Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Bob Iger visited Walt Disney World?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When was the last time Bob Iger visited Walt Disney World?

I regularly read the forums, but rarely post, but this question just really seemed to bother me, and I honestly couldn't find an answer. I'm a pretty big fan of what Bob Iger has done for the Disney Parks, but I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I have seen that he visited Walt Disney World.
    • I remember a while back he was rumored to be at Hollywood Studios for an announcement. Remember #IgerWatch on twitter? He ended up not being there.
    • He wasn't present for the grand opening of the New Fantasyland Expansion, a HUGE investment of the company
    • He wasn't present for the groundbreaking of the Avatar Expansion at Animal Kingdom, a huge partnership for the company.

At these events, Tom Staggs has been present, which makes sense given he is the chaiman of parks and resorts. I think it can be understood that given the Walt Disney Company is based in California, he can more easily frequent Disneyland, and a trip to Walt Disney World isn't exactly a day trip. It involves being out of office for a day or two. What are your thoughts?

Re: When was the last time Bob Iger visited Walt Disney World?

He shouldn't be required to show up for anything that costs under $1B. He runs the whole company, and FLE or AL are just little parts.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

He was there when obama gave the speech at magic kingdom. He was also there I believe when they had that big pow wow over mymagic+ difficulties a few months ago. Dunno how much he went into the parks for that *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
        He was there when obama gave the speech at magic kingdom. He was also there I believe when they had that big pow wow over mymagic+ difficulties a few months ago. Dunno how much he went into the parks for that *shrug*
        Thanks for the post, almandot! I'd rather have him there to lead problem solving efforts on MyMagic+ than just show up to give an umimportant speech at a dedication where losers like me would point out his inferiority to Walt. )

Shanghai will sort of be to him and his legacy what Disneyland Paris was for Michael Eisner, so he needs to watch that and many other things (Star Wars empire) carefully. The company has grown a little since Walt ran things.

Comment

Bob was in WDW a couple weeks ago. He comes secretly about every month.
          -Bill

Comment

You mean he's actually been to WDW? I thought he didn't think it existed...
            sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X