• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swampymarsh
    replied
    Re: What to do with Princess Meet & Greets

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    I am back from my first trip to WDW. I have been playing on the Disneyland property before Walt Disney. Princesses are much more accesable in Disneyland. There can be a Belle and an Ariel at the entrance at the same time they are at the Fantasy Faire (Magic). The lines for the formal Royal Hall meeting with three princesess (Actually two sets of three) is usually not more the 30 minutes, and often less than 15. If you want to meet Belle she is out when the Tangeld Show is in progress, and Rapunzel and Flynn are out when the Beauty show is going on. Belle and Repunzel also come out after their first two shows and meet the audiance members. Characters are not glued to one spot and often wonder about on their own and interface with other characters. I have spotted three Snow Whites within 15 minutes. The "Big Five", Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald are outside in Town Square all day.

Frozen characters meet and greet is open less hours, but they take fewer and shorter brakes. Currently the line is 90-120 minutes. And, you have a talking Olaf on the roof to keep you entertained while you wait. At EPCOT on Presidents day the wait was 5+ hours !

WDW needs to expand the access to Princesses, and the number out in the parks to make it easier (Like DLR) to meet them.

I think the only pro for WDW, is they have more unique characters out on any given day.

The problem is you have to go to every park and a few hotels if you wanted to catch a glimpse of all those different characters.

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    My wife had an interesting question when I brought this up to her. Why doesn't Cinderella greet guests inside that giant freaking castle of her's?
    She does, if you eat in her dining room.

Leave a comment:

• Dapper Dan
    replied

My wife had an interesting question when I brought this up to her. Why doesn't Cinderella greet guests inside that giant freaking castle of her's?

Leave a comment:

• Witches of Morva
    replied

ORDDU: Yes, my sisters and I just heard the official announcement about Elsa and Anna today, while at the Magic Kingdom. But we agree that--in some ways--Disneyland does a better job with their meetings and greetings of characters. The only thing we DON'T like about what Disneyland does is when they don't let you know which character you're going to be meeting ahead of time. The former Princess Fantasy Faire that used to be near Toon Town is an example. You might get in line for one character only to be disappointed when they weren't there after all. You just never knew for certain who you'd be meeting. From what cast members told us, then, there were plenty of complaints about this.

Leave a comment:

• CassiefRN
    replied

FP+ booking is also available from April 20th on

Leave a comment:

• Hatter
    replied

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Anna and Elsa from ‘Frozen’ Heading to Magic Kingdom Park

posted on March 14th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We’re excited to share that Anna and Elsa, from Disney’s Academy Award-winning film “Frozen,” will soon move from Epcot to Magic Kingdom Park. Starting April 20, they’ll join some of their fellow Disney Royals at Princess Fairytale Hall, where Disney FastPass+ service will be available for this character greeting experience.

Elsa and Anna will appear together each day until the early evening, after which other visiting Disney Princesses will be available to greet guests. Cinderella and Rapunzel will also continue making appearances at Princess Fairytale Hall, and of course, you can see all these favorite characters and more during daily performances of the new “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!”
    I think this is so stupid, They really should have had Anna and Elsa stay in EPCOT and expanded them to the Magic Kingdom, if they were pulling in 6 hour waits, it obvious that there is a high enough demand for them to be meeting in two places. As Disneyland 1951 stated, It is much easier to find royalty at the Disneyland Resort, without paying for expensive dinners and lunches (although its still an option) and I think that is what keeps disneyland's Frozen Royal Reception's lines below the 2 hour mark most of the time, there are so many other princesses you can meet! Great job TDO, Its not like you should learn anything from your sister park in Anaheim or anything

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Anna and Elsa from ‘Frozen’ Heading to Magic Kingdom Park

posted on March 14th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We’re excited to share that Anna and Elsa, from Disney’s Academy Award-winning film “Frozen,” will soon move from Epcot to Magic Kingdom Park. Starting April 20, they’ll join some of their fellow Disney Royals at Princess Fairytale Hall, where Disney FastPass+ service will be available for this character greeting experience.

Elsa and Anna will appear together each day until the early evening, after which other visiting Disney Princesses will be available to greet guests. Cinderella and Rapunzel will also continue making appearances at Princess Fairytale Hall, and of course, you can see all these favorite characters and more during daily performances of the new “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!”

Leave a comment:

• danlb_2000
    replied

There was a permit filed the other day for the Fairies in the Town Square Theatre so it appears that's who's going in there. It would have been nice to do a Snow White M&G at the mine ride, but there is no evidence that there is enough space for that.

MK Town Square Expo Hall Fairies M&G - BVCC

Leave a comment:

• CassiefRN
    replied

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Unless it would be Aurora. But if Anna and Elsa share the same spot, it really shouldn't mean that two other princesses would have to be evicted--just one.
    She's probably the one to get the boot, she did off the parade float! I'm guessing the sisters will meet together, but I could be wrong. It would be sad to split them, even just across the room. People want picture of them together, and it really makes sense...

