This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News DHS Fantasmic Updated

I was scrolling through #Fantasmic on instagram and stumbled upon video showing that princess barges at DHS Fantasmic now match the Disneyland version, with the LED update! When did this happen?! Anyone know? It wasn't like this in July when I was there.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Re: DHS Fantasmic Updated

Uhh.. link to picture? Maybe looking at a mistagged photo?

Comment

The LED lights were installed last year right around the time Glow with the Show debuted, late October I believe. it was way overdue for an upgrade!
      - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

That would make sense. I left Florida in August! They are literally exactly like Disneyland's now... many years later...

~

Comment

They were identical to DLR's when I was there in Feb...I didn't know they used to be different
          Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

They were the old version before.. so just solid coloured lights, no LED lights. Now they change from the blue look to the individual princess look when that princess is featured... then back to the blue look.

~

Comment

Wow... a big step for Walt Disney World.
              Too bad that the dragon is still a head on a stick.

Comment

ORDDU: That's what my sisters and I say, too, Timmy. It's way past time for Florida to install a more believable looking dragon. When we first read the title for this thread that's what we were hoping to read here. The led lights for the princess floats didn't exactly get us all that excited. But I suppose it's still news.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                  ORDDU: That's what my sisters and I say, too, Timmy. It's way past time for Florida to install a more believable looking dragon. When we first read the title for this thread that's what we were hoping to read here. The led lights for the princess floats didn't exactly get us all that excited. But I suppose it's still news.
                  I think their dragon is okay if you haven't seen Murphy...but that finale boat, really? It couldn't be that much to upgrade it. It doesn't have to be as grand or as big as the Mark Twain, but a little, unadorned tugboat...?

Comment

Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post
                    I think their dragon is okay if you haven't seen Murphy...but that finale boat, really? It couldn't be that much to upgrade it. It doesn't have to be as grand or as big as the Mark Twain, but a little, unadorned tugboat...?
                    The boat has significance.. If you notice it has a black and white mickey as the captain... as in steam boat willie.. it is supposed to be simple because that is what was used in that Mickey Mouse debut short.
                    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
                    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Comment

This is the Princess Belle barge from last week on my first visit to WDW.

Comment

I'm going to have to side with Timmy and The Witches on this one. WDW Fantasmic needs a Murphy. I don't think that'll happen, though. I heard the one at Disneyland broke.

Comment

I know I am in the minority, but having seen both, I perfer DHS dragon to DL's. FYI, I do stronger prefer DL's show overall, but in regard to dragons, yes the head on the stick wins for me. Why? With Murphy, she is all there, HUGE, towering, and a wing span of 5 feet. Ridiculously small wings. But you see it all, nothing left to your imagination, and the biggest lost is the intensely foreboding glowing eyes in the mist that is Bucky's first appearance. The original also has a stage wide wing span, and the mostly black head and impressive wing span allows for your imagination to just run with the idea that all you are seeing is the just the tip of a dragon that is many time larger then the parts you can see. With Murphy, her entire upper body is the staging lighting equivalent of broad daylight.

But yes, the barges at DHS were recently up graded to match that of DL's. For a few months only two of three would appear during the show as one was in the makeover process.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
                            The boat has significance.. If you notice it has a black and white mickey as the captain... as in steam boat willie.. it is supposed to be simple because that is what was used in that Mickey Mouse debut short.
                            Steamboat Willie is also captain in the DLR version, on a steamboat, just a more impressive one. I guess being used to the Mark Twain as a finale just makes anything else seem small and sad.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSmollett View Post
                              I'm going to have to side with Timmy and The Witches on this one. WDW Fantasmic needs a Murphy. I don't think that'll happen, though. I heard the one at Disneyland broke.
                              She's called Murphy for a reason, but she usually works now and was working on Saturday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X