Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss & Swan Boats

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video 1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss & Swan Boats

A few weeks ago we posted the restored film of my grandparent's 1972 trip to the Magic Kingdom... Three years later, when I was barely walking, they made another pilgrimage to Florida, again stopping at the Magic Kingdom for a day.

This particular piece of film had some nasty issues I had to deal with. For one, there was a massive amount of film grain I had to deal with. This caused compression artifacts in motion areas after the film was scanned and compressed. As a result, I'm sending the reels off to be re-scanned and this time the files sent back to me will be uncompressed, allowing for a much cleaner restoration. The film also did not hold its color as the earlier film had. I'm pretty sure my grandfather used Kodak film in '72 and some off-brand in '75. Now, 39 years later we can tell the difference. I had to use three different color restoration techniques to get this as accurate as I could. Even then, some scenes aren't quite as perfect at I'd like them to be, however the film itself has blotches of yellow dis-coloration - possible it was poorly manufactured or poorly developed.

This restoration is 90% complete, I wanted to show you what i've done so far, but dont' take this as the final cut. Once I have the improved footage I will upload that and let everyone know. Regardless, you'll find some amazing Tomorrowland footage in this film - including the pristine white look, waterfall towers, and a ride on the peoplemover...and some great footage of the now forgotten Swan Boats.

Video is here: https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/ret...iss-swan-boats
    RetroDisneyWorld.com
    The way you remember it...

Re: 1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss &amp; Swan Boats

How awesome! I love seeing footage from the 70s. My first visit to WDW was 1978 when I was 3 (turned 4 that summer).

Comment

Re: 1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss &amp; Swan Boats

Loving it ! Kinda cool to catch a view of the Skyway Tram floating through the air .

Comment

That was wonderful and excellent. Thank you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X