Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

    Greetings mateys, wouldn't it be waves of ultra flourecent coolness if the upcoming 2017 Pandora: The World of the Avatar water adventure turns out to be like Pirates in terms of ride elements such as.little drops, a big drop and/or other things?
    19
    Lottle Drops
    5.26%
    1
    A Big Drop
    0.00%
    0
    Little Drops and a Big Drop
    15.79%
    3
    Top Generation Animatronics
    68.42%
    13
    Projected imagry of fantasy ceatures, etc.
    0.00%
    0
    Riveting Music
    0.00%
    0
    Look-Alike Animatronics/Imagery of Sam Worthington & Zoe Saldana,
    0.00%
    0
    Look-Alike Animatronics/Imagery of Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang & Michelle Rodriguez
    0.00%
    0
    Johney Depp Mad Hatter Jack Animatronic
    0.00%
    0
    Other Elements
    10.53%
    2
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

    I want eloborate sets that include scenery from Pandora. I also would like it to tell a story that goes with the native race from the planet moon and how they are integrated with their world. You could have scenes that take you from the beggining of their civilization to where it is currently. Perhaps there was a time in their history where they abused Pandora and had to conserve what they were doing in order to preserve it for future generations. I would like a drop in it to at the appropiate portion of the attraction. Perhaps integrated with the floating mountains. I hope it's at least 10 mins long of an attraction if not longer like POTC.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

    DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

      Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
      I want eloborate sets that include scenery from Pandora. I also would like it to tell a story that goes with the native race from the planet moon and how they are integrated with their world. You could have scenes that take you from the beggining of their civilization to where it is currently. Perhaps there was a time in their history where they abused Pandora and had to conserve what they were doing in order to preserve it for future generations. I would like a drop in it to at the appropiate portion of the attraction. Perhaps integrated with the floating mountains. I hope it's at least 10 mins long of an attraction if not longer like POTC.
      Great ideas all! Elaborate scenery and set scenes would definitly produce the feel of the fantstic Pandora environment and story. It would be very interesting to see how the Imagineers create the floating mountains. There will be a flying (Soarin' type ride) that will likely zoom guests up to those mountains
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

        I vision this more like a Jungle Cruise type of thing than I do POTC. I mostly say this because I see this as an outdoor adventure and not indoors. I could be completely wrong but that has been the vision I have had in my imagination the whole time.

        I can't wait to see the vivid colors and the beautiful agriculture of the Pandora planet. I think if executed properly will be something that actually keeps people in AK later than 3 PM
        Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
        Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
          Great ideas all! Elaborate scenery and set scenes would definitly produce the feel of the fantstic Pandora environment and story. It would be very interesting to see how the Imagineers create the floating mountains. There will be a flying (Soarin' type ride) that will likely zoom guests up to those mountains

          They could set up a drop like POTC with the floating mountains. Turn your sttention away with scenary and then you drop from the Hallelujah Mountains to the ground.
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

          DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

            Originally posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
            I vision this more like a Jungle Cruise type of thing than I do POTC. I mostly say this because I see this as an outdoor adventure and not indoors. I could be completely wrong but that has been the vision I have had in my imagination the whole time.

            I can't wait to see the vivid colors and the beautiful agriculture of the Pandora planet. I think if executed properly will be something that actually keeps people in AK later than 3 PM
            If they are going to recreate night scenes like in movie it makes mores sense for it to be indoors in a controlled setting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

              I would like to see a cross between the Jungle Cruise and the Universal Studios Tram when they had the full size King Kong animatronic and of course Jaws.

              A Water Safari where there is menacing wildlife very close to you on the shore, in the water, and in the trees above you.

              Pandora is a hazardous place. It would be awesome if you really felt some danger.

              With it being a nighttime setting I'm confident that the Imagineers can create some incredibly convincing large scale animatronics.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                I love the drops in Pirates, so I vote for those
                Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                  I'm hoping it more like Splash Mountain.

