X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seven Dwarfs Ride Through

^ This.

They've been working on an interstate interchange near Charlotte for over three years that has made my commute pretty miserable. And they don't cover up their work behind fancy walls or try to otherwise "plus" my workaday drive to make it any more enjoyable. Nope, they have many hundreds of people working on it day and night and don't think twice about closing lanes or dropping construction materials in the roadway.

When I think about Dwarfs, I am intrigued at how they undertook such an intensive project on what amounts to be an island, smack dab in the center of a bustling tourist destination. Aside from the constant forum agonizing over their schedule and speculation over what would come of all of it, I haven't seen any material from Disney that overstated what the project was going to deliver.

That they kept so much of the park functional during construction is remarkable, really.
    ~ Erik

Comment

I am hoping to ride the ride during my trip, and of course, I will be standing there forever and ever taking as many pictures as I can from all angles. My grandson's mom is a big fan of Grumpy. She'd definitely want to ride the ride. Kiddie Coaster, or not.

As for the construction walls. I don't like them, but I certainly understand the need for them. It's certainly better than having the place shut down until it's all finished. Imagine how much money they would lose by doing things that way.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
        Cute, but doesn't live up to the hype or to the construction schedule.

And to anyone who says this wasn't mega-hyped by Disney, all I can say is that they must have been living in caves themselves for the past year or so.
        I personally felt that New Fantasyland as a whole was pretty over-hyped for what it was.

On a related note, the interactive queue seems pretty cool. I kinda like better than Haunted Mansion's.

Comment

I'm finding it kinda perplexing that anyone could get overhyped when I thought they did a very good job explaining exactly what this ride would be at the time it was announced. I even remember from all the way back when it was announced everyone complaining that this wouldn't be a Potter Swatter or whatever and I figured after a while everyone sort of accepted the reality of what this was. I think it's honestly a very impressive ride for the scope they were going for and that it's story fits with the setting and timing they wanted it to take place in.

The fandom is really upset probably from lack of development and I suppose I get it. The thing is if your going to remain and exclusive Disney nerd you will have to suck it up or be dissapointed at least for the forseeable future. Disney CAN best Universal but they're not terribly interested in it for whatever reason. I love Disney parks and my memories in them but I've personally kinda burnt out on them as of late and will take a hiatus until I think there's enough new things to warrent another extended visit which with the ever increasing prices is the only way I can economically visit ANY disney resort now.

If your looking for big splashy new rides Universal is were it's at. They're the ones with the passion and funding for it and if you don't like what they're serving then I guess you'll have to resign yourself to waiting ten years or however else or simply being happy with whatever small thing your given. I really like all these updates and improvements they're making for the parks now. I do wish there was more but if they keep this pace I'll have an excellent trip sometime in the future I think.
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
            On a related note, the interactive queue seems pretty cool. I kinda like better than Haunted Mansion's.
            My favorite part is the musical fountain. I love it! Something both adults and kids can enjoy and it just has a lovely old school Disney feel to it.

Comment

grrr seeing this makes me pretty mad at their construction time table. was there on may 2nd and of course had to ask if they were doing any ride previews, tests or small openings to which i was simply given the it will be open end of may by one of the copious cast members at the front of the attraction. came back 20 minutes later and there are people on the ride...... my one bad cast member experience of the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                came back 20 minutes later and there are people on the ride...... my one bad cast member experience of the trip.
                The ride has yet to be open to any guests. The May 2-4th was a WDW media event - not soft openings. And this week they are starting CM previews.

The CM didn't lie to you or mislead you - as a guest you did not have any chance of riding, nor have you yet.

Comment

This attraction fills the void of MK not having a Matterhorn to a point.

Hopefully a smoother ride. There are nice visual sight lines of the attraction all around Fantasyland. Nice details all around, yes a second dark scene would have made this a super duper go to attraction. It's not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                    Cute, but doesn't live up to the hype or to the construction schedule.

And to anyone who says this wasn't mega-hyped by Disney, all I can say is that they must have been living in caves themselves for the past year or so.
                    I would disagree with your idea of hype. The coaster looks to be exactly what Disney said and every post that I saw described it as: A family coaster with a dark ride section. I never saw anything that make me think that it was going to be anything more than that.

As for construction schedule, these things always seem to take longer than you would think.
                    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

After seeing bits and pieces sticking out behind construction walls on my last two years of visits, I am excited actually to finally be able to ride it on my November trip.

Comment

The coaster/dark ride is executed cohesively with pure magic - something interesting to view throughout the ride. This causes it to seem even more lengthy than it actually is - leastwise in my opinion.

Don't think it would have hurt Disney, though, to have made Casey Jr an actual operating train, travelling thru the original Snow White's Scary Adventures dark ride, while guests enjoy getting splashed and soaked along the way. )
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

First off, kudos to Disney for taking a classic DISNEY movie and proving that even though it was the first full length animated feature they did, it is still worthy of building an attraction for.
                          Personally I think it's cute. Just enough coaster, but also devotes itself to AA features, as well.
                          When I first watched the video I thought it seemed a little anticlimactic as well...with the witch and all. But in watching it again, I think it's fine. It sort of leaves you with that 'you all know what happens next...' feeling. And I think that's okay. I look forward to checking it out.

Comment

ORWEN: It's a fun ride. Us cauldron girls rode it the other day. My only complaint is that the windows to the cottage are fogged over to the point where you can't get a good enough view of Snow White dancing with the dwarves at the end. Don't know why they didn't make each pane of glass clear enough to see through each one.

ORDDU: Our expectations for this weren't all that high to begin with so we weren't as disappointed as some others were.

ORWEN: I still prefer the original dark ride over this, myself, but then I'm not much of a roller coaster buff.

ORGOCH: Got poisoned apples?

Comment

Working...
                            X