Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

One disaster after another...no magic for us at DisneyWorld

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report One disaster after another...no magic for us at DisneyWorld

x
    Last edited by notatallmagic; 10-22-2014, 11:26 AM.

Re: One disaster after another...no magic for us at DisneyWorld

Originally posted by notatallmagic View Post
    To start, Disney's main C/S number has no way to book a gifttrip for a party of 10. They repeatedly insisted on 3 different reservations,which they INSISTED I could manage by linking them on the My Disney Experienceapp (not so). This insistence on booking 3 reservations with 3 emails resultedin my family members being sent emails showing how much I paid for their trip(I was told this would NEVER happen); and the inability to link our FastPassreservations for Be Our Guest (the concierge was able to fix this-greatgirl-but I spent over an hour waiting in line...). How is it possible that agreat company like Disney can't find a way to book a trip for a party of 10?
    This seems really odd to me, I've done a group trip in the past and usually at least from my experience and others that i have seen, disney is super accommodating with these situations even offering special group rates and everything along with their own section on the website specifically dealing with groups and group issues. they also have a separate customer service line specifically designated for large groups requiring less then ten rooms, if you decide to do this in the future I recommend you try that option for better accommodation.

Then the Magic Band fiasco-every day there was aproblem-room keys that didn't work (once while we were in swim suits, lockedout of our rooms); Dining Plan didn't work (randomly - it worked sometimes forsome members of the same party, but never consistently). I gave this trip as agift, and assured my family that they would not need to pay for things (as mostare not able), so several of my family members were stranded in the parks withno way to pay for meals and snacks..and it was over 90 degrees and several hadyoung children. The links we had set up to my credit card worked only sporadically;and when the hotel put a credit on our account to attempt to apologize for theinconvenience - that didn't work! Their solution was for me to have the membersof my party collect receipts and they would reimburse me-have you tried tocollect 4 days’ worth of receipts from 10 people? And then STAND IN LINE AGAINto collect your money back? Crazy. The worst part though was the manager, BRUCE, at the AllStar Sports resort (I can say though that Sanami at the Guest Services desk atEpcot was wonderful, as was Jose’ at All Star Sports). The problems wereevident from the first minute of our check-in; but instead of attempting toapologize and be sympathetic, Bruce never once came over (the desk staff waswonderful), but would glare at me, and refused to accommodate simple requests.For example, I had set up "Magic Transport" to take 3 members of theparty back to the airport. I'd set it up; confirmed it the day before the trip- but when I called the desk the day before they were set to leave, there wasno record of the reservation! So I had to spend several hours attempting theset up again; and was told to stop by the desk in the morning to pick up thevouchers, which of course were not there. Two members of my party are inwheelchairs, so I was a bit panicked not to have transport to the airport.Spent another hour+, and was able to get tax vouchers, but not after wastingalmost 4 hours solving an issue that had been set up months before andconfirmed the day before the trip. If you can see that a guest is havingREPEATED issues, step in and fix things! Don’t make them come back timeand time again, and then glare at them when they do…Pathetic. I can only say that I'm disgusted with how far Disney hasfallen. We've had minor problems with the Magic Bands before, but nothing likethis. Instead of being able to enjoy my family's last trip together andrelaxing with my kids, I was constantly fixing messes and standing in line -I'll bet my kids spent more time waiting on the couches in the lobby by theconcierge desk than they spent riding rides in the parks. This isn't time I'llever get back, and that's the worst part of it all. Shame on you Disney -if your technology doesn't work, don't pretend it does. You ruined our trip.
    It seems like that beginning just spiralled into a worst case scenario for your group. thats really too bad to hear and I'm sorry thats the way you had to spend your vacation. all I can say is that this one sucky experience isn't indicative of the resort as a whole. my vacation in april/may with a rather large group went off without a hitch, only one minor issue and that was dealt with immediately, couldn't say better things about caribbean beach and its staff, particularily as I've noted a couple times a couple members of their luggage team who I actually called the resort back to leave positive remarks about them for which I rarely do. some of the best service I've ever had at disney and thats coming from someone that has oftentimes stayed at deluxe hotels.

Comment

I wonder how many other guests actually run into these crazy issues..A huge investment was made and I would be just as furious if my family's trip was so messed up like this. I am surprised that Disney did not do more to rectify the situation. If this happens in mass, Disney will have a a Mountain of a PR problem. Not the kind of mountain they want at there parks. notatallmagic, sounds like your trip had zero magic.

Comment

I feel so bad for you. Complain to Disney and I hope they give you credit for a free stay or something

Comment

I can't believe Disney let this happen! I would be on the phone with them until I was compensated for a terrible experience that can never get a do over. 10 people is more than your average family vacationing at WDW, but they have entire teams stay for conventions all the time! I hope you get things fixed.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Then the Magic Band fiasco-every day there was aproblem-room keys that didn't work (once while we were in swim suits, lockedout of our rooms); Dining Plan didn't work (randomly - it worked sometimes forsome members of the same party, but never consistently)....

