Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never been to WDW, but I'm considering get an AP.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Never been to WDW, but I'm considering get an AP.

Hey all! So I've been living in northern Florida for about a year now, and I've yet to make the 3 hour trek to WDW (I've been as far south as Daytona Beach and that's about it). I'm considering getting an AP, most likely a Deluxe since I don't care for the golf course and water parks, but is this a dumb decision since I've never been to the parks before? I don't know why, but a 3 hour drive in Florida seems like much longer of a drive than a 3 hour drive to Disneyland in California... Maybe it's the lack of gas stations and towns between here and Orlando, and that's been my main reason for not going because I don't want to run out of gas and get stuck on the side of the road.

Also what are some cheaper, but decent, hotels near the parks? I'm not exactly making enough money to afford staying on Disney property..

Reason being why I'd get an AP is that I'd rather pay 30ish dollars a month to be able to go whenever I want, instead of paying $200+ dollars for only 2 days, on top of having to pay for a hotel room.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

Re: Never been to WDW, but I'm considering get an AP.

It all depends on how many times you'd go in that year. You may want to go first to see if you'd like it. You may be able to upgrade from a one day to an annual pass by paying e difference.

and even in California, 3 hours is too long to drive for Disney, if you plan on driving back in the same day.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
      It all depends on how many times you'd go in that year. You may want to go first to see if you'd like it. You may be able to upgrade from a one day to an annual pass by paying e difference.

and even in California, 3 hours is too long to drive for Disney, if you plan on driving back in the same day.
      I'd probably be going at least once or twice a month Sat-Sun.

And I agree, 3 hours is too long of a drive for a one day trip, but it never seemed as long as it does driving from Jacksonville to Orlando. Like I said, maybe it's just because I get scared of running out of gas haha. I swear there's only like 5 gas stations between here and Daytona that are located immediately off the freeway ramp.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
      ???

Comment

I would recommend buying a park hopper ticket, and then deciding at the end of you want to get an upgrade to AP, that way you've done the drive and see the parks before you decide.

I live in Las Vegas, but have an AP for Disneyland. The first 2.5 hours out of the four are almost completely in the empty desert (with a random city here and then). I hate the drive but I just remind myself that Disneyland is worth it! (though I'd NEVER do an out-and-back trip by myself, just for safety reasons that driving that long poses).

I average about once to twice a month, so I think if you plan on that you're being very realistic. Good luck with your decision
        2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
        *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
        *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

There are three gas stations at Walt Disney World and their prices tend to be rather reasonable compared to the immediate area. If you're concerned about running out of gas then you can just fill up on your way out.

There are plenty of hotels in the area and you can pick you're favorite brand. You can find good deals even for places right next to Walt Disney World. Just look at a map if you want to be close. Some places are physically close to Walt Disney World, but the roads are not very direct.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyChick View Post
            I'd probably be going at least once or twice a month Sat-Sun.

And I agree, 3 hours is too long of a drive for a one day trip, but it never seemed as long as it does driving from Jacksonville to Orlando. Like I said, maybe it's just because I get scared of running out of gas haha. I swear there's only like 5 gas stations between here and Daytona that are located immediately off the freeway ramp.
            OK, a little math. 3 hour trip at 60 mph is 180 miles. At 12 miles a gallon (pretty bad mileage these days) you would need 15 gallons of gas for the trip. Most cars have tanks 12 gallons or more (I drive a 99 Mustang with a 12+ gallon tank and even driving like an animal I get better than 20 mpg). Fill up before you leave, stop at one of the 5 stations along the way (half way down is good for a break and will easily ensure you have enough gas). You will have no problem making the trip.

As for doing it as a day trip, I think it would be too much, but an over night weekend thing, I'd be all over that! I wish I had the opportunity.

Comment

If you live only 3 hours from a Disneypark and you haven't been yet... you should NOT get an AP. It's as easy as that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X