This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] ArmchairImagineering: Maleficent(film) rethemed Beastly Kingdom

*This is an Armchair Imagineering idea, so please don't spread this as a rumor.

In my opinion the original plans for Beastly Kingdom may never happen. Since the image of a dragon has been part of DAK since opening, it should still be presented in the park as some kind of an attraction. With the Maleficent film coming out and the original character is famous for turning into a dragon, I came up with this idea based on the film.

Spoil-ish with characters and settings from the film. FYI, I haven't seen the movie yet

Maleficent's Castle (Dragon Tower)- The centerpiece of the land is the castle. It holds an e-ticket thrill ride with encounters with this dragon (I believe is Diaval) and Dragon Maleficent (don't know if she will appear in the film). They are AA's with fire effects. From the front of the castle is nice looking but when you go towards the back the castle is burnt and damaged, signs of an attack.

Forest Kingdom boat ride (Quest of the Unicorn/Fantasia Gardens)
    - The boat ride is like POTC with a few drops and many AA's. You go thru the forest, (pic, pic) where these creatures (pic, pic) live.

Raven and Crow exhibits
    - Unlike Beastly Kingdom, this version have live animals. Maleficent partner is a Raven, Diaval, so it make sense to have an exhibit to observe and learn about them. Crows are related to ravens.

War Horse show- A show to educate the lives of warhorses, such as the armor they wear and the importance of horses in the Middle Age, and jousting.

I hope you liked my ideas.
    Last edited by mondo; 05-29-2014, 12:42 AM.

Re: ArmchairImagineering: Maleficent(film) rethemed Beastly Kingdom

No one commented on this. Is it because you all don't like my idea? Not interested in Armchair Imagineering? Don't like movie tie-ins? Didn't like the Maleficent movie? Or Beastly Kingdom is a topic many don't like to talk about because it was canceled and may never happen?

Comment

I really liked the idea when i first saw it but i didnt know what to say. Also i was wondering the same thing. I wonder why nobody commented neither.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
        No one commented on this. Is it because you all don't like my idea? Not interested in Armchair Imagineering? Don't like movie tie-ins? Didn't like the Maleficent movie? Or Beastly Kingdom is a topic many don't like to talk about because it was canceled and may never happen?
        Beastly Kingdom will never happen, we are getting Avatar......Beastly Kingdom is a land of mythical legend that has rumors and hints of how great a land could have been. Only lives in legend and hearts and minds of Disney Guests that wish for more out of Disney..

Comment

ORDDU: Actually, mondo duckling, your idea for a Maleficent dragon attraction for AK within the Beastly Kingdom is an idea that was proposed many years ago by Imagineers during the planning stages of the park. There was to be a Forbidden Mountain with a rollercoaster inside and Maleficent's dragon would be chasing guests with flame throwing special effects. But the idea never came to be. We first heard this during an N.F.F.C. metting back in the early 1990's. Since then--after certain Imagineers were laid off at Walt Disney World--they took this idea with them to their newly acquired jobs for Universal and the result was Dueling Dragons

Comment

I think its a great idea. With most things based on movies now this is probably the best shot that beastly kingdom will have. I think it would be a great addition

Comment

Originally posted by robbiem View Post
              I think its a great idea. With most things based on movies now this is probably the best shot that beastly kingdom will have. I think it would be a great addition
              beastly kingdom will never come to be. the land that was earmarked for the concept is already being built upon and the land its self was essentially constructed already at universal studios.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                beastly kingdom will never come to be. the land that was earmarked for the concept is already being built upon and the land its self was essentially constructed already at universal studios.
                Never say never. There has been ideas that were shelved for years to be revisited, altered and build. DAK (and the other parks) has a lot of space for expansion. I'm pretty sure Disney own all the land that surround each parks,resorts,etc. I have seen pics and videos of Universal Studios's version and they do not compared to the Disney's original version. It seems incomplete and half themed. For Dueling Dragons, the entrance, queue were good but then it stopped. The ride itself is not well themed, Disney would have done better.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                  Never say never. There has been ideas that were shelved for years to be revisited, altered and build. DAK (and the other parks) has a lot of space for expansion. I'm pretty sure Disney own all the land that surround each parks,resorts,etc. I have seen pics and videos of Universal Studios's version and they do not compared to the Disney's original version. It seems incomplete and half themed. For Dueling Dragons, the entrance, queue were good but then it stopped. The ride itself is not well themed, Disney would have done better.
                  regardless its a used idea and they already have a fantastical element now in the park. the next expansion will be another region to fit the animal theme of animal kingdom or an expansion/redo of conservation station. expect australia to be added to the area left of the train tracks IMO. beastly kingdom is not something that will happen.

Comment

I think these are great ideas. I'd love to see these happen. If only. My favorite would be the Forest Kingdom Boat Ride. Sounds awesome.

Truthfully, I rarely look at the armchair Imagineering threads, since they tend to depress me. The ideas I read about here are almost always better than what actually ends up getting built.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by robbiem View Post
                      thanks for calling this a great idea. I think the only way to have some kind of a BK is to base it on a movie.

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                      I think these are great ideas. I'd love to see these happen. If only. My favorite would be the Forest Kingdom Boat Ride. Sounds awesome.

Truthfully, I rarely look at the armchair Imagineering threads, since they tend to depress me. The ideas I read about here are almost always better than what actually ends up getting built.
                      Thanks for the 'great ideas' and 'awesome' comments.

Comment

I wouldn't want anything built based on the movie MALEFICENT. What a mess of a movie. Changing 99% of a classic character to make her heroic is nothing but a studio cash grab tactic. The sooner the movie fades away the better.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post

Yes, these arm Chair threads are depressing. Wish Disney Execs would sit around with imagineers and conjure up some new exciting ideas like the MCrs in these threads tend to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post
                            I wouldn't want anything built based on the movie MALEFICENT. What a mess of a movie. Changing 99% of a classic character to make her heroic is nothing but a studio cash grab tactic. The sooner the movie fades away the better.
                            http://media1.onsugar.com/files/2014...Perfection.gif

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and say it, Angelina Jolie ruined this movie.

Bad movie = Bad Armchair Imagineering idea
                              sigpic
                              "Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X