Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

    Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    But here is no agreement because we are being told the matter is unimportant. If it is unimportant than there is no impact on the experience of the entry.
    fair enough, I'm just saying the general consensus is that they are an issue, no doubt. when you look at the problems regarding epcot as a whole though the leave a legacy stones pale in comparison to the imagination pavilion and other issues can we agree there?

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

      Originally posted by maddogjoe View Post
      I don't care either.

      I don't care whether they are there or not.....oh and they are NOT "Memorials" they are "Legacy Etchings" Kinda like souvenirs, not like tomb stones.... when I enter EPCOT, I barely see them as my attention is on getting through the gates, staring in wonder at that big beautiful geosphere and the building anticipation of once again getting to ride on "SpaceShip Earth".

      If your wasting your time and energy wondering why they are STILL there, or hoping and praying that they will be removed soon, I feel sorry that someone else's joy bothers you so much.

      Relax, and enjoy your visit!
      I thought they were memorials for all the mutants that died from the Legacy Virus.
      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

        Originally posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
        I never said I wanted them there. I just said they don't bother me as much as it seems they do others. I think the people that paid money to have their picture there deserve to have what they paid for.
        I know if I was one that paid and they were moved I would have felt cheated.
        Changing the design has absolutely nothing to with maintaing the purchased tiles.

        Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
        fair enough, I'm just saying the general consensus is that they are an issue, no doubt. when you look at the problems regarding epcot as a whole though the leave a legacy stones pale in comparison to the imagination pavilion and other issues can we agree there?
        Why does it matter if there are worst design decisions?

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

          Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          Why does it matter if there are worst design decisions?
          this is about more then design issues. the point i'm attempting to make here is that issues with design and what basically amounts to removing some sculptures are something that i totally agree would improve the park's entrance exponentially, but pale in comparison to other problems at epcot particularily the need to update and replace several attractions and pavilions. I'm agreeing with the fact that this is a significant issue, but at the same time if I had to write a list ranked in order of how important the issue is to address, I would be putting several things ahead of removing leave a legacy, most importantly a new imagination attraction/3d show/imageworks/basically a whole new pavilion, among several other obvious projects. perhaps thats more of an indictment of the current state of Epcot then anything else.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

            Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post

            So why are you so intent on telling people you do not care and they should not care? Some of us are interested in discussing design. There are entire magazines, books, essays, theses, films, etc. on the subject. Is there entire art and architecture portion of the book store sad and pathetic?
            Im intent on posting my opinion just as many others have. Just because mine doesn't match yours shouldn't really create this animosity you seem to feel for those of us who don't have a problem with the monoliths.

            Personally, I think in 1999 there was a lot of unrest and worry over possible issues with the coming of Y2K. Do a search for top news stories for 1999 and one of those listed is this...

            "The world awaits the consequences of the Y2K Bug, with more drastic millennial theorists warning of Armageddon"

            What better way to protect the wide open entrance to a park where millions go each day than blocking it with huge granite monoliths?

            Artistically they look to be large sections of the Earth that were unsettled when the geosphere erupted from the ground. But I have an imagination, many don't.

            Again, it's only a small part of the experience of visiting the park, a larger one for those friends and families that did purchase one of the plaques.

            Yes there are little "cult" followings that seem to latch on to these "issues", like the wand at EPCOT, Mickeys Sorcerers hat at Studios and so on. But basing these things on the relatively small sampling is silly. If you took a poll for a full year of the millions of people that attend EPCOT what they though of the Legacy Monoliths I'm sure you would find only a very small percentage would have a negative view of them.

            As posted a number of times in this thread there are many other things I'd rather see Disney spend time and money on than move the Legacy Monoliths.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

              Originally posted by maddogjoe View Post
              Im intent on posting my opinion just as many others have. Just because mine doesn't match yours shouldn't really create this animosity you seem to feel for those of us who don't have a problem with the monoliths.

              Personally, I think in 1999 there was a lot of unrest and worry over possible issues with the coming of Y2K. Do a search for top news stories for 1999 and one of those listed is this...

              "The world awaits the consequences of the Y2K Bug, with more drastic millennial theorists warning of Armageddon"

              What better way to protect the wide open entrance to a park where millions go each day than blocking it with huge granite monoliths?

              Artistically they look to be large sections of the Earth that were unsettled when the geosphere erupted from the ground. But I have an imagination, many don't.

              Again, it's only a small part of the experience of visiting the park, a larger one for those friends and families that did purchase one of the plaques.

              Yes there are little "cult" followings that seem to latch on to these "issues", like the wand at EPCOT, Mickeys Sorcerers hat at Studios and so on. But basing these things on the relatively small sampling is silly. If you took a poll for a full year of the millions of people that attend EPCOT what they though of the Legacy Monoliths I'm sure you would find only a very small percentage would have a negative view of them.

              As posted a number of times in this thread there are many other things I'd rather see Disney spend time and money on than move the Legacy Monoliths.
              Well said.

              Comment

              Working...
              X