Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

    Keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times.A British tourist lost two fingertips on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at Walt Disney World in Florida on Thursday, according to reports in local media and on Disney blogs.
    Bo Jones, communications manager of the Reedy Creek Fire Department, toldClickOrlando.com that the man lost the tips of his ring and pinky fingers on his right hand.
    There is no word yet on how the accident occurred, but WDW Theme Parks wrote on Twitter that "evidently the hand was outside the boat on the drop."
    (WDW Theme Parks is an independent website and not affiliated with Disney.)
    The man was treated at a local hospital and the ride was shut down for at least five hours, the fan-run Doctor Disney website said.
    The ride had reopened by Thursday evening.
    Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World


  • #2
    Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	7356337

    EDIT: Also:

    Last edited by PhonyKingOfEngland; 07-11-2014, 04:09 AM. Reason: I just couldn't decide between these two, so I put them both in. You're welcome.
    "The happy haunts have recieved a faldric nomdage." ~Paul Frees

    Originally posted by SOTSreleaseplease
    The more Paul Frees, the better I say.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

      well folks thats why you FOLLOW THE RULES! now if only that happened when people tried to take flash photography on dark rides......

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

        Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
        well folks thats why you FOLLOW THE RULES! now if only that happened when people tried to take flash photography on dark rides......
        I'm still trying to figure out how you could do that... I don't think I can recall anything even within reach in that area unless the guy was standing up in the boat.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

          Originally posted by Mackster View Post
          I'm still trying to figure out how you could do that... I don't think I can recall anything even within reach in that area unless the guy was standing up in the boat.
          In the water between the boat and the guide rail I'm sure. You have to reach pretty far down.
          sigpic
          "Coffee for a Cause"
          Helping dog rescues one cup at a time.
          http://www.smilingdogcoffee.com

          Comment


          • #6
            That's why you keep your arms and hands in the boat. Never rode POTC at WDW, but geez, a little common sense please.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

              ORDDU: My sisters and I see guests putting their hands in the water all the time at both Pirates and Small World. Eventually someone has to be punished for disobeying the rules. It's too bad but that's the way Life is.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                Originally posted by Mackster View Post
                I'm still trying to figure out how you could do that... I don't think I can recall anything even within reach in that area unless the guy was standing up in the boat.
                as others have said more likely then not he stuck his hand in the water and when you go down that drop with all the speed if the boat hits the guard rail its like a guillotine.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                  First off, on behalf of the people of America our hearts and prayers go out to our fingertipless friend across the pond.

                  Second: do avail yourself to one of the many American lawyers now contacting you. Google them. Get a life pass to Disney parks and a Disney Cruise as part of the settlement.

                  Third, at least you left a part of yourself on a cool attraction. Imagine the extra embarrassment had this happened on Small World, and the fear that a part of you would be eternally surrounded by the Small World music.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                    Yea, yea, terrible a guy has to walk around for the rest of his life without fingertips, especially when just about everyone has taken the risk and skimmed the water with their fingers, but to hold your hand under the water, AT THE DROP NONE THE LESS, is absolutely insane! Let this be an example to all, KEEP YOUR HANDS INSIDE THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES!!

                    "Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                      Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                      Second: do avail yourself to one of the many American lawyers now contacting you. Google them. Get a life pass to Disney parks and a Disney Cruise as part of the settlement.\
                      ^this is one of the biggest problems with the world today. sorry jcruise as I usually like what you have to say but its a real shame people think this way. lets all capitalize financially off of our misfortunes, particularily when we clearly disobeyed the rules we were explicitly told many times over and it resulted in the aforementioned problem. Everything is always someone ELSE'S fault, never OUR fault and its led to an entitled generation that is coming up today. this attitude has literally made the world a significantly worse place for all of us to live in. Man up, take responsibility for your stupidity, and move on. Expecting monetary gain because you were dumb just due to the fact that a major corporation was involved is borderline childish behaviour.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                        I fully agree, goofy Donald.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                        No matter where you go, there you are.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                          Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                          ^this is one of the biggest problems with the world today. sorry jcruise as I usually like what you have to say but its a real shame people think this way. lets all capitalize financially off of our misfortunes, particularily when we clearly disobeyed the rules we were explicitly told many times over and it resulted in the aforementioned problem. Everything is always someone ELSE'S fault, never OUR fault and its led to an entitled generation that is coming up today. this attitude has literally made the world a significantly worse place for all of us to live in. Man up, take responsibility for your stupidity, and move on. Expecting monetary gain because you were dumb just due to the fact that a major corporation was involved is borderline childish behaviour.
                          :thumbup::bow:
                          I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
                          --> Elevate Your Life

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                            Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                            ^this is one of the biggest problems with the world today. sorry jcruise as I usually like what you have to say but its a real shame people think this way. lets all capitalize financially off of our misfortunes, particularily when we clearly disobeyed the rules we were explicitly told many times over and it resulted in the aforementioned problem. Everything is always someone ELSE'S fault, never OUR fault and its led to an entitled generation that is coming up today. this attitude has literally made the world a significantly worse place for all of us to live in. Man up, take responsibility for your stupidity, and move on. Expecting monetary gain because you were dumb just due to the fact that a major corporation was involved is borderline childish behaviour.
                            I was kidding.

                            Would any attorney ask for a Disney lifetime pass or a Disney Cruise when he couldn't take a third?

                            BTW, I was also kidding about Chuck Norris at Disneyland, Magicbands 2.0, and proposed slogans for 2014.

                            I though y'all knew me better.

                            Warning: if you read my support for the gondola and waterslide into the Grand Canyon, I will be kidding.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

                              Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                              I was kidding.

                              Would any attorney ask for a Disney lifetime pass or a Disney Cruise when he couldn't take a third?

                              BTW, I was also kidding about Chuck Norris at Disneyland, Magicbands 2.0, and proposed slogans for 2014.

                              I though y'all knew me better.

                              Warning: if you read my support for the gondola and waterslide into the Grand Canyon, I will be kidding.
                              . . . . . . . . ^ ^
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-features.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...isneyland.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...promotion.html

                              And here's an outdated 37-month-old history of Disney (post 14). Also kidding.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-its-baby.html

                              I like you three (the impressively prolific GoofyDonald, the often excellent Sbk123, and Sheriff Lightyear --you're special too!), but here you reminded me of the North Koreans who believed the Onion's announcement of Kim Jung Un as the sexiest man of the year.
                              :vogue:
                              I thought my "on behalf of the people of America" and my third point about fingertips listening to "Small World" forever was a tip off as to my lack of sincerity. Fingertips don't even have ears.

                              I was inspired by PhonyKingofEngland's excellent Monty Python flesh wound link. Thanks, PKoE!

                              I WAS serious about the cats at Disneyland:
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...real-cats.html
                              so I understand the confusion caused by my unpredictable--almost dangerous?--mix of levity & gravity.

                              --Tom Sinsky
                              Last edited by jcruise86; 07-12-2014, 06:15 AM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X