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland 1951
    replied

I am back from my first trip to WDW. I have been playing on the Disneyland property before Walt Disney. Princesses are much more accesable in Disneyland. There can be a Belle and an Ariel at the entrance at the same time they are at the Fantasy Faire (Magic). The lines for the formal Royal Hall meeting with three princesess (Actually two sets of three) is usually not more the 30 minutes, and often less than 15. If you want to meet Belle she is out when the Tangeld Show is in progress, and Rapunzel and Flynn are out when the Beauty show is going on. Belle and Repunzel also come out after their first two shows and meet the audiance members. Characters are not glued to one spot and often wonder about on their own and interface with other characters. I have spotted three Snow Whites within 15 minutes. The "Big Five", Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald are outside in Town Square all day.

Frozen characters meet and greet is open less hours, but they take fewer and shorter brakes. Currently the line is 90-120 minutes. And, you have a talking Olaf on the roof to keep you entertained while you wait. At EPCOT on Presidents day the wait was 5+ hours !

WDW needs to expand the access to Princesses, and the number out in the parks to make it easier (Like DLR) to meet them.
    Examples:

Even Princess Jasmine has played Musical Chairs With Hatter, Alice, and Kids at the Coke Corner.

Leave a comment:

• Witches of Morva
    replied

ORWEN: Unless it would be Aurora. But if Anna and Elsa share the same spot, it really shouldn't mean that two other princesses would have to be evicted--just one.

Leave a comment:

• CassiefRN
    replied

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: You all have some good suggestions, here, but I don't think they planned for Snow White to have any sort of indoor meet and greet near the dwarf coaster. They really should have, though. Perhaps it's not too late to create one.
    They should! That way no one would get bumped from the park

Leave a comment:

• CassiefRN
    replied

It's currently Rapunzel and a visiting princess and Cinderella and a different visiting princess. Rumor has it the frozen sisters will take over one side, push Cinderella over with Rapunzel, and have a visiting princess with them. On the park calendar yesterday it showed under April 20th and on the above arraignments, however I just checked now and it's back to Rapunzel+1 and no other ones.

Leave a comment:

• Witches of Morva
    replied

ORDDU: You all have some good suggestions, here, but I don't think they planned for Snow White to have any sort of indoor meet and greet near the dwarf coaster. They really should have, though. Perhaps it's not too late to create one.

Leave a comment:

• DisCollector
    replied

I have a feeling Dapper Dan is right. EPCOT is not really known for having a lot for the little kiddies. So, naturally if there is going to be meets and greets for such popular characters, of course it's going to be out the door and a mile long.

I think they need to create a space at the Snow White ride and have Elsa and Anna able to be inside Fairytale Hall. They are royalty too. Since they don't have an attraction, or really another place they would seem more fit in MK, I think it seems reasonable they'd be able to go there, and another Princess can go to another location.

Also, I don't know how Fairytale Hall really works, but the last time I was there I saw them advertising for only two Princesses at the time. Why can't they just keep switching Princesses? I mean, is it really necessary that one, or two Princesses having to be moved to another location to meet and greet period?

Leave a comment:

• Dapper Dan
    replied

I think part of the reason it's so popular at Epcot is because there is very little else for young guests to do there. It's the same reason a mediocre attraction like Soarin' has 2 hour waits all day. If you aren't tall enough for Test Track and Mission: SPACE or just don't like thrill rides your options are extremely limited.

Simple Solution: Stop having Anna and Elsa meet and greets. That way there won't be any lines for it at all.

Think this idea is insane? It's exactly what Walt Disney World did with a very popular menu item at the Tomorrowland Terrace a few years back when they couldn't meet up with the high demand for it. That food so people were actually paying for it and they still cut it instead of expanding it to meet demand. Meet and Greets are free so the cost/benefit analysis is clear that cutting it is by far the cheaper way to go unless there's some verifiable evidence that people are coming to the park just to meet these two characters.

Alternatively, Snow White can meet people by the mine once that is finished, and Rapunsel can use her hair to dry people's hands when they come out of her restroom. That should free up some space.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

move snow white to her own area by the new attraction like they did with little mermaid

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Larry: Disneyland prepared for this.

Moe: WDW is scrambling again.

Curly: I think they will stay in Epcot and be shoved into MK.

Leave a comment:

• What to do with Princess Meet & Greets

ORWEN: Hello ducklings! Just got word from a cast member friend of ours who said that park management is still reacting to the over-whelming success of FROZEN. Now they're scrambling around to see what they can do to accommodate the demand for a better place for meetings and greetings with Anna and Elsa.

ORDDU: The two girls have been meeting and greeting over at Epcot ever since their movie first came out. But the space there doesn't meet the current need when you consider the wait time has gone up to 5 hours.

ORWEN: So now management is thinking seriously about moving Anna and Elsa to the Magic Kingdom, where they would meet and greet inside the Fairytale Hall. But that would mean at least one princess who already meets and greets there would have to be relocated.

ORDDU: They want to keep Rapunzel and Cinderella inside Fairytale Hall. But they aren't sure what to do with Snow White or Aurora if Anna and Elsa move in.

ORWEN: I don't know why they couldn't go back to Town Square inside Exposition Hall for the over-flow meet and greets. I mean, that's where the princesses were before. Maybe Aurora and Snow White could meet there again. Or they could even have Anna and Elsa be the one's who meet inside Exposition Hall.

ORDDU: Either way, it's interesting to see all the chaos that FROZEN has managed to create in the wake of its popularity!

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X