Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Taking camera on Splash Mountain?

I'm going back down to Florida in a few weeks, and was thinking about which attractions I want to take pictures on. I've never done any Splash Mountain before due to being worried about getting my DSLR wet. Any tips for where to sit in the log/things to do??
    Last edited by Disneygeekgirl71; 08-29-2014, 04:15 PM.

Re: Taking camera on Splash Mountain?

I have seen people tape plastic around the whole camera, leaving the lens exposed. I don't know about tips on not getting wet, it's really hit or miss. It all depends on if your log stops really. I've been soaked in every seat, so good luck!

"Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

I've had my phone out taking photos before on Splash(no flash of course), but I usually sit in the 3rd or 4th row and keep my bag open and pushed against the seat in front of me so I can easily slide it back in the bag during the 50 foot plunge into the briar patch. I would find some sort of large bag where just the lens can stick out, or they might even have waterproof cases online.

Comment

Mom mom has taken her video camera on the ride before. If I remember correctly as you go up for the big drop she would turn it off and place it on the side of her between whoever she was sitting by and kind of leaned over it. Her video camera came out fine.

I take my camera along on my belt pack in a leather case and it has never gotten wet. I don't take pictures on rides but if I did I would just slip into the case before the big drop and then after get it out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
          If I remember correctly as you go up for the big drop she would turn it off and place it on the side of her between whoever she was sitting by and kind of leaned over it. Her video camera came out fine.
          The logs on Splash are sinlge seated.

[0|0|0|0]

"Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

Not at WDW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	120621013547-prince-william-1993-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	7356868

Comment

The logs have always been double seated on ours. Disneyland's is single seated.

Comment

It can be done. Considering Chris Colfer was actually able to take video of himself during the drop. Here's the clip.

ChrisColferNews - @chriscolfer The trick is not losing your phone…...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X