• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AvidTurtleTalker
    MiceChatter
    • Aug 2012

[Question] Already with FOF?

Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom March 10, 2014 - YouTube

As seen in this video, FOF has gotten better in that the anchor on the Peter Pan float now swings (though very slowly) and the 3 good fairies are now on segways to look like they are gliding/flying/floating. However, the spinning components on the princess float aren't moving? Did they malfunction or are they forever going to be shut off?
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
    sigpic
  • CassiefRN
    BadWristPhotography
    • Jun 2012

Re: Already with FOF?

That's really sad about the spinning...only half the crowd gets to see the most sought after princesses, and if I'm correct, it's not the FP+ side!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

• Disney Analyst
      Behind the refurb walls..
      • Apr 2005

The 10th was media day. They wanted Elsa and Ana to face the media, so they turned off the spinning. Yesterday everything was back to normal, and everything was working for every unit.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

• AvidTurtleTalker
        MiceChatter
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
        The 10th was media day. They wanted Elsa and Ana to face the media, so they turned off the spinning. Yesterday everything was back to normal, and everything was working for every unit.
        Thank you for the clarification. The spinning definitely adds to the kinetic energy of the parade
        The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
        sigpic

Comment

• Disney Magic
          • Apr 2006

Can't wait to see this parade in person. But i was wondering if Elsa and Anna were originally planned for the parade or are they a last minute addition since the movie was such a success? If so what was originally going to be in their place. Is the princess and Pinocchio units the exact same floats that were used in Tokyo DL's Jubilation that got shipped over or are they copies.

I wasn't sure what to think when i read the three fairies were on segways now, but I like it! Just wish the kept their dress colors as they should be.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

• flynnibus
            MiceChatter
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
            Can't wait to see this parade in person. But i was wondering if Elsa and Anna were originally planned for the parade or are they a last minute addition since the movie was such a success?
            They were added... there is hinting they may get an expanded presence in the future...
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

• CassiefRN
              BadWristPhotography
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
              They were added... there is hinting they may get an expanded presence in the future...
              I heard they took Aurora's spot on the float
              Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

• DFL86
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                If this does happen are we talking weeks? months? years? I have been hearing Frozen music may get added.. but I don't know if they would add music to the Princess Garden unit loop for now, then later on add a separate Frozen loop for their own float?

Comment

• tcsnwhite
                  Creative Director
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                  Can't wait to see this parade in person. But i was wondering if Elsa and Anna were originally planned for the parade or are they a last minute addition since the movie was such a success? If so what was originally going to be in their place. Is the princess and Pinocchio units the exact same floats that were used in Tokyo DL's Jubilation that got shipped over or are they copies.

I wasn't sure what to think when i read the three fairies were on segways now, but I like it! Just wish the kept their dress colors as they should be.
                  This parade was originally conceived and designed 2 years ago...long before Frozen was released and they had any idea how it was going to be received by the public. By the time Frozen was shown to be the massive hit it is, it was too late in the design process (and according to some, they were already over-budget).
                  So yes, it was a last minute addition.
                  Originally, Aurora was to be at the end of that Princess Garden Unit (just as she was when this float was in TDL's Jubilation! Parade. And if you listen to the music loop for that opening unit, "Once Upon A Dream" is the third song represented there (after BATB and ADIAWYHM).

Yes, the opening "Princess Garden" unit and the Finale "Bubbles/Storybook Circus" unit are both directly from TDL's Jubilation!.

As for the Three Good Fairies, they are meant to be a more stylized representation ... as parades/shows aren't always meant to be a direct lift from the film. It depends on the production itself. And though stylized, their color palettes are actually quite close to the film (as in certain scenes, depending on the lighting of the scene, the fairies fabric colors have that variation).

Comment

• Disney Magic
                    • Apr 2006

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I hadn't notice the soundtrack for the princess unit played once upon a dream, thanks for pointing that out. Don't hear any princess and the Frog soundtrack either. (The screams and cheering from the crowds in the video forced me to turn down the volume)

I understand what you mean about the stylized costuming for parades and I think the design is great. I just prefer they kept the colors more in line with the film, even if they used multiple shades of color on each fairy. One fairy is wearing purple and which neither of them wore while the other two are wearing combos of the three appropriate colors. Granted most people probably don't know which fairy is which or what their names even are...It's just a minor criticism (one of few of this parade)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X