This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Boat Ride not canceled in Avatar Land

According to the Avatar Land update today by President George Kaligridis, the boat ride is not canceled. They showed concept art for the ride during the presentation and gave an update on the construction progress.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VIxMgKTPT0

Re: Boat Ride not canceled in Avatar Land

The only place I ever heard it was canceled was here on MiceAge, so I disregarded it. Apparently rightfully so.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Are there any changes in the project compared to when it was first announced? So is there any scaling back?

Comment

They have never officially said what going to be part of it so it's hard to judge if it's been scaled back, but they have been showing the same concept art.

Comment

I figured the boat ride was still on track. Avatarland would not be a land if it opened with only one ride. Disney theme park profits are up, and Disney ios not going to slow down or reverse its current vigorous investment drive.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

this and they don't just scale back projects mid construction. to suggest that disney was so off on the calculations of how much their flagship project would cost that they had to scale back on all further construction in the parks is a pretty rediculous statement when you think about it. furthermore the massive amount of work they are currently doing to transform downtown disney into disney springs would kind of directly refute the suggestion they are scaling back on their projects lol.

Comment

Watched Avatar this weekend on FX and the back story and hints to the sequels during the breaks. Jon Landau discussed the upcoming attractions at Animal kingdom during one of the breaks including the boat ride and the flying attraction and walk through. I had reservations of this land before watching the film, but if they deliver what they promise it will be a nice edition. (hopefully no scale down as many rumors suggest.)

Comment

Remember this are all just a bunch of rumors.lets just wait at D23 next year.

Comment

Questions: Is the boat ride more like The Jungle Cruise or Pirates of the Caribbean? Will it be indoors, outdoors or both?

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                    Questions: Is the boat ride more like The Jungle Cruise or Pirates of the Caribbean? Will it be indoors, outdoors or both?
                    There were plans for the Soarin like ride leaked on the net a while back. In one corner of that show building you could see part of the boat ride inside the building. So based on those plans it appears it was/is going to be part indoor and part outdoor. Of course plans could have been mis-interpreted or have changed since then.

Comment

It would have to be in and outside to provide the immersion to make it as realistic as possible with the content of this film IMO.

Comment

You know what else had concept art? Rock Candy Mountain, Musuem of the Weird, Spain, Israel, Venezuela, Russia, Brazil, Snow Queen ride, Rhine River ride, Thames River ride, Equatorial Africa, Mt. Fuji, Switerland, and <drum roll>....................BEASTLY KINGDOM................

Comment

When I first heard that rumor that the boat ride was cancelled I laughed. A big project like this with James Cameron involved being cut back to one ride after all the work and technology that is supposedly being designed for this would not be good PR with Cameron and Disney. let's also to forget that it's possibly one of the last big projects that might be done under Igers reign

Comment

Considering the boat ride concept in my opinion impressed me the most and looked the most stunning, it would be a huge disappointment if they cut that. They need more than one ride to make this "land" successful, or want people to come back.

Random, but I remember seeing a blue print-like plans awhile back on here that was a boat/land ride. Where they would be able to move the vehicles easily through the water, and be able to move onto land with the same track. It makes me wonder if that was meant to be a design for this ride.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X