This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News It's official! Disney is modifying Fastpass +

The Disney Parks Blog made the official announcement today.

MyMagic+ Adding Even More Magic to FastPass+ « Disney Parks Blog

The changes are effective next week.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Re: It's official! Disney is modifying Fastpass +

Oh weird, they're doing exactly what they said they were going to do, regardless of how many angry fanboys were convinced that three passes was the end-all and wrote the entire system off as a failure when, even with this news, we still haven't seen its final form. Ranting aside, this is pleasant news and I'm happy that I will get to try it out soon. Even though the blog post says you have to make your additional choices from the kiosks, give it time and I'm sure they'll have the option available on the app as well.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
      Even though the blog post says you have to make your additional choices from the kiosks, give it time and I'm sure they'll have the option available on the app as well.
      I wouldn’t be surprised if additional choices made from the app were available next week as well. It just depends on how hard it is for them to upgrade the app with the same functionality as the kiosks. It would be interesting to see the result if anyone actually tries it. I’ll be there the second week of June, so hopefully if the app isn’t upgraded next week, it will be by then.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

yes! I'm there on wednesday so I will officially be one of the first to test it out! will get back to you guys with how the new changes work. the only question I have, like many people off of the main article, is if those additional fast pass selections can be made through the app and not just the kiosks? if you have to line up for your additional fastpass at the slow moving, packed kiosks and then have to line up for the attraction after wards in the fastpass section it would kind of nullify the usefulness of extra passes.

Comment

I wonder if the forced use of kiosks will be a deterrent for some people using more than 3. That could let FP slow down later in the day and standby lines to move quicker.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Thank you for the good news & link, Calsig31!

Comment

My only problem/question I have about this is what about the people whose third FP+ choice is a nighttime fireworks show? It says you can get additional passes when your first three are used up, but if you have a fireworks show, your third pass won't be gone until around park closing time.

Click the banner! ^^^^
              Follow us on Twitter

Comment

My only problem/question I have about this is what about the people whose third FP+ choice is a nighttime fireworks show? It says you can get additional passes when your first three are used up, but if you have a fireworks show, your third pass won't be gone until around park closing time.
                :smart:
                And that, Pizzapants, is why I read Micechat. Now (thanks to your thinking--seriously) I know that until the system changes again, that I should get our 3 FPs for earlier in the day.

Let's face it, some of us who are obsessed with Disney parks are like accountants or tax attorneys in that if the system is more complicated, the better off we'll be, with a huge advantage over less informed guests. We Micechatters will clearly understand and describe the latest rules, so the more complicated the system the better. Bwah, ha, ha, ha, haaaaa! As a middle-class guest with three graduate degrees, I do like having the ability to get FPs linked to knowledge rather than just spending more money.

Though if were Iger,
                the MyMagic+/MagicBand $$$$$ would have been spent on
                a system of WDW bike paths/bridges/rain shelters & rental points,
                a Star Wars land at the WDW studios,
                three fun little rides connecting three of the moderate resorts to the one park that each is close to,
                and one or two new EPCOT World Showcase countries (with major sponsors as future partners in new overseas Disneylands.)
                Last edited by jcruise86; 04-25-2014, 07:57 AM. Reason: rain shelters

Comment

^ this doesn't matter though if its too inconvenient or a similar wait for extra fastpasses to be worthwhile....

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                    :smart:

Though if were Iger,
                    the MyMagic+/MagicBand $$$$$ would have been spent on
                    a system of WDW bike paths/bridges/rain shelters & rental points,
                    a Star Wars land at the WDW studios,
                    three fun little rides connecting three of the moderate resorts to the one park that each is close to,
                    and one or two new EPCOT World Showcase countries (with major sponsors as future partners in new overseas Disneylands.)
                    haha! Shhhhhh we don't talk about what could've been here! THEY will hear you and come looking for you!

Click the banner! ^^^^
                    Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                      ^ this doesn't matter though if its too inconvenient or a similar wait for extra fastpasses to be worthwhile....
                      I'm not questioning your opinion, I just...what do you mean? Expand on this.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter

Comment

I'm not questioning your opinion, I just...what do you mean? Expand on this.
                        lol I guess I'm more tired then I thought, I'll elaborate. I meant for example if I have to wait in one of those long lines at the fastpass + kiosks to secure my additional fastpass and then head over to the attraction and wait in that fastpass line afterwards it defeats the purpose of obtaining the pass in the first place. at that point I might as well wait in the standby line as the difference in wait time would be negligible and at least with stand by I can get in line right now and experience the full queue, your not even guaranteed a pass on the attraction you want once you get up there let alone know what return time you are going to get.

Comment

I like the idea.

It includes the MyMagic and also is similar to the old way of fastpass in which you just went and got a fastpass after you were done with it.

I think this is a good mix of the two. Hopefully you all agree because I think they really nailed it on this one.

Comment

~ Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Olson View Post

It sounds as though the horror, despondence and outrage surrounding the roll-out of FP+ was a bit premature. The program is only a few months old in the four parks and already FP+2.0 resolves many of the complaints levied against the system.
                              Ha! that's only because people don't understand the meaning of "testing." I'm sure we STILL haven't seen the final product.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                              Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X