This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyworld Solo?

Does anyone have any tips for a nineteen year old going by herself to DW? I'd love to go with other people but since I'd be going during school time, it's either a 'go alone or don't go at all and regret it' thing. I'll be staying at All Star Movies from August 29- September 6! I've taken solo trips to DL (this will be my first ever DW trip though) so I already know about single rider lines, but is there anything else? Thanks!

Re: Disneyworld Solo?

Originally posted by Phantomfan123 View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for a nineteen year old going by herself to DW? I'd love to go with other people but since I'd be going during school time, it's either a 'go alone or don't go at all and regret it' thing. I'll be staying at All Star Movies from August 29- September 6! I've taken solo trips to DL (this will be my first ever DW trip though) so I already know about single rider lines, but is there anything else? Thanks!
    When at Epcot, make multiple stops at Club Cool, where you can get unlimited free samples of different sodas around the world. Just don't drink the one called Beverly (it doesn't taste good)
    "The happy haunts have recieved a faldric nomdage." ~Paul Frees

Originally posted by SOTSreleaseplease
    The more Paul Frees, the better I say.

Comment

Hi! I live in Tampa, I am a WDW annual passholder, and I went solo for the first time earlier this year.

I had so much fun! I did whatever I wanted to, and didn't have to vote as a group or deal with little attitudes because he/she didn't get to ride what they wanted to next. I also felt more compelled to act like a kid, probably because I didn't feel the need to act a certain way around whoever I came to the park with. I even played the role of the dinner plate at Enchanted Tales with Belle, which was a lot of fun because I got to be involed with the performance without having to do very much (all I had to do was spin around!) and I got to take a selfie with Belle (who noted my iPhone as a magic mirror!)! I had a great time talking with castmembers, who were all very happy to have a conversation with someone over the age of 10, and other guests who were enjoying the day by themselves or enjoying some time away from their group. I had a nice conversation with a young man of maybe 12 on the top of the Liberty Belle, who was very impressed with the little factoids about the ROA that I told him as we enjoyed our cruise.

My best advice is don't be shy! Meet as many people as you can! Everyone there is just as happy to be at WDW as you!

Also, maybe you could see if any fellow MiceChatters would want to hang out for a couple hours, maybe ride some rides together. There are so many people on here that know so much about WDW, I would love to meet up in the parks with a few of them. I could learn so much!
      Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 07-21-2014, 11:50 AM.

"Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

My vacation in 28 days is a solo one as well. I have done Disneyland solo before, but this is my first time doing WDW solo. I am not new to WDW, but things have changed a lot lately. My last time visiting was last year, but I didn't get to check out much on my own. I was at the mercy of the rest of my party, because we were not staying onsite. The trip before that was way back in 2009. I am really getting excited to do all my favorite things. I only made one ADR, because I want to be more spontaneous, and not tied down my meal times. I have made my fastpass selections, but will need to learn the new system, as I go, or not use it at all, depending on the conditions.

This morning, I downloaded a map of The Magic Kingdom. There's a lot to do, to keep me busy and entertained. I am nost excited about the Memory Maker that I am getting with my package. I love taking pictures of everything.

I love visiting the Monorail Resorts, and the Resorts near Epcot, especially the Beach, and Yacht Club.

I am counting down the days til my first WDW solo trip. I just wish that the Hub was not under construction.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

ORGOCH: Wish I could go ta Walt Dizzy Whirl by my own dang self. But it ain't likely ta happen--not with two losers fer sisters like mine who won't leave me alone er quit stalkin' me no matter how hard I tries ta git away from 'em!! So be glad yer gonna' be by yerself!! I'd give my broomstick fer a chance ta go ta Walt Dizzay Whirl by myself fer a change!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
            When at Epcot, make multiple stops at Club Cool, where you can get unlimited free samples of different sodas around the world. Just don't drink the one called Beverly (it doesn't taste good)
            Oh you HAVE to try Beverly! Don't be a wuss! Yeah it's not the greatest tasting soda in the world but if you can do a "shot" without flinching you'll impress people. :lol:

Ok so I go to WDW by myself all the time (I live in the Tampa Bay area) and it's my preferred way to do the parks. You see everything on YOUR timetable. No whining "I don't wanna go on THAT!" or "I don't wanna see that show!" And no whining "I'm hungry!" or "I'm tired!" when you're not. No attitudes to deal with. It's SO nice. People ask me, "Don't you get lonely when you go by yourself?" Not really. I grew up as an only child, so I'm used to doing things on my lonesome.

Certain rides have single rider lines (Test Track, Rock & Roller Coaster & I think Expedition Everest). Utilize those and use Fastpass+ for other rides/attractions you want to experience.

Since you'll be there a week, take your time and soak it in. Explore the various nooks and crannies throughout the parks. And most of all... HAVE FUN!

Comment

Which one is Beverly? I didn't find any of the sodas too horrible, though a few had bad aftertaste.

Regarding solo trips, I recommend them- my past 2 Disney trips have been solitary, and they actually work better that way- you get to see more things and travel more quickly, because there's no getting separated or going on multiple peoples' ideal trips. You can just do what YOU want to do! Also, you cut the amount of pee-pee stops in half, so there's no waiting around.

Comment

I'm going to be there around the same time and mostly by myself
                Just a lurker now. ._.

WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
                Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X