This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The Princess Pecking Order

ORDDU: So it would seem that the new Princess Fairytale Hall was much ado about nothing--if you happen to be Snow White or Princess Aurora.

ORWEN: A good friend of ours who is a cast member at the Magic Kingdom told us that both Snow White and Aurora have been evicted from the new Princess Fairytale Hall and are back to doing their meetings and greetings on the mean streets of Main and Center.

ORDDU: Princess Aurora had been greeting guests in the little garden area next to City Hall before the Fairytale Hall was completed. Now--after all the anxious waiting for a newer, nicer area to greet guests that was climate controlled, the poor princess is back where she used to be, having to deal with the summer heat and the winter cold.

ORWEN: And Snow White is going to be found at Center Street instead of inside Fantasyland. What a way to treat Uncle Walt's original princess!!

ORDDU: When Elsa recently overheard Aurora and Snow White complaining to Disney Management about this insulting behavior toward them, she reportedly sneered at the two other princesses and sarcastically remarked, "Let it go, girls! Just let it go!!

ORWEN: (sigh) So it goes to show that the princesses who get the best treatment are the one's who make the most money for the company. It's such a hard knock life for them. Where's the fantasy? Where's the love?

ORDDU: Actually, I don't see why Aurora and Snow White can't remain inside Fairytale Hall while Anna and Elsa do their meeting and greeting inside the same building where Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell do their meetings and greetings. A witch would think there would be enough room in there for them.

ORWEN: But nobody asked us.

ORGOCH: Got violins???

Re: The Princess Pecking Order

ORWEN: Just wanted to add that--for a while even after Elsa and Anna first moved to Fairy tale Hall--Aurora was allowed to meet and greet in the same room with them and I don't know why she couldn't still be in the same room with them, since Anna and Elsa have always stood together. But maybe they're planning to split up the sisters so that there wouldn't be room for at least one other princess in that room with them.

Comment

How did the line work? Was it one big line, then you could choose Anna & Elsa or Aurora?
      "Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

ORWEN: If you were in line for Anna and Elsa you were also in line for Aurora, since all 3 of them were in the same room. Of course you could skip on past the princess you didn't wish to see, if that was your pleasure.

Comment

I'll have to show Snow White, and Aurora, a whole lot of extra love when I come visiting in just 2 months. I see that Aurora is still meeting guests in France at Epcot, and Snow White is present sometimes in Germany.

Anna and Elsa are out of luck, if they think i'm getting in their line, or using up one of my valuable fastpasses. Time is a rare commodity when on vacation at WDW.

I believe tomorrow is my "fastpass selection day".
          Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-18-2014, 05:44 AM.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

ORWEN: Well what I wanna' know is where's the meet and greet line for you, Barbaraann? I might just wanna' meet and greet you when you come to Florida, seeing as how us cauldron girls spend a lot of time there.

Comment

ORDDU: By the way, Barbaraann, if you plan to meet up with Aurora at Epcot, be sure and watch out for snakes. Just last week a big, black snake slithered into her gazebo as she was meeting and greeting guests there. It frightened more than one guest at the time and Aurora, herself, hurried away as pest control was called to deal with the little beastie...

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                Isn't the FP+ limit 30 days in advance? That's the soonest I am able to book mine via the app.
                Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 06-18-2014, 06:06 AM. Reason: Checked soonest I can book FP+
                "Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                  ORWEN: Well what I wanna' know is where's the meet and greet line for you, Barbaraann? I might just wanna' meet and greet you when you come to Florida, seeing as how us cauldron girls spend a lot of time there.
                  Now that I am 61 days out from my vacation, I need to start getting serious about where I am going to be on the days of my 5 day parkhopper.

I do remember meeting you at Disneyland not too many years ago, you and the MiceChat group were off to Ariel's Grotto to dine with their princesses. I had other fish to fry that day, and we parted ways.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                    Isn't the FP+ limit 30 days in advance? That's the soonest I am able to book mine via the app.
                    If you stay in a Disney Hotel and have purchased tickets in advance, you can make your fastpass Plus selections 60 days out.

If you have purchased tickets in advance, then the fastpass plus selection is 30 days out.

I just doublechecked this on the Disney World website.
                    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-18-2014, 06:15 AM.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                      ORDDU: By the way, Barbaraann, if you plan to meet up with Aurora at Epcot, be sure and watch out for snakes. Just last week a big, black snake slithered into her gazebo as she was meeting and greeting guests there. It frightened more than one guest at the time and Aurora, herself, hurried away as pest control was called to deal with the little beastie...
                      Snakes in France?

I am deathly afraid of creepy crawlies. That snake might be looking for the other creepy crawlie hanging out in that country.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

ORWEN: Ha-ha! I know you mean! It's a certain nasty old biddy who happens to be my sister!!!

Comment

Ill never forget when I was there in may and the wait was over 300 minutes to meet them. would have to be a terrible job just to sit there as kids walk by you all day. this move is better for the fans as now she is actually accessible to people who really want to meet her.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                            I'll have to show Snow White, and Aurora, a whole lot of extra love when I come visiting in just 2 months. I see that Aurora is still meeting guests in France at Epcot, and Snow White is present sometimes in Germany.

Anna and Elsa are out of luck, if they think i'm getting in their line, or using up one of my valuable fastpasses. Time is a rare commodity when on vacation at WDW.

I guess that I will have to eat my words. I did make a fastpass selection to meet these ladies. It is the very last one of my vacation, before I change hotels for the last two relaxing days that I am spending offsite at nearby Bonnet Creek.

Now, if I fall in love with the Dwarf Coaster, after I ride it, this all might get edited, before my last day.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Personally, I hate the Fairytale hall. I miss seeing the princesses walking around the park. They did split Anna and Elsa up over there to make the lines move slightly faster. I have no desire to see either of them (wasn't a big fan of the movie and am definitely not waiting more than 20 minutes to meet a princess) but I love Aurora and Snow so I am thrilled that they're outside again. I read once too that the hall was designed for the most popular princesses because their lines are hours in length so the guests can wait in air conditioning. Merida will probably be moved over there eventually (once the Frozen craze dies a bit) because her line is long and will sometimes make that area near the castle impossible to get through. Not to mention the guests passing out while waiting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X