X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large fish tank cracks open at Disney restaurant

Large fish tank cracks open at Disney restaurant:
    Must-see: Large fish tank cracks open at Disney restaurant | www.wftv.com

Several guests were enjoying dinner when a large fish tank broke at the T-REX Cafe at Downtown Disney on Monday evening.
    One of the guests was able to capture cellphone video of some of the incident.
    The large cylinder-shaped aquarium appeared to have cracked open down the side, causing water to gush out into the restaurant.

• flynnibus
    replied
    Re: Large fish tank cracks open at Disney restaurant

Originally posted by HunterRose13 View Post
    A well designed display aquarium like that will have enough space at the bottom to accommodate enough water for the fish to survive should a failure like this occur
    When you have a vertical seams that run the height of the aquarium.. you can't make those kinds of choices.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

At least it wasn't the Coral Reef Restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• HunterRose13
    replied

A well designed display aquarium like that will have enough space at the bottom to accommodate enough water for the fish to survive should a failure like this occur. I have seen cracks appear in much larger aquariums and to say it was a little nerve racking would be an understatement. I never saw a failure though.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

lol mission impossible anyone?

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Yeah all the fish were saved, which is good.

And tanks like that can crack any time, anywhere. it was just a freak accident.

From what I heard, the restaurant staff handled the whole situation well from the get-go. They comped a LOT of meals.

Kind of feel bad for the guests who got soaked but at the same time it's kind of funny and makes for a great story to tell.

Leave a comment:

• DisCollector
    replied

From what I heard everyone was fine and that they were able to save the fishes supposedly. So, that's good! However, I wonder why it exactly happened. Of course, we know it cracked on the side, but tanks can just give like that sometimes? I just went to the T-Rex two days ago and sat in the exact same spot. Freaky.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X