Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For which excellent rides&shows R FPs LEAST necessary?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For which excellent rides&shows R FPs LEAST necessary?

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

Attractions I'm eager to FP:
    The Kilimanjaro Safari, Everest, and--if they have a special seating section, and I hope they don't--The Festival of the Lion King.

Toy Story Midway Mania, just because we can't FP it at Disneyland and it's always fun.

The Haunted Mansion because it's my all-time favorite. But we also might visit it first thing in the day without a FP because I liked the statues displayed for those in line.

Big Thunder at night,
    and if we visit the MK on three days, possibly in the day too. How has this attraction been kept up? Disneyland seemed to let it decline for years before its recent re-opening.

And we might FP the Jungle Cruise and the other three mountains in the MK.

Is that Beauty and the MK's new Beauty (& the Beast?) meet & greet show actually cool, even for a family not into princesses?
    in the new theatre they are building there almost certainly will be special seating for lion king. I would rather walk through the interactive queue for haunted mansion but thats just me. if you want to save time you can skip that part of the line which serves as its own mini fastpass right there. big thunder late at night is usually pretty easy to get on as most of the young families have taken off by then. also its been kept up pretty well as it recently had a refurbishment with interactive elements added. the beauty and the beast show is ok, good if you have some free time.

Comment

Re: 3 Questions:

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
      I just made my FP+ selections the other day. tower of terror and star tours are in the second group while midway mania, aerosmith coaster, beauty and the beast live and fantasmic seating are in group 1
      Wow... how TOT is considered a 2nd tier ride is beyond me... but its good to know you can get both RARC and TOT as fast passes.
      Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
      Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Comment

Re: 3 Questions:

Originally posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
        Wow... how TOT is considered a 2nd tier ride is beyond me... but its good to know you can get both RARC and TOT as fast passes.
        its not considered a second tier ride. the tier system is not about the quality of the attraction but of separating attractions so everyone gets a chance at a big time fastpass. if they put all of the good attractions in one group that would just make people angry because they could only go on one of their favourite attractions without waiting in a line. same goes for epcot.

Comment

Tears for tiers

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
          It's not considered a second tier ride. The tier system is not about the quality of the attraction, but of separating attractions so everyone gets a chance at a big time fastpass. If they put all of the good attractions in one group that would just make people angry because they could only go on one of their favourite attractions without waiting in a line. Same goes for epcot.
          I'm confused. Does that mean that I could get FPs for both Soarin' and Test Track for the same day?
          I thought the point of the tiers was so that guests could only get one of the very best and most popular E ticket attractions per day, and that the other two were consolation FPs, sometimes to attractions that didn't have FPs before MyMagic+ because they weren't popular enough.

Comment

Re: Tears for tiers

I'm confused. Does that mean that I could get FPs for both Soarin' and Test Track for the same day?
            I thought the point of the tiers was so that guests could only get one of the very best and most popular E ticket attractions per day, and that the other two were consolation FPs, sometimes to attractions that didn't have FPs before MyMagic+ because they weren't popular enough.

Test Track and Sorin is in the same tier but Mission Space is not.. you can get one of the first 2 and Mission.

Comment

2 more questions

Test Track and Sorin is in the same tier but Mission Space is not.. you can get one of the first 2 and Mission.
              Thanks, DNT!

Two questions for any helpful person:
              1. Would someone please post a link to these tiers?
              I wonder how much they'll change over the next few years.
              That brings up an off-topic question:
              2. How much have the early entry days at WDW parks changed over the last few years? I ask because I wonder how reliably one can make park restaurant and Fastpass reservations months in advance with the expectation that a park will or won't be open early and be more or less crowded on certain days of the week.

Comment

Re: 2 more questions

Thanks, DNT!

Two questions for any helpful person:
                1. Would someone please post a link to these tiers?
                I wonder how much they'll change over the next few years.
                That brings up an off-topic question:
                2. How much have the early entry days at WDW parks changed over the last few years? I ask because I wonder how reliably one can make park restaurant and Fastpass reservations months in advance with the expectation that a park will or won't be open early and be more or less crowded on certain days of the week.

Here is a good link I found that should help.
                Disney World FastPass+ Overview, Tips, and Advice | Walt Disney World

Part 2.. you talking about extra magic hours? They still exist but it would not be smart to use your FP selections in the morning as the crowd will be much lighter.

You can use FP times for evening though I found out..

Comment

Here is a good link I found that should help.
                  Disney World FastPass+ Overview, Tips, and Advice | Walt Disney World

. . . it would not be smart to use your FP selections in the morning as the crowd will be much lighter . . .
                  Thank you for the link!

I avoid parks on days they have extra hours. As a Californian, it's three hours earlier for us, and I like parks that are less crowded as the day goes on. I don't park hop at WDW, especially with this new FP system.

I'd only get FPs under this new system in the afternoon and evening when the parks are more crowded.

Comment

Thank you for the link!

I avoid parks on days they have extra hours. As a Californian, it's three hours earlier for us, and I like parks that are less crowded as the day goes on. I don't park hop at WDW, especially with this new FP system.

I'd only get FPs under this new system in the afternoon and evening when the parks are more crowded.
                    this and usually the park with extra morning hours is the one to avoid as that is where everyone staying on resort heads. extra night hours are usually the better deal as many people decide not to stay out late, particularly the young families. personally i prefer earlier FP's on the grounds that I can ride the attractions i want and then get an additional ride on them shortly after, but to each their own.

Comment

Working...
                    X