Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] RFID Tickets Still Available?

My family traveled to Walt Disney World in April, so we are familiar with the Magic Bands, RFID cards and Fastpass+.

In April we were able to go to Guest Relations to exchange our old No Expiration tickets for new RFID tickets. Is this still the case?

Also, we do not have smartphones and prefer to set up our Fastpass+ upon entering the park. Has anything changed with this system since April? Also, do we still set up 3 Fastpasses at just 1 park per day?

This info is for an upcoming January vacation, so if you see any major changes in the works, that'd be helpful as well. Thanks much!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Re: RFID Tickets Still Available?

I don't have a smartphone either but you can sign in onto my disney experience on the disneyworld website on your computer and make fast pass selections there or dining ones too. All you need is your reservation number. You can even change the color you want of your magicbands.

Comment

Re: RFID Tickets Still Available?

Originally posted by Esmeralda View Post
      My family traveled to Walt Disney World in April, so we are familiar with the Magic Bands, RFID cards and Fastpass+.

In April we were able to go to Guest Relations to exchange our old No Expiration tickets for new RFID tickets. Is this still the case?

Also, we do not have smartphones and prefer to set up our Fastpass+ upon entering the park. Has anything changed with this system since April? Also, do we still set up 3 Fastpasses at just 1 park per day?

This info is for an upcoming January vacation, so if you see any major changes in the works, that'd be helpful as well. Thanks much!
      As far as I know, the ticket center only issues RFID card tickets. If you show up and buy your ticket there (or exchange it in your case), they will give you a card, not a MagicBand. MagicBands are only available for purchase in the parks or, if your ticket includes a MagicBand they will send it by mail.

I read over the summer that you can now make FastPass+ selections for other parks in the same day, but you have to wait for your first FastPass+ selections to expire. I have been blacked out since the beginning of June, so I have yet to experience it.

You may also make more FastPass+ selections, once your original 3 selections expire, for more attractions in the same park.

The My Disney Experience App is also available for iPod touch, iPad, and Android tablets that only have wi-fi. Disney provides free wi-fi at all 4 parks, all hotels, and both waterparks. So if you have one of these devices, or someone gets one as a gift for the holidays, bring it to the parks and use it if you don't want to wait in line to use a kiosk, or want to check wait times.

I hope I could be of some help and enjoy your trip!

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X