Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any WDW resorts you'd LOVE to stay at again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any WDW resorts you'd LOVE to stay at again?

We loved the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Outstanding theming and a nice pool.

I'd like to try Port Orleans
    and (Powerball permitting) the Wilderness Lodge.

• DisneyNerdTom
    replied
    Re: Are there any WDW resorts you'd LOVE to stay at again?

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    from my experience, the lack of disney themeing was a minor downer but the hotel as a whole is in an entirely different league from any disney hotel. it is 5 star through and through with a comparable level of customer service and at a price around 275-300 dollars at night is rediculous value in comparison to the disney options. the perks of staying on site are already minimal as it is outside of staying in the disney magic of course but the waldorf has a step above what other non disney hotels can offer from the perspective that it is technically on property making for very minimal bus times, shorter then many disney busses. and instead of regular commuter busses they have dedicated coaches like the magical express busses that play disney cartoons the whole ride and are on a set schedule so you know exactly when the bus is going to be there to pick you up and drop you off, with MK busses coming every 15 minutes most of the day, epcot and DHS every 30 minutes and ak dtd and the water parks every 45 to an hour roughly throughout the day. you can still book dining in advance get your fastpass +, the whole nine, and even get some awesome discounts if you earn hilton points (for example i got a free round of golf last time i stayed there) I love the feel of staying on property but my experiences at the waldorf have been so phenomenal that its officially been added to the rotation no doubt in my mind.
    That sounds really nice.. We have considered trying Wyndom.. my sister in law loves it and she is a DVC owner.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Didn't you miss the ability to make early reservations at cool WDW restaurants?
    What did you love about the Waldorf?
    C'mon LittleBlueBMW, bring on the vicarious, 5-star thrill ride!
    from my experience, the lack of disney themeing was a minor downer but the hotel as a whole is in an entirely different league from any disney hotel. it is 5 star through and through with a comparable level of customer service and at a price around 275-300 dollars at night is rediculous value in comparison to the disney options. the perks of staying on site are already minimal as it is outside of staying in the disney magic of course but the waldorf has a step above what other non disney hotels can offer from the perspective that it is technically on property making for very minimal bus times, shorter then many disney busses. and instead of regular commuter busses they have dedicated coaches like the magical express busses that play disney cartoons the whole ride and are on a set schedule so you know exactly when the bus is going to be there to pick you up and drop you off, with MK busses coming every 15 minutes most of the day, epcot and DHS every 30 minutes and ak dtd and the water parks every 45 to an hour roughly throughout the day. you can still book dining in advance get your fastpass +, the whole nine, and even get some awesome discounts if you earn hilton points (for example i got a free round of golf last time i stayed there) I love the feel of staying on property but my experiences at the waldorf have been so phenomenal that its officially been added to the rotation no doubt in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• susanm
    replied

NOT AGAIN... would just love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, AK or Poly...but since i like 10+ for park days, i usually stay at value or moderate.... but i love to walk around the other resorts or go just to eat there :clap:

Leave a comment:

• jcruise86
    replied

Originally posted by LittleBlueBMW View Post
    I have stayed at Grand Floridian, Contemp, and polynesian but hands down the best is the Waldorf.
    Didn't you miss the ability to make early reservations at cool WDW restaurants?
    What did you love about the Waldorf?
    C'mon LittleBlueBMW, bring on the vicarious, 5-star thrill ride!

Leave a comment:

• jcruise86
    replied

This thread makes me want to go to Walt Disney World soon. I like visiting the different resort hotels there and as a Disneyland local, they give me resort envy to = my castle envy.

Leave a comment:

• tofubeast
    replied

My fave of the values: Art of Animation (awesome Nemo pool and food court is good). Pop is the 2nd runner up.

Mod: Coronado Springs. I've only also stayed at POFQ. By far, I prefer the theme, pool, and bus transportation of CSR.

Deluxe: I've only rented DVC points, so I am more familiar with the DVC portions of the hotels. I've stayed at BLT, BCV, and SSR. So far my fave in regards to theme and pool has to do go BCV. Though, I actually really liked BLT. The ease of walking to MK and having the monorail so close was awesome. I wasn't a big fan of SSR. I will be staying at AKV Jambo and VWL this year, so I'm excited to check those out. Who knows what will be my favorite after experiencing those resorts.

I'm a big fan of renting. It's a great deal when renting a studio especially. I saw someone asked about where to rent.... I'll will say go a google search for renting DVC points. You will come across two major disney related msg boards site that have boards related to renting. Just do your research and get references.

