with this. I know I have been getting more and more excited about it. In fact, it is one of the reasons I just booked a trip for August.

I can only speak for me but I find too many of Universal's newest rides to be variations of simulator rides. These can make me nauseous after a short while. I think Disney may take too long to build stuff but they still build the best themed rides in the world and often with more ground breaking technology.
                as much of a disney fan as i am, the forbidden journey in potterland would beg to differ on multiple levels.

Comment

I don't disagree that the Forbidden Journey is a new ride that is not based only on simulator technology but many of their rides are based on that technology and it makes me wonder if it is faster to build this type of ride than others. I have no problem with Universal in general but I do feel that they have too many of this type of ride in the parks.

Comment

The Seven Dwarfs Mine coaster is actually really misleading. If folks are expecting the next Big Thunder, they'll be sorely disappointed. Clocking in at just over 2 minutes, it's more of a fancy Barnstormer.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

ORWEN: Us Cauldron girls voted for the dwarf coaster because it's the only true Disney attraction listed. It may not be the most thrilling attraction. But we don't need something to be thrilling in order to be thrilled.

ORDDU: Aside from that, we're not into Avatar, Star Wars, Harry Potter and certainly not the least bit interested in anything having to do with Marvel.

ORGOCH: Got REAL Disney rides ta talk 'bout?

Comment

I wanted to say you missed one and come up with my own, but nah. Great poll! Yes, Marvel won't happen anywhere but Universal east of the Mississippi river. Nice to think about everything coming around!
                        I now own property in Frontierland named "The Backside of Water." Life can't get much better.

AP holder

Comment

Originally posted by eynsteinp View Post
                          I don't disagree that the Forbidden Journey is a new ride that is not based only on simulator technology but many of their rides are based on that technology and it makes me wonder if it is faster to build this type of ride than others. I have no problem with Universal in general but I do feel that they have too many of this type of ride in the parks.
                          No other attractions in the world use the same complex ride system as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

Comment

Working...
                          X