X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News WDW monorail Struck By Lightnig

Disney Monorail Struck By Lightning! - Disney Dining Information

Re: WDW monorail Struck By Lightnig

ORGOCH: Yeah, well, that's just one more reason I never ride that dang monster rail. Been tellin' ya all fer YEARS ta stay away from it. I knows folks that got on that thing that never come back off of it agin!!! It's dangerous!!!

ORDDU: Come along, dear. Time for your medication again.

ORGOCH: Just keep away from me with that dang bottle a meds!!! I don't need it!!

ORWEN: Oh yes you do, old biddy. Now just relax while Orddu and I sit you down and open your mouth!

(Sounds of crashings and smashings followed by choking sounds.)

Comment

Pretty scary. It said they had to climb out of the top hatch. For people with little ones and babies I am sure that must have been difficult.

Comment

An unfortunate experience. Don't think they were ever in danger, even without power the monorail's not gonna tip over or anything. The tweet that's being quoted by someone being a bit overdramatic and "convinced that I'm going to die" is a bit much. :P

Comment

I am 100% sure that the people inside where in no way in harm of the lighting bolt if it hit the train or a power surge in the track. The trains are well insulated so much to the point that it might got just a tad stuffy in the train if the power went out. Some people are a little over dramatic.
          Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
          http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
            Pretty scary. It said they had to climb out of the top hatch. For people with little ones and babies I am sure that must have been difficult.
            I have to agree, just trying to get up there by yourself would be hard.
            sigpic
            "To all who come to this happy place... Welcome!"
            - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
              The tweet that's being quoted by someone being a bit overdramatic and "convinced that I'm going to die" is a bit much. :P
              Idk, I have pretty bad anxiety and I think would have probably started freaking out after a half an hour. Plus, no power means no AC on a packed monorail in the middle of July.

However, once I would have realized that we were going to use the evac hatch, I would have been totally stoked! Think of how few people have ever used that thing! Historical!

"Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X