Leave a comment:

• jcruise86
    replied

Originally posted by Joben View Post
    . . . Then My wife discovered renting DVC points and we stayed at Old Key West. Man I dream about that place I love it so much. and the best part the price of renting DVC points put it at the same cost as a value resort, plus you get a kitchen!!! being able to bring food and eat in your room is another great bonus. we typically only do breakfast and lunch in the rooms. We always drive, and while the two day drive from Saint Louis is no fun, driving to the parks really helps out a lot. we have been back there numerous times and soon we will be forcing ourselves to go to Beach Club over the food and wine time. We have taken time to just tour many resorts but we love Old Key West
    Glad you found affordable happiness! Which company did you rent through?
    I would think this option would be less popular if Disney wouldn't make those renting through a third party part of the MyMagic+ plan.
    Could you make restaurant reservations 6 months in advance?
    Getting a DVC room at Value prices might be better than reservation power for a substantial # of guests.

Leave a comment:

• Joben
    replied

I've camped at Fort Wilderness (in august, easy as a kid-hard as an adult) then one of the value resorts. Then My wife discovered renting DVC points and we stayed at Old Key West. Man I dream about that place I love it so much. and the best part the price of renting DVC points put it at the same cost as a value resort, plus you get a kitchen!!! being able to bring food and eat in your room is another great bonus. we typically only do breakfast and lunch in the rooms. We always drive, and while the two day drive from Saint Louis is no fun, driving to the parks really helps out a lot. we have been back there numerous times and soon we will be forcing ourselves to go to Beach Club over the food and wine time. We have taken time to just tour many resorts but we love Old Key West

Leave a comment:

• Dapper Dan
    replied

I'd live at the Contemporary if they'd let me. I try to ride the buses as little as possible on principle, so I'd be interested in trying one of the Crescent Lake resorts, but then I remember the view you get from the Lagoon side of the Contemporary and keep going back there. Plus, it's got the most history.

Leave a comment:

• hollyray
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    I have never stayed at a value and though I like the price the biggest thing I am scared of is the lines for the buses. I will never forget the line after MK closed one night. We were at AK and had to wait for like 2 buses but the line for POP was INSAINE! It was by far the longest line and I am sure some of those people had to wait for at least 8 buses probably more. I am sure some did not get back to their resort will well over 3 hours after the park closed.
    I guess that would be a downside...but my brother works at WDW and he was vacationing with us so he drove us around so I guess I never paid attention to the bus lines.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Of the resorts where I stayed, I would definitely stay at Coronado Springs again. I loved the location. It seemed like the busses came very quickly to pick up at the resort and to return from the parks. I also like that the lake was relatively circular so it was easy to see any point in the resort from any other (unlike Carribbean Beach which is more of an oblong shape).

This year, though, we are downgrading to a value resort because my 6 year old is really into sports and he was excited about the pictures and videos that we looked at of All-Star Sports. If it weren't for that, we would be back at Coronado Springs.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyNerdTom
    replied

Originally posted by hollyray View Post
    I've only been once and stayed at Pop Century. Had absolutely no problem with it and would stay again, especially because it's so cheap (bro gets 50% off). I wish I went swimming though! But there were never any good times. I thought the buildings were cute and funny and clever. I loved it! Not saying I wouldn't mind staying somewhere else, though.
    I have never stayed at a value and though I like the price the biggest thing I am scared of is the lines for the buses. I will never forget the line after MK closed one night. We were at AK and had to wait for like 2 buses but the line for POP was INSAINE! It was by far the longest line and I am sure some of those people had to wait for at least 8 buses probably more. I am sure some did not get back to their resort will well over 3 hours after the park closed.

Leave a comment:

• hollyray
    replied

I've only been once and stayed at Pop Century. Had absolutely no problem with it and would stay again, especially because it's so cheap (bro gets 50% off). I wish I went swimming though! But there were never any good times. I thought the buildings were cute and funny and clever. I loved it! Not saying I wouldn't mind staying somewhere else, though.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

ive stayed at yacht, beach, GF, contemporary, Caribbean beach, and waldorf. while my favourite hands down is beach club due to the end of discussion best location on the entire property, and amenities primarily, for the price the waldorf no question gives you the most bang for your buck as long as you aren't AS concerned with staying in the disney spirit 24/7.

Leave a comment:

• VintageMouse
    replied

Disney's Polynesian Resort. Lounging on the beach hammocks at night was the highlight of my WDW trip in October 2012. Loved the Polynesian theme and almost hated to leave!

Leave a comment:

• Neon Cactus
    replied

Beach Club and Port Orleans French Quarter are my two favorites.

Leave a comment:

• Poohkat
    replied

When we go we like to stay at Old Key West. We like that you can park your car near by. I should mention we are DVC members.

Leave a comment:

• Vanitas
    replied

We always stay at the Fort Wilderness campground. I've done it since I was about 4, and it's absolutely my favorite thing ever to do.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyNerdTom
    replied

My only suggestion for POR is do not waste your money on the princess rooms.. the price difference for a few pictures that light up is really dumb.. they are well done but the cost is insaine... save your money and go to a really nice meal or get some extra souveniers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X