Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

    Originally posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    Outside of trying to put a Danish fairy tale into the Norwegian Pavilion, actually turning the attraction into a Fantasyland Dark Ride based on an animated feature is just WRONG. If they think Frozen is a success there, they'll eventually add other FL dark rides, totally destroying the park's intent.
    I agree, Fantasyland dark rides belong in Fantasyland.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

      We will probably most likely see a Frozen "Meet and greet attraction" that seems to be the new trend in imagineering at Disney...

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

        Originally posted by Darth Goofy View Post
        We will probably most likely see a Frozen "Meet and greet attraction" that seems to be the new trend in imagineering at Disney...
        we already have that now.

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

          Originally posted by DLFan1995 View Post
          Outside of trying to put a Danish fairy tale into the Norwegian Pavilion, actually turning the attraction into a Fantasyland Dark Ride based on an animated feature is just WRONG. If they think Frozen is a success there, they'll eventually add other FL dark rides, totally destroying the park's intent.
          No offense intended but:
          - They've already sort of started that with the Three Caballeros being added to the Mexico pavilion.
          - A ride with hand painted murals, fairytale/mythological characters, and dated AA figures is so different from a Fantasyland attraction.
          - Frozen is set in a made up Norwegian kingdom and its what they'd base the ride off of, not the fairytale itself

          Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
          I agree, Fantasyland dark rides belong in Fantasyland.
          What about The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Critter Country), Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue (Hollywoodland), the Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (Paradise pier), Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin/Astro Blasters (Tomorrowland), The Great Movie Ride (Hollywood Boulevard), these are are all attractions that carry on the Fantasyland dark ride style into other lands that aren't Fantasyland. Just because a specific style of an attraction started in a land doesn't mean it has to be only used in that land (otherwise all sci-fi/space attractions would remain in tomorrowland, and so on)
          Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

          My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

            Originally posted by Right Ear View Post
            No offense intended but:
            - They've already sort of started that with the Three Caballeros being added to the Mexico pavilion.
            - A ride with hand painted murals, fairytale/mythological characters, and dated AA figures is so different from a Fantasyland attraction.
            - Frozen is set in a made up Norwegian kingdom and its what they'd base the ride off of, not the fairytale itself
            fair point with the cabelleros but the major difference is that the caballeros are used as a tool to showcase the nation of mexico. it is not a ride about them, it is a ride including them about mexico. having a ride that included the frozen characters that celebrated norway wouldn't be terrible but still not favourable, having a frozen attraction in norway would be horrendous. furthermore it was never said that frozen took place in norway, it was in a scandinavian-esque land scape but your assumption takes things way too far there. theres a place for classic dark rides in the world showcase, theres even a place for carefully placed characters, but not fantasyland dark rides.

            What about The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Critter Country), Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue (Hollywoodland), the Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (Paradise pier), Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin/Astro Blasters (Tomorrowland), The Great Movie Ride (Hollywood Boulevard), these are are all attractions that carry on the Fantasyland dark ride style into other lands that aren't Fantasyland. Just because a specific style of an attraction started in a land doesn't mean it has to be only used in that land (otherwise all sci-fi/space attractions would remain in tomorrowland, and so on)
            theres a big difference between fantasyland dark rides and classic dark ride attractions. a fantasyland dark ride IMO is simply an attraction based off a disney film whereas a classic dark ride can be based off of an original concept. much of what you mentioned here are not fantasyland dark rides let alone true classic dark rides.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

              "we already have that now."


              Then it looks like the attraction already has been added to the park then...Most likely no attraction on Frozen in the foreseeable future...It would a nice edition to FantasyLand. I agree with most Mice chatters not to put this @ EPCOT. But EPCOT does need a new draw and if themed right maybe...I hope I am wrong about them not adding this..but.....if they invested in it and pulled all the stops it could be a Potter swatter.

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                fair point with the cabelleros but the major difference is that the caballeros are used as a tool to showcase the nation of mexico. it is not a ride about them, it is a ride including them about mexico. having a ride that included the frozen characters that celebrated norway wouldn't be terrible but still not favourable, having a frozen attraction in norway would be horrendous. furthermore it was never said that frozen took place in norway, it was in a scandinavian-esque land scape but your assumption takes things way too far there. theres a place for classic dark rides in the world showcase, theres even a place for carefully placed characters, but not fantasyland dark rides.
                I really dislike the Three Caballeros layover for the Mexican Boat Ride. Not because of the characters mind you, but because the ride is now executed to be less like an actual ride and more like watching a cartoon while in a boat.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                  Originally posted by Right Ear View Post
                  What about The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Critter Country), Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue (Hollywoodland), the Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (Paradise pier), Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin/Astro Blasters (Tomorrowland), The Great Movie Ride (Hollywood Boulevard), these are are all attractions that carry on the Fantasyland dark ride style into other lands that aren't Fantasyland. Just because a specific style of an attraction started in a land doesn't mean it has to be only used in that land (otherwise all sci-fi/space attractions would remain in tomorrowland, and so on)
                  I get that there are dark rides that are not in Fantasyland, but they aren't Fantasyland dark rides, except for Little Mermaid but that feels way out of place and they just needed space to put it. Fantasyland dark rides are more about princess' and magic, and they are not interactive.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                    Originally posted by Darth Goofy View Post
                    "we already have that now."


