This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean Accident

Saw this on MousePlanet's WDW Update today, so I thought I should bring this news around here: Walt Disney World Resort Update (Walt Disney World Resort Update) by Marie Rossiter

The part about the accident is about halfway down

Here's a link to the full article in the Sydney Morning Herald: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean ride, says Walt Disney
    "The happy haunts have recieved a faldric nomdage." ~Paul Frees

Originally posted by SOTSreleaseplease
    The more Paul Frees, the better I say.

Re: 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean Accident

without any further information I guess we have to assume, considering they are very similar situations, that the result came of people not listening to simple instructions and keeping their hands inside the vehicle at all times. its a shame people have to get hurt like this because they cant listen.

Comment

"Keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the boat". It's not that hard!!!
      sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

When it was talked about in the Disneyland section (due to the fact that now they are not loading the last row now) someone mentioned how a boy did cut his finger on the ride three months prior. At least it didn't happen again more recently again.

All of the other recent incidents sound more like simple accidents such as falling. However, I do not know why people seem to have a thing for going on rides when they have pre-existing conditions. That's definitely something you can ignore and prevent.

Comment

Look out!! they may close this for safety reasons and replace with a pirate meet and greet.:rant:

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Goofy View Post
            Look out!! they may close this for safety reasons and replace with a pirate meet and greet.:rant:
            lol....Maybe nothing that drastic, but I can see some thoughts going into how to redesign the boats , so that arms cant reach down. How many people have run their hands or fingers in the water . Something simple, as a 3 inch rise on the side of the boat would help.

Comment

I'm going to Disney World in a month. I hope we don't have another Disneyland OSHA incident on our hands that results in half the park being shut down while they coat every surface with bubble wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by redrhino54 View Post
                lol....Maybe nothing that drastic, but I can see some thoughts going into how to redesign the boats , so that arms cant reach down. How many people have run their hands or fingers in the water . Something simple, as a 3 inch rise on the side of the boat would help.
                I imagine something will have to be done, always a knee jerk reaction to fix safety issues. Unfortunately the signs and verbal instructions don't go far enough to ensure safety for some.

Comment

Does anyone know what part of the boat these people were sticking their hands out of? Was it the back of the boat?

"Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                    Does anyone know what part of the boat these people were sticking their hands out of? Was it the back of the boat?
                    I don't think the story even mentioned any information other then the injury sustained. its too bad because it would be good to know a little more. you would think if the guest was clearly violating a rule like keeping both hands inside the vehicle disney would want information out there to show they aren't at fault.

Comment

I read everything. The man was holding on to the edge of the boat. It was probably an unconscious thing. Not really disneys fault, but they might want to take some measures to keep that from happening again. As for the other "injuries" they were all older people who were not in good health who were riding thrill rides, or old people tripping while exiting rides. Not disney's fault. (student RN speaking)

Comment

Might be an unconscious decision and not something they'd think that would harm them, but I also know a lot of the rides there (not sure about POTC) also state to keep your hands on the (lap)bar at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by La Caballera View Post
                          I read everything. The man was holding on to the edge of the boat. It was probably an unconscious thing. Not really disneys fault, but they might want to take some measures to keep that from happening again. As for the other "injuries" they were all older people who were not in good health who were riding thrill rides, or old people tripping while exiting rides. Not disney's fault. (student RN speaking)
                          i was referring to just the latest story about the boy but i agree disney was not at fault in prior cases. i wouldn't think just holding the edge of the boat could do that damage. would it perhaps have been further down the side of the boat?

(Dis Collector) Might be an unconscious decision and not something they'd think that would harm them, but I also know a lot of the rides there (not sure about POTC) also state to keep your hands on the (lap)bar at all times.
                          well I mean no lap bar at pirates but again totally agreed in every one of these cases people disobeyed strict rules that were stated over and over again, they even post little signs inside the boats to remind you 'hey! dont do that" if you ignore all those warnings I say you deserve what happens sadly enough.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X