Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polynesian Resort renovations...kinda sad?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Polynesian Resort renovations...kinda sad?

I remember reading about this a while back, but when my buddy posted this link on his facebook page it got me a little worried.

Say “Aloha” to the Polynesian Resort Lobby, Closes in March 2014 for Renovations | WDW News Today

Granted parts of the resort cold certainly use some updating/improvement, I always liked the lobby of the hotel and am kinda sad to see it go.

Of course, they could very well do an amazing job with the new theming too.
    Thoughts?

Re: Polynesian Resort renovations...kinda sad?

I am sure when it is all said and done it will be worth it.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Comment

This kind of makes me sad. It reminds me of when they took out the arcade/pantry in the Contemporary. I had so many memories in that place, it's sad that I'll never see it again.

Lets hope that what they do in the Polynesian is truly worth it. It's hard to part with the past, but when it's beneficial it's necessary.
      -Tyler

Comment

They could open the room up a lot and still have a major water feature and garden space along one wall without sacrificing 900 square feet to it. I've spent little time in the main lobby, but it is dominated by that garden. Not being able to see across the space may not represent the best in design. They'll have significantly higher occupancy once DVC opens and they probably need as much square footage as they can muster.
        ~ Erik

Comment

Maybe they'll add Iago and Zazu

Comment

Very sad about this because I feel it's going to lose all it's 70's tropical vibe and become very corporatized with plenty of value-engineering in place. Ugh.
            Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

of the resorts on the monorail, I enjoyed this the most. It would be sad to loose the lush lobby. They need to add Trader Sam's

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X