Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Cast Members friendlier than WDW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Cast Members friendlier than WDW?

OK, here's the story. My family went to orlando last year for WDW cuz we havent been since I was an infant. It would be my little brother's first time going and I had just graduated High School. My little brother wore a First time visit and happy birthday button(granted he's 16 was pretty stoked to go) and I wore a just graduated button that I had gotten at Disneyland. Now, back here at Disneyland, I got sooo many "Congratulations!" from cast members. It's a neat feeling. Now at MK when I wore it, not a single cast member wished my little brother "Happy Birthday!" or to me "Congratulations!". Felt like it wasn't well Disney, because at Dland most every cast member wished you happy birthday. Now, here's my theory(I've got alot of them ;-)) Is it becuase WDW cast members are mostly the college programs? Because at Dland, generally see mostly older cast members(mid to late 30's to like 60's). Could it really be that the college students don't care that much or did we have an off day at the Magic Kingdom? Please, I want to hear other opinions about this.

Re: Disneyland Cast Members friendlier than WDW?

I can't comment on the button issue specifically, but went to WDW for 8 days in November last year and didn't have a single unfriendly/non-enthusiastic CM the whole time. Everyone very polite and helpful even with the vast amount more employees than at Disneyland.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I was just there and I'd say it's mixed, just like here at DL. Some of the CP CMs were super enthusiastic, others not so much.
      Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Many CP CMs are very very enthusiastic about the Disney way. I was surprised with the group of CPs I worked with. They always try to keep the guests happy.

Of course, like many places, you have some people who love congratulating and others who just don't want to.

I commend those who do, because if they were to congratulate everyone, it would be very very constant throughout the day... but it's part of the job.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

I have worn wedding hats to WDW, birthday. etc.. plus my son has as well.. We have always been treated wonderfully at WDW..

So no.. I dont think WDW is worse.
          Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
          Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Comment

There is college program at Disneyland as well. I was one of them. Its really just a mixed bag, some are enthusiastic, some are whatever about it. But that goes with the older folks that I worked alongside as well. Many were super friendly, and some of them were grouchy as all heck.

Everytime Ive made the trip to Florida Ive come across good and bad CM's. I thinks its unfair to say one is better than the other.

Comment

Well I guess its kinda wrong of me to judge just wondering if we just ran into a lot of cast members who weren't as Fuhbau said were unenthusiastic. Both parks are great. Buty heart belongs to California and I've never had a bad experience at Disneyland.

Comment

You also have to keep in mind WDW has WAY more employees so your odds of getting a grouchy one is much better.

Comment

Walt Disney World also employs more people that are not of the USA for certain areas of the parks. Our last trip in April 2013 we had mix bag of good, great and not so great CMs.
                  Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
                  ‚Äč

Comment

Even without the buttons, I don't think I've ever encountered a rude CM at WDW. I've seen some less enthusiastic ones, but even they're always polite enough and smile. And I've seen ones who look like they'd rather be elsewhere, but never seen them take it out on any guests.

Comment

There are a lot of college students at both parks. Also, there is more diversity at WDW due to all the different cultures here and a lot more cast members.

I have a feeling you might have gotten an off day. For the past couple of years, I would go to WDW for my birthday and those times I would always wear a pin and a ton of people would always wish me a happy birthday. The first time it was actually over whelming and the second time while it was a lot it wasn't too much for me. It depends on who's working there that day, where you are, and the timing.

Comment

My mother wore her Birthday Button all last week when we went, and she got a ton of birthday wishes (and ice cream!)

Comment

My son also always gets a cupcake in the backlot counter service when he has his button on.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
                            My son also always gets a cupcake in the backlot counter service when he has his button on.
                            I remember when you wore your birthday button at the mission tortilla factory at DCA they'd give you a bag of freshly made tortillas! Loved that! Wish Boudin would give a free loaf though. :-P

Comment

I've actually found the opposite to be true, although I'm not sure why. I think *maybe* it has something to do with the fact that, just like its audience, DL grabs employees from a more local pool, meaning theyre hiring kids who dont necessarily want to work, they just need a job. At WDW, its kind of a hassle to get to work, meaning you've got to really love it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X