                  Not so much with a huge drop, but some drops, and heavy on the AAs. I do expect it to have newer AA of the likes of Ursula and Ariel, and none of the simple ones from that attraction that are like in IASW. I also hope things are big, that we see it from the point of view of humans, not tall Avatars.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                    I could see it being a lot like the Jungle Cruise. A look at Pandorien wildlife and a deeper look at the Na'vi culture.
                    sigpic

                    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                      A jaw dropping ceiling with intense visuals.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                        Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                        If they are going to recreate night scenes like in movie it makes more sense for it to be indoors in a controlled setting.
                        Agreed. Well thought out response as always Baloo. For one thing, the pitch of the sky would need to be bright at times; dark, foreboding or ominous at other times. The creatures and sounds could be better insallated and projected as well.

                        Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                        They could set up a drop like POTC with the floating mountains. Turn your sttention away with scenary and then you drop from the Hallelujah Mountains to the ground.
                        Wow! Just imagine the sensory experience one would feel during what could be Disney's first surreal big drop streaming down from the floating mounts! Cool idea!

                        Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post
                        I would like to see a cross between the Jungle Cruise and the Universal Studios Tram when they had the full size King Kong animatronic and of course Jaws.

                        A Water Safari where there is menacing wildlife very close to you on the shore, in the water, and in the trees above you.

                        Pandora is a hazardous place. It would be awesome if you really felt some danger.

                        With it being a nighttime setting I'm confident that the Imagineers can create some incredibly convincing large scale animatronics.
                        Huge fantasmagorical creature critters is what I wabt to see too!

                        Originally posted by Mind Tricks View Post
                        I love the drops in Pirates, so I vote for those
                        Gotta have them drops.

                        Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                        I'm hoping it more like Splash Mountain.

                        Not so much with a huge drop, but some drops, and heavy on the AAs. I do expect it to have newer AA of the likes of Ursula and Ariel, and none of the simple ones from that attraction that are like in IASW. I also hope things are big, that we see it from the point of view of humans, not tall Avatars.
                        Penty of drops and humongous AA's should definitely be a part of the land of Pandora. I'd kind of like to see the ride elements as viewd from both humans and the giant AA's

                        Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                        I could see it being a lot like the Jungle Cruise. A look at Pandorien wildlife and a deeper look at the Na'vi culture.
                        Yeah! Adding new wildlife and a deeper cultural look/insight is what I call a ticket to ride! Great ideas!

                        Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                        A jaw dropping ceiling with intense visuals.
                        Indeed. Make that ceiling filled with wonderous sights....eye popping, jaw dropping ones!
                        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-11-2014, 12:07 PM.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post

                          Penty of drops and humongous AA's should definitely be a part of the land of Pandora. I'd kind of like to see the ride elements as viewd from both humans and the giant AA's
                          You know when Jake breaks away from the group, and gets chased until he jumps off the cliff next to the waterfall. That is the one big drop I might expect.

                          Also for excitement I like the up and down drop in darkness that Splash Mountain has and they could do a similar thing. Escape some creatures, of similate running across a giant tree branch that bows in the middle.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                            Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                            They could set up a drop like POTC with the floating mountains. Turn your sttention away with scenary and then you drop from the Hallelujah Mountains to the ground.
                            That'd be pretty awesome.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

                              Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                              You know when Jake breaks away from the group, and gets chased until he jumps off the cliff next to the waterfall. That is the one big drop I might expect.

                              Also for excitement I like the up and down drop in darkness that Splash Mountain has and they could do a similar thing. Escape some creatures, of similate running across a giant tree branch that bows in the middle.
                              A Splash Mountain-like up and down drop (in darkness) would be awesome; as would being chased by creatures during the process.

                              A big drop coordinated to Jack's jump down the waterfall would be in perfect sync with the story and the ride action. I would also like to see those in the ride vehicle to be picked up by a flying creature and soar thru the air.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X