No announcement yet.

Quick Service Dinning? Favorite Location/ underrated restaurant?

Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Quick Service Dinning? Favorite Location/ underrated restaurant?

I'm going to Disneyworld this halloween and I was wondering...
    • what your favorite quick service location is?
    • quick service meal? B? L? D?
    • what underrated snack there is at disneyworld?

Re: Quick Service Dinning? Favorite Location/ underrated restaurant?

1) wow too tough to say, I'll give you 5: Gaston's tavern, sunshine seasons, flame tree BBQ, pecos bills, and starring rolls. also you are going to be there during the food and wine festival so i would make a meal out of going to all the different booths and trying things.

2) definitely lunch. I would recommend something light in the room for breakfast and if you really felt like it go to a nice sit down one for kicks. full service dinners are where its at.

3) I guess because its new and hasn't become a classic yet but the fresh made caramel corn at storybook circus. its absolutely phenomenal.

I love pecos bills for lunch or dinner I think it is the same. I love the steak and chicken combo I got last year. Def worth it and so glad it was on the quick service plan.

Also I too love sunshine seasons at The Land. They have some awesome desserts.

I love Disney food and I'm always eating on a budget, so I'm sorry for the overenthusiastic response:

Favorite Quick Serve

Pinocchio's Village Haus (MK) - Not the greatest food you'll ever eat, but awesome theme and seating options. How can seating be awesome? You'll hear people talking about the outdoor patio and tables overlooking Small World, but my favorite spot is actually the upstairs balcony. It's private and overlooks all of Fantasyland. It's a great place to stop for lunch and do some relaxing and people watching. The balcony is small so it has a nice almost private feeling you won't get anywhere else in MK.

France's Boulangerie Patisserie (EPCOT) - Most people go here for desserts only (who can blame them), but they have some pretty tasty meal options as well. Sandwiches, soups, and quiches are along the lines of what you'll get here. And they're light so they won't make you feel gross and tired after eating them...and they leave room to enjoy the dessert too. I think some of the best deals are found here too.

Restaurantosaurus (AK) - Same basic menu options you'll find pretty much anywhere, but it's normally not super crowded and it's very convenient since it's right in the middle of Dinoland.

ABC Commissary (HS) - You'll find some options here that you can't find in other quick serves. It's huge so it's easy to find seating.

Favorite Meals
        Cinnamon roll at Gaston's OR Pain au Chocolate from the France Pavilion
        Pepperoni Flatbread from Pinocchios OR Croque Monsieur from Be Our Guest (Quick Serve at Lunch!!!!)
        Taco Salad from Pecos Bill's OR Sushi from Japan

Underrated Snacks
        Chocolate Covered Pineapple from most candy locations. I made these when I worked at Big Top and they are the best. You really feel like you're getting your money's worth too. Great way to not feel too guilty about the treat and to get a refreshing burst of pineapple on a hot Florida day!

Other snack ideas...don't be afraid to go into restaurants and order from their side menu options. A lot of these items count as snacks. In other words, don't just rely on carts and candy locations for snacks. And in will be tempted to try tons of packaged treats from the stores in all of the countries. Ever heard of mochi? Well it's a delicious kind of ice cream that they sell in the stores in Japan.

Again...sorry for being long winded but I love Disney food!
        "But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part for a hero's strength is measured by his heart."

Oh boy.... Ok....

Favorite Quick Serve Location
          Depends on the park. At Magic Kingdom I like Sleepy Hollow Refreshments, Pecos Bills & Gaston's Tavern the best. At Epcot I like Sunshine Seasons at the Land pavilion, the fish & chips window at the UK pavilion, Tangerine Cafe in Morocco & Katsura Grill at the Japan pavilion. At DHS... I really don't like any of the quick serve locations but Fairfax Fair & Backlot Express are ok.

Favorite Quick Service Meal
          Lunch & Dinner for me. I might grab a muffin at Stabucks on Main Street in the morning for breakfast (they have good blueberry muffins). The waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow are my very favorite, especially fruit & Nutella and sweet & spicy chicken ones. The burgers at Pecos Bill's are ok for a theme park. Love the pork shank at Gaston's Tavern. The stuff from the Asian counter at Sunshine Seasons is good. They used to have an amazing turkey sandwich with chipotle mayo, but they don't make it any more. The fish & chips in the UK are good. At Katsura Grill I like the udon noodle bowls.

Underrated Snack?

Ad Widget