Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Big changes slated for 'The Hub'

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Analyst
    started a topic [Rumor] Big changes slated for 'The Hub'

Big changes slated for 'The Hub'

According to WDWmagic, big changes are coming to The Hub to ease congestion and add more firework viewing... Hopefully I am allowed to post this link:

PHOTOS - Magic Kingdom's hub set for big changes to help traffic flow and provide more fireworks viewing locations

• swampymarsh
    replied
    Re: Big changes slated for 'The Hub'

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
    Thanks Barbaraann!

Do we know if the moat will be drained for that entire period? Through the summer?
    I suspect the whole moat is drained now because they are going work on the east/south and north west sides. Painting the castle and removing the Swan Boat dock. They can section of the moat to have water on one side or the other, but right now that wouldn't work out. They won't be doing both of those projects for ever and I suspect by summer at least part of the moat will be flowing again if not the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• jcman3777
    replied

Thanks Barbaraann!

Do we know if the moat will be drained for that entire period? Through the summer?

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Magic Kingdom Enhancements Include Special Viewing Area, New Pathways, Gardens « Disney Parks Blog

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I read that it would not be complete until sometime in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• jcman3777
    replied

Is there a time frame for the hub completion?

I know it's a big project and WDW has had a track record of taking construction slow. But since they have already started on the expansion, I was wondering how long something like this would take?

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Originally posted by ljlefti View Post
    I don't see the tracks for the horse drawn carriage in the video. Is it possible they are getting rid of the carriages to save money?
    You can see them in the video. Still on the asphalt. But they are white, like ghosted into the drawing.

Leave a comment:

• ljlefti
    replied

I don't see the tracks for the horse drawn carriage in the video. Is it possible they are getting rid of the carriages to save money?

Leave a comment:

• phruby
    replied

So I take it with the new hub design the Swan boats aren't coming back from their long referb.

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

And there with the report of Casey 's Corner getting more seating, it and the Crystal Palace are getting expanded outdoor seating as part of the Plaza expansion.

I wonder if these expanding seating areas are because of losing bench seating in the Plaza, or for preferred FP+ seating or for something like a replacement for the desert parties on the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Looks like it is no longer a rumor:
    MiceChat - Dateline Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World - Major Changes Coming to the Central Hub of the Magic Kingdom

Leave a comment:

• Dapper Dan
    replied

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol besides the sarcastic benefits there is the actual positive that this finally removes the old swan boats loading area. I always feel as though theres a little abandoned area smack in the middle of the park when i walk by it.
    That's what makes it so great. It's one of the most peaceful quiet corners of the park and you don't have to go out of your way to get there.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    On the bright side, one of the 2 waterfront seating areas in the hub will be gone, and the other will no longer be near water. At least there will be more places for people to stand and watch dumb stage shows instead of being able to walk through the castle.
    lol besides the sarcastic benefits there is the actual positive that this finally removes the old swan boats loading area. I always feel as though theres a little abandoned area smack in the middle of the park when i walk by it.

Leave a comment:

• Dapper Dan
    replied

On the bright side, one of the 2 waterfront seating areas in the hub will be gone, and the other will no longer be near water. At least there will be more places for people to stand and watch dumb stage shows instead of being able to walk through the castle.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm pretty certain that the ones closer to the castle will likely conceal the speaker units.
    makes sense, should increase the sound quality for the shows and parades that frequent the area

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

I'm pretty certain that the ones closer to the castle will likely conceal the speaker units.

Leave a comment:

• Great Movie Rider
    replied

Are the new castle towers to conceal something?

Leave a comment:

• danlb_2000
    replied

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I wonder if WDW magic made up their idea off rumors, it's a close but far from close.

My largest concern is the large amount of construction in the hub. Viewing fireworks and the parade is going to be a different experience while they close off parts of the area for work.

That is interesting to me too. I think the stand alone ones close to the bridge look nice now. They follow the banner pattern on the bridge. I think they are stands for light for the night shows. I do wonder if they will blend in more, or stick out worse.

The two Victorian style buildings on the hub itself really seems to be Fantasyland intruding on Main Street when rethemed.
    The image on WDW Magic was based on some leaked blueprints that someone posted on their message board.

Leave a comment:

• Dapper Dan
    replied

Oh boy, fewer trees and lawns. I can't wait. The good thing is it will accommodate more people who don't know that it's actually better to watch the fireworks from the other side of the castle.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied

Here's a photo of the video and the old hub to compare easily.

Old:

Click image for larger version

Name:	oldhub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	7355073

New:

Click image for larger version

Name:	newhub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	7355074