...I can only say that I'm disgusted with how far Disney hasfallen. We've had minor problems with the Magic Bands before, but nothing likethis. Instead of being able to enjoy my family's last trip together andrelaxing with my kids, I was constantly fixing messes and standing in line -I'll bet my kids spent more time waiting on the couches in the lobby by theconcierge desk than they spent riding rides in the parks. This isn't time I'llever get back, and that's the worst part of it all. Shame on you Disney -if your technology doesn't work, don't pretend it does. You ruined our trip.
            I can share you disgust with the magic bands... they are a pain in the backside. Fortunately we didn't get left out of our rooms on our trip, but the folks in the cabin right by us did. We called the front desk for them because their door wouldn't open, and it was over an hour before anyone came to let them in. Otherwise my only personal complaint with them is that it takes so long for them to go green when you are trying to enter the park.... How can they have such crappy readers at the park entrance where you have to make sure they the little mickey ears are perfectly lined up against the reader, where on rides that take photos the ride manages to scan you without you even knowing you were scanned? Seems they invested a lot of money into the scanners they put on rides like Space Mountain but not much on the front gate readers. If they can scan me as I simply get onto a ride they should be able to eliminate the front gate scanners completely and scan me as I'm walking through the gate.

Comment

I was so shocked too - I started with the number that I've always used (3 times before) and explained that this trip was a GIFT for 10 people - and that I was coordinated everything, including paying for it. For heavens sake - my mom and sister don't even use the internet - why in the world would I want to link their room to an email other than mine...arghhh. And the Magic Transport mess had me in tears - 2 folks needing assistance, and no ride to the airport. The worst was the meal issue - my brother's family with the 2 little kids couldn't get any of their meal plan to work. He's a proud guy, and wasn't giving me the receipts for all their meals and snacks in the park; his wife finally told me, but he didn't have receipts for everything - and then at the end of the stay they had a bunch of meals left unused. So I'll never know how much of their money (that they don't have) they had to use - and we wasted the $$ I spent for their mean plan. The hardest part for me is that I so wanted to spend this time enjoying my mom enjoying her grandkids - creating those memories that we won't have in the coming years. Instead, I was down at the customer service desk for hours. I was never even offered a phone number that didn't result in waiting on hold for hours too. If my employer operated with such terrible service, we wouldn't last six months. How can Disney think that treating a repeat customer this way is in any way ok?

Comment

I was so shocked too - I started with the number that I've always used (3 times before) and explained that this trip was a GIFT for 10 people - and that I was coordinated everything, including paying for it. For heavens sake - my mom and sister don't even use the internet - why in the world would I want to link their room to an email other than mine...arghhh. And the Magic Transport mess had me in tears - 2 folks needing assistance, and no ride to the airport. The worst was the meal issue - my brother's family with the 2 little kids couldn't get any of their meal plan to work. He's a proud guy, and wasn't giving me the receipts for all their meals and snacks in the park; his wife finally told me, but he didn't have receipts for everything - and then at the end of the stay they had a bunch of meals left unused. So I'll never know how much of their money (that they don't have) they had to use - and we wasted the $$ I spent for their mean plan. The hardest part for me is that I so wanted to spend this time enjoying my mom enjoying her grandkids - creating those memories that we won't have in the coming years. Instead, I was down at the customer service desk for hours. I was never even offered a phone number that didn't result in waiting on hold for hours too. If my employer operated with such terrible service, we wouldn't last six months. How can Disney think that treating a repeat customer this way is in any way ok?
                We did notice that the number of bad CMs seemed to have increased significantly from a few years ago... In trips past I might have encountered one CM that didn't seem to be playing the part of a happy worker... This trip was half as long as most in the past and yet I would have a run in with at least one if not more CMs that shouldn't be working in customer service... My favorites were the multiple parking lot attendants that wouldn't take note of the parking pass in the window that would then berate me for not displaying it where it could be more easily seen (uh, the pass isn't smaller because I made it smaller its smaller because Disney decided to make them smaller since they were the ones that gave it too me, and I didn't choose to put it on the dash, that's where the Disney instructions said to put it).... Oh and the Eyore character that practically pushed our daughter back into her chair so he could run off to the other table to do his requisite meet and greet... In the end I walked away convinced that the nice workers are now all working at Chik-fil-a and Disney has started hiring disgruntled airline stewardesses... such is the level of happiness of the current crop of CMs.
                Last edited by Mackster; 10-22-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Truly sorry to hear about this and the failure of the system to hold onto info - when my family went last November, we pointedly requested the KTTW scan card also and never wore the magic bands, had no trouble whatsoever in accessing room, theme parks, etc. I have heard a lot bad about the reliability of the MB and FP+ systems, failed scans, etc - Disney really, really needs to fix that.

I will say every single CM we encountered though was helpful and polite across the board over 8 days of vacation - we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and found the CM's over at