Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Norway Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway Question

Has anyone read the Walt Disney Imagineering book? It's great! But there's a picture in there with "brave Imagineers" standing in front of a huge Tesla coil shooting off lightning. It says it was being tested for the Norway Pavilion. Where is/was there a Tesla Coil in the Norway pavilion??

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Re: Norway Question

Yes... in the final North Seas scene. Imagine your boat going down the waterfall into a full blown North Sea. You'd plumet into a choppy sea with heavy waves, light rain pouring down on your face, the excitment of real fire burning from the top of the oil rig, and lightning would have struck the oil rig every five seconds scaring the daylights out of you. Most of these elements were later cut from the scene due to a lower budget and safety issues. It's an excellent example of what "could have been" but wasn't.

Comment

I had heard it was originally meant to be much more elaborate (like all of the World Showcase Pavillions), but I never knew those specifics. It's still a fun little ride.

Comment

I just hate how things like to claim you drop backwards into the North Sea. They really like to promote that backwards part...true or not.

Oh I don't know, something says the tesla coil shooting lightning over a water filled room with wet people in the middle could raise a few liability issues. I personally don't miss it, I don't think that scene lacks by any means.

Comment

I never understood that picture, it looked to dangerous in any situation, let alone near water.

Comment

Several elements were removed from Norway's ride - including the idea that every rider had to suit up in rain-gear prior to boarding. The storm at sea was originally planned to be extremely violent.

Comment

Originally posted by KNRG
              Several elements were removed from Norway's ride - including the idea that every rider had to suit up in rain-gear prior to boarding. The storm at sea was originally planned to be extremely violent.
              Can you blame them? ) I mean that seems extreamly unefficient for wht was EPCOT's thrill ride in 1988.

Comment

Yeah it sounds like a LONDON ride you get dressed in a rain coat and get hit by a thunderstorm.

Comment

I think Maelstrom was the first WDW attraction that ever disappointed me upon opening ... because so much was accountaineered out of the budget and it really should have been so much more.

Comment

Well the first half of the Norway ride is cool at least.

Comment

"You are not the first to pass this way..." I count that to see how many times it's said before I board the ship.

Anyway, does anyone have any info on the new movie for Norway? I thought it was already supposed to appear, but haven't heard anything since the intial info. I'm really curious to see if they are still planning on doing it.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X