                    Then it looks like the attraction already has been added to the park then...Most likely no attraction on Frozen in the foreseeable future...It would a nice edition to FantasyLand. I agree with most Mice chatters not to put this @ EPCOT. But EPCOT does need a new draw and if themed right maybe...I hope I am wrong about them not adding this..but.....if they invested in it and pulled all the stops it could be a Potter swatter.
                    a small dark ride renovation in the world showcase is not a significant draw by any means. it would be much more effective if they just built a new country

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                      Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                      I really dislike the Three Caballeros layover for the Mexican Boat Ride. Not because of the characters mind you, but because the ride is now executed to be less like an actual ride and more like watching a cartoon while in a boat.
                      meh, there are pros and cons to the overlay, i personally enjoy it and see it as an overall improvement that contrasts the other countries offerings well but i could see how some wouldn't be fans.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                        Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                        Did they use all the 20K/Birthdayland land up or is there space left?
                        MK is definitely not short on space. Have you ever been on the railroad and gone through all of that forested area? That is the expansion space behind Small World and New Fantasyland. According to Google Earth, there are over 500 feet from the back of the Small World show building to the railroad tracks and over 350 feet from the back of Little Mermaid and Be our Guest to the railroad. Plus, MK is the only MK style park where no walkways are beyond the railroad tracks, and there is nothing there, so it could also go there. There is plenty of room.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                          Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                          MK is definitely not short on space. Have you ever been on the railroad and gone through all of that forested area? That is the expansion space behind Small World and New Fantasyland. According to Google Earth, there are over 500 feet from the back of the Small World show building to the railroad tracks and over 350 feet from the back of Little Mermaid and Be our Guest to the railroad. Plus, MK is the only MK style park where no walkways are beyond the railroad tracks, and there is nothing there, so it could also go there. There is plenty of room.
                          it doesn't matter how much space there is when you can't access it.... theres no way to build pathways from the current park to this expansion pad you suggest. and even then it would be shutting off access to extremely important backstage areas that cannot be infringed upon.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                            I can definitely see Disney building Frozen attractions, and reasonably quickly- there's Finding Nemo stuff all over the place in the parks, for example- a whole Aquarium thing is themed to them (plus a "dark ride" that's really just looking at screens), plus Turtle Talk (on both coasts), an Animal Kingdom musical play, AND the re-theming of the Submarines at Disneyland. That's a LOT of stuff for a movie that's only 11 years old, and Frozen made QUITE a bit more money than Nemo did.

                            I don't know how old all the Nemo-themed attractions are, but they must have been built not too long after the film came out. Even considering that Nemo is more cross-demographically appealing than Frozen (I'm a guy and a HUGE Frozen fan, but I can tell it targeted girls quite a bit more than boys, and had nowhere near the cutesy stuff that Nemo did- nor was it as brutally-obvious in terms of shoving merch at children- Nemo is pretty much a textbook case of Merchandising), it seems like a no-brainer than Disney would capitalize on their biggest hit since The Lion King with a huge amount of stuff.

                            HOWEVER, it's worth pointing out that Tangled was ALSO a huge hit, and has relatively-little effect on the parks (I think there's a play, Meet & Greets, and a themed set of bathrooms with a tower behind them). Frozen just does the Meet & Greets so far, but even The Lion King doesn't have THAT big of an effect on the parks (there's a lot of stuff in AK, but no rides or major attractions, even- just some themed stuff around).

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                              Work on Maelstrom is going to begin on october.
                              Here I stand, in the light of day, let the storm rage on!!! The cold never bothered me anyway.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                                Originally posted by JoseDL View Post
                                Work on Maelstrom is going to begin on october.
                                A doubt this, as the attractions in pavilions tend to be directly related to the country. Second, Disney would be EXTREMELY stupid to do this. It doesn't fit in. Do the attraction at MK, or even DHS.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                                  I think Maelstrom needs and update but not Frozen. I hated the movie and I guess I am the only one. I just thought it was boring and wanted to know how Elsa got the powers in the first place-like was it inherited or was she cursed?-but that's just me. If they wanted to make a Frozen attraction there are other places they could place it. Maelstrom needs to be related to Norway and just needs an update.

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

                                    Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                                    A doubt this, as the attractions in pavilions tend to be directly related to the country. Second, Disney would be EXTREMELY stupid to do this. It doesn't fit in. Do the attraction at MK, or even DHS.
                                    I personally don't like this idea, but it would not surprise me if it happened. They are seeing dollar signs from the success of this movie and are looking for ways to quickly capitalize on it. Converting Maelstrom would be quicker and cheaper then building something from scratch and they probably figure the average guest isn't going to care the Frozen was not technically set in Norway.

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X