Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will people quit starting threads about the broken Yeti?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When will people quit starting threads about the broken Yeti?

Yeah, I don't see them putting just a screen in front of the Yeti. While it's a waste of good money to have it just sit and do nothing, it's better to do that rather than just put a screen in front of it to block it out of view all together. While it's disappointing that it doesn't move at all, to the average park goer who doesn't know about the ride, it's probably is eye-catching nonetheless. At this point, it seems more than likely it will just remain as being just a prop to the ride and not an AA.

Comment

I jumped ahead with saying there is no plan to fix the yeti. The screen could be something to use in the interim while the figure is replaced. This falls in line with the rumored repair plans that have been around for ages.

I'm not holding my breath.

Knowing Disney, if the stopgap measure (the screen) is good enough, I can see them being happy to not enact the full plan (get some motion from the yeti).

Letting the figure remain static could be problematic. It was designed for motion and regular repairs. Neither have happened for years, with only checks on the installed safety lines being performed regularly. This could pose an eventual safety issue if the figure is corroding (Think SpectroMagic). Even with the help of the safety lines, the structure might eventually not be able to support itself. Just a bit of conjecture on my part, though.
      "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
        I jumped ahead with saying there is no plan to fix the yeti. The screen could be something to use in the interim while the figure is replaced. This falls in line with the rumored repair plans that have been around for ages.

I'm not holding my breath.

Knowing Disney, if the stopgap measure (the screen) is good enough, I can see them being happy to not enact the full plan (get some motion from the yeti).

Letting the figure remain static could be problematic. It was designed for motion and regular repairs. Neither have happened for years, with only checks on the installed safety lines being performed regularly. This could pose an eventual safety issue if the figure is corroding (Think SpectroMagic). Even with the help of the safety lines, the structure might eventually not be able to support itself. Just a bit of conjecture on my part, though.
        again though i don't get why you think a screen is going in at all, i just see no scenario where that will ever occur. maybe they fix it maybe they don't but there will be no screen, the stop gap/ permanent measure is the strobe light on the yeti figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
          If it was actually designed so it could be in motion and for regular repairs, why haven't they done so? I thought it was simply due to the AA being in a problematic area for repairs. If it's true that it was designed for regular repairs, it seems as if it's pure laziness for them not fixing it already, or simply not wanting to spend the money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DisCollector View Post
            If it was actually designed so it could be in motion and for regular repairs, why haven't they done so? I thought it was simply due to the AA being in a problematic area for repairs. If it's true that it was designed for regular repairs, it seems as if it's pure laziness for them not fixing it already, or simply not wanting to spend the money on it.
            Minor repairs like replacing wear items and lubrication. It's a bit tight, but they were able to do preventative maintenance.

It's down due to catastrophic failure due to bad design and errors in installation. This would require major repairs involving replacing parts of the main structure of the figure. There is no room for this.
            "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Yeah, talk about "bad design and errors installation", more than just bad. They should have known that anything could happen and they should have been prepared for the potential of having to remove the Yeti in the future. Considering there have been plenty of removal of AAs in the past (period), or eventually putting them back in after renovations.

They should have known with the size of this creature that plenty of things could have gone wrong, or that they would have had to do major work on it other than little tweaks here and there if they wanted it to last. I think they would have learned from other people's mistakes (Universal) and should have done less movement of the AA and/or made it easier for them to do (more substantial) repairs, or adjustments.

Comment

Working...
              X