This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Barbaraann's Frozen Hot, Fun Time at Disney World

I wasn't going to go near the Frozen themed events at Disney World. Sure I saw the animated movie, but I figured, who wanted to wait for maybe hours in lines to meet the stars of the movie? Then I started reading about the Frozen offerings at Disney World. There was a Meet and Greet at Magic Kingdom. There was a parade. A brand new one in Magic Kingdom, where the ladies were featured on a float, along with other Princesses. Then they came up with this brand new idea for Frozen Fun at DHS. Disney's Hollywood Studios. I sometimes still call it MGM. The Frozen Fun was complete with Fireworks. I just love fireworks, and I have never seen them at MGM, or as it is now called DHS. Anna called it Hollywood Land. Olaf, is a favorite of mine, and he was a prominent character in the Frozen Fun.

Well during the long process of planning my trip, making my fastpass plus selections, and reading about all the "cool" Frozen stuff, I changed my mind. I jumped on the Frozen Bandwagon, and I am glad that I did. I had a lot of fun meeting the two ladies. Singing their songs. Getting some magic with Olaf in my pictures, and most of all seeing the Frozen Fireworks, not just once, but four times, in 4 different locations. Figure that one out.

I went to all 4 parks. I actually took a dip in the Pop Century Pool, and I even rode a roller coaster, which I almost never plan on doing. I had fun on my vacation. It was different in so many ways than my past vacations. Isn't that the way it should be?

Disney World is a great place to visit, and have fun, and I certainly did a lot of that. I have the pictures to prove it.

Those are coming up next.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Barbaraann's Frozen Hot, Fun Time at Disney World

I almost always start taking pictures on my vacation, the minute that I get to Ohare Airport here in Chicago. This trip was no different. These first few photos were taken as I waited for my flight to board.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

As you can see, I took a few selfies. Not too many on this trip, but a few on that very first day of my trip. My flight was later in the day, so I was not going to go to a park, but I had something else in mind, to keep me busy.

I splurged for extra legroom on the plane, and that is why I am smiling. That, and the fact, that I was finally leaving on my trip. Some days, I thought the day would never get there. Having the extra room, was sure worth the added expense.

Out of all the flights that I have taken before, I never knew that I could get a cup of tea on the airplane until my last time visiting Disneyland. I ordered tea on this flight, and it sure hit the spot. Cream, with two sugars, just the way I like it.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

This would be the very first time that I ever flew to Orlando by myself. I have been to Orland before, but not alone. I was hoping that I would not get lost. I worried about not being able to find the Magical Express Bus.

The Flight was uneventful. Right on time, and I did what I usually did in the past. I took a picture of the clock in the terminal right after we landed. Suppose to land at 3:30, and as you can see it only took me a few minutes to disembark from the plane, and take that picture.

The next step was finding the way to the Main Terminal. I was successful in finding the shuttle that one has to ride over to the main building in the Orlando Airport.

Next up are all the pictures that I took before I boarded the Magical Express Bus.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Awesome! I always wondered how the Magical Express works. You have to check in at a desk I guess to confirm?

Comment

Weeks before this day, I had gotten one of those new "Magic Bands" in the mail. I had it close at hand when I arrived at the Magical Express desk in the airport, but it was not on my wrist. I read somewhere that you needed it to board the bus. However, they scanned the booklet that they had sent me instead.

One of the Disney employees was kind enough to take my picture in front of the bus that I boarded. After this, I boarded the bus, along with other passengers, and we were shortly on our way. Our destinations were both Art of Animation and Pop Century. I had a reservation at Pop Century.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I was one of the first people to board the bus, so I was able to get a seat close to the front. I checked the time on my watch, and then I put on my Magic Band. It took me a while to get it exactly right on my wrist. The band's color is a bit different than what is shown here. I guess the color is off on my camera.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I sat in front, because I wanted to be able to get some pictures out of the front window of the bus. This is what I got. I am especially happy that I was able to get some great shots of the Walt Disney World Sign.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Art of Animation is the sister resort to Pop Century. That are adjacent to each other separated by Hourglass Lake. They are also very close to the Walt Disney World Sign. These are the photos that I took between dropping off guests at Art of Animation, and being dropped off at Pop Century.

During the Bus ride there was a video playing on the screens in the front of the bus. Mostly promotional, and informative information about Disney World. The video ended with a clip of Walt Disney's "Opening Day Speech" at Disneyland.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Those are some really good shots of AoA.

Comment

After arriving at Pop Century, I headed for the Check In Area inside the Main Pop Century Building. I guess that would be the Lobby Area. I had done onliine check in, but they did not have me set up for anything that I had asked for. So I requested a room in the 60's building, and the gentleman made a few phone calls. I was then given a 3rd floor room in the 60's building, which actually faced the lake. I could not see the lake through the trees, but that was fine. The room was very quiet, and very nice. A bonus, was that it had a King Bed, and a walk in shower. I was even happy about that, though I am normally a tub person. I teased the gentleman about whether my Magic Band would actually open up my door, and he said positively that it would.

I left Classic Hall, and headed to 5332, which was the room number that I had memorized. Much to my surprise, when I arrived there, my Magic Band did not open the door, the way the man had promised me that it would. Now what? Well, I put down my belongings, and found the map that the man had given me. Building 5, Room 5322, was written on the Map, and circled. I was hopelessly trying to get in the wrong room. Felt Foolish. Felt hopeful that the next room I approached, would open with the Band. It did, and when I entered, I took a few pics, of the "surprise King Bed Room". I was expecting 2 double beds, and tub.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

After a brief period in my room of gathering up a few essentials, for my evening out, I left my room. I was headed to the food court, for some food. I was very hungry. I found the food court with no problem. This was not my first time at Pop Century, so I remembered some things from the last time that I stayed there. I ordered a burger and fries, and after eating my dinner, I returned to the Check In Desk to Thank the cast member for my great room. He was busy, so I did not want to detain him too long. He thanked me, and told me to have a wonderful stay.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I soon discovered just how close I was to the Hippy Dippy Pool. The elevator down was very close to my room. From there I was a short walk to the Giant Jungle Icons of Baloo, and Mowgli. That is the name of the boy from Jungle Book, right? I took some pics of the pool, and then I was headed to Hour Glass Lake. I wanted to check out the sister resort of Art of Animation. I knew that if I did not do that tonite, I probably would not get a chance later on during my trip.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I've been looking forward to your report Barbaraann and all your photos. Keep it coming - I am enjoying it a lot.

Comment

I had no trouble finding the Bridge, called Generation Gap, that was the walkway to the Art of Animation Resort. These are some of the pics that I took while I explored the resort for a short amount of time.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X