Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

According to Pam Rawlins, the show Producer for Princess Fairytale Hale, there are more plans in the works to add more Frozen attractions at Magic Kingdom and the other theme parks.

More Frozen coming to Walt Disney World with Anna and Elsa - YouTube

Re: More Frozen attractions are coming to the parks

ORWEN: Oh good! Works for me!

Comment

lol first off deceiving title she never admitted thats going to happen so pretty deceiving title. second thats not exactly a shocking breaking news story, really disney is going to cash in on one of the most popular films they have ever created? thats a real surprise.

on an unrelated note if you want to hear a fun fact, I was at the magic kingdom for the first time on my awesome vacation may 2nd and got to the park after JUST missing the opening show. Walked passed the princess fairytale hall on my way across the park a little over an hour after opening and happened to glance at the stand by wait times... classic princesses were at 180 minutes (ok 3 hours is a really long wait to meet characters but I guess its a big moment for some people, particularly little girls so I can understand this). the wait to meet the frozen characters and aurora however? I kid you not, still keeping in mind this is only a little over an hour after opening... 320 MINUTES!!!! thats FIVE AND A HALF HOURS OF WAITING IN LINE absolute madness.... still cant believe I witnessed that

to put this in perspective in the time i send a little girl through that line and have them meet the characters i could wait in a 90 min line at space mountain, ride it, walk all the way to the other side of the park leisurely, wait in a 60 minute line for big thunder and ride that, then head over to splash mountain to complete the big 3 and wait in a 50 minute line there, before heading over to a 65 minute wait at peter pan and be just in time to pick her up a the other end lol.

Comment

They better not do anything stupid...like retheme Maelstrom to Frozen.

Comment

If they really cared to expand the options;

They wouldn't have moved them from Norway to the MK, but have them in two locations. The demand was/is there, and they didn't do it.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
            They better not do anything stupid...like retheme Maelstrom to Frozen.
            Seconded.

####

Taking EPCOT off the table, MK is the only place really they can have a Frozen attraction. Question is.. where?

Did they use all the 20K/Birthdayland land up or is there space left?

Could the Tomorrowland Speedway get 'iced' to make way for Queen Elsa and a replacement attraction?
            sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
            Walt Disney

Comment

To me, it makes more sense to bring it to EPCOT if they want to bring something else for children to enjoy.

Comment

I keep looking at that abandoned DL gondola chalet in Fantasyland and imagining how much better it would be to re-theme that larger area as their Frozen attraction. The Swiss chalet appearance of it wouldn't take too much to retheme as Frozen, and the way that you have to go up steps to get to it gives it a sort of elevated, mountainous feel to it.

Before anyone here can chime in with some statement about it being closed for ADA reasons let me just stop that argument right there. There is such a thing as elevators. We've all seen one at the Tiki Room so we know it's full well possible to get people up there. I find it hard to hear "it can't be done" from the same Disneyland that pioneered such can-do attitudes towards attraction building in the first place yet every time someone mentions that old chalet I always have to hear "Can't be done, not ADA compliant." Disney is about can-do, not can't-be-done.

Comment

Originally posted by DisCollector View Post
                  To me, it makes more sense to bring it to EPCOT if they want to bring something else for children to enjoy.
                  this would be completely disastrous so i really hope they wouldn't do it. the ONLY place this belongs is the magic kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                    Seconded.

####

Taking EPCOT off the table, MK is the only place really they can have a Frozen attraction. Question is.. where?

Could the Tomorrowland Speedway get 'iced' to make way for Queen Elsa and a replacement attraction?
                    ^that is the best idea IMO HB. the speedway is a huge waste of space, doesn't have much historical value, not a great attraction and being completely outdoors makes it effectively useless when its raining. they should eliminate it and expand into the space behind. give half the area to fantasyland to add frozen along with probably another property, and the other half back to tomorrowland to include in its refurb as you could create an e ticket and then some in the remaining land space.

Comment

Sounds like a win-win to me. Well unless you're a huge fan of the Speedway that is.
                      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                      Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                        Seconded.

####

To, me the only place that really makes sense is to turn Blizzard Beach into a Frozen themed park.

It would be very cost effective and Disney just loves that.

* Wandering Oakens = the main gift shop

* Mt. Gushmore (now themed like a ski lift chalet) gets remade to be Elsa's castle...and there is a big Marshmallow statue up there like he is chasing you...so the big slide up there has to be rethemed so its not a ski jump.

* all the ski themed stuff removed

* turn all the buildings into the buildings of Arendelle and make the whole place be Arendelle....the theme is that Elsa's magic is melting and things are going back to normal and everyone is happy the snow is melting.

* Olaf and his snow friends are everywhere

* Ana and Elsa and Kristoff and Swen and Olaf are walk around characters

* All over the park, there are stone trolls hiding like the minnie-hanni (sp?) in Hawaii at Aulani and the little chameleons in the Tangled area of WDW

* The front entrance is made to look like the castle walls of Arendelle

Disney could create the entire kingdom. A winter wonderland melting in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
                          To, me the only place that really makes sense is to turn Blizzard Beach into a Frozen themed park.

It would be very cost effective and Disney just loves that.
                          Well its not the only place that makes sense but this could be a really good idea from disney's perspective. blizzard beach is basically the same place its been since i was a toddler so the change would definitely be nice, and you are correct it is very theme similar so the change over would be pretty simple. also this would be a HUGE cash grab for disney seeing as now exponentially more people would pay extra to get into their water parks and even extend their stay a day possibly to do so. If they are willing to line up 5 hours in the magic kingdom to meet the characters, they would be willing to pay to get into their winter wonderland. the only negative with this idea is that there would be no frozen ride but i could probably live with that if an entire water park received an upgrade.

Comment

Or imagine if they built some new raft ride at the waterparks that involved a Frozen dark ride element... god Disney... get innovative with the waterparks

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                            ~

Comment

I apologize if this has already been posted, but has anyone seen this?
                              Walt Disney World planning a 'Frozen' ride; set to shut down five attractions - Portland Disney Travel | Examiner.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X