This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Festival of Fantasy float arrives at the MK

Festival of Fantasy Float Arrival at Magic Kingdom Park | Walt Disney World | Disney Parks - YouTube
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Re: Festival of Fantasy float arrives at the MK

ORWEN: Us cauldron girls were out flying our broomsticks around Disney property the night these floats were being paraded around. It was even more impressive to see them from above! We can hardly wait for the parade to begin!

Comment

They look really impressive. Cant wait to see them in action !!!

Comment

Floats look good so far, I also saw they have the same princess float as Jubilation.

Comment

Style Snapshots: ‘Disney Festival of Fantasy’ Parade Costumes

posted on February 10th, 2014 by Michelle Stepney, PR Content Director

Fashion insiders from around the globe have been flocking to the Big Apple since last Thursday for New York Fashion Week. It’s a bi-annual tradition where America’s top designers unveil their new collections for the upcoming season and set trends for months and years to come.
          At least one Disney designer is taking her turn in the fashion spotlight this week as Disney Parks unveils a new collection of costume creations for “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade,” which debuts at Magic Kingdom this March. And we all get a seat on the coveted “front row.”
          Costume designer Mirena Rada is expanding her portfolio of design projects for Disney Parks with this latest endeavor for a Walt Disney World Resort theme park. Previous creations include work for Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. These costumes, some of the most extravagant and elaborate in Disney Parks history, took almost a year to complete. The creations transpired in 10 different costume houses across eight cities and two countries, with the Creative Costuming facilities in both Florida and California among the mix.
          The production process mirrors current fashion trends, utilizing new technology to design and print custom fabrics in house. Rada partnered with Walt Disney World costumers to select fabrics that would work well in the Central Florida climate while also accommodating the needs of each performer.
          Our style squad got a sneak peek of some early sketches and behind-the-scenes video of some completed works.
          We can’t wait to see these whimsical designs come to life when “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” finally steps onto the streets of the Magic Kingdom Park. Let us know what you think.

A modern interpretation of classic elements is a hallmark of Rada’s designs as seen in the sculpted conch shell headpiece and shimmering pastel dress that comprise “The Little Mermaid” unit’s “Seashell Girl.”

After gathering the materials, Rada and a Creative Costuming graphic artist worked together to create almost 40 custom fabrics including the furry plaids and tweed stripes worn by the “Newsies-inspired” Lost Boys of the “Peter Pan” unit.

An innovative 3D printing technology was used to create the elegant beaks of the “Ravens” in the “Sleeping Beauty” unit. Each piece was base coated, bronzed, lacquered and gilded with fiery Swarovski stones to complete the finished look.

The Finale unit’s “Cha Cha Girl” is the queen of head-to-toe ensemble with her big top inspired fit and flare dress, bolero jacket embellished with sequins, star spangled tights and hair reminiscent of pulled taffy exuding the essence of Storybook Circus in New Fantasyland.
          Which costume is your favorite? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!
          Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

posted on February 10th, 2014 by Michelle Stepney, PR Content Director

Disney ParksDisney Festival of Fantasy ParadeWalt Disney World Resort theme park. Previous creations include work for Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland ResortMagic Kingdom Park. Let us know what you think.

The Little MermaidPeter PanSleeping BeautyStorybook Circus in New Fantasyland
            Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

From Facebook

Steve Davison Fan Page

Off to Orlando to review the new Festival of Fantasy parade in rehearsal! I'm so excited. We just finished mixing the music which is stellar (wait until you heard the dragon track! It's epic!)
              Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

The costumes look great, very much more in style of what Tokyo does. Glad they seem to be stepping it up.

Comment

The costumes are beautiful and rich in detail. Finally WDW Guests are getting a Parade that sets the standard found at other Disney Parks.
                  Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

When does the parade start? The costumes look so wonderfully Tokyo Disneyland I can hardly wait. It'd be swell if it were running in early April!
                    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Comment

Originally posted by Esmeralda View Post
                      When does the parade start? The costumes look so wonderfully Tokyo Disneyland I can hardly wait. It'd be swell if it were running in early April!
                      I've heard it will start in about 1 month for Spring Break.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Here is a video of the Fashion Show that sampled some of the outfits from the upcoming parade.

My favorites are the ones from the Dragon unit ~ they look OUTSTANDING!!!!!

The outfits I'm least impressed by are the Lost Boys - something just too ordinary about those outfits.

However everything else looks very impressive! I hope the music is as exciting, as everything else we've seen so far!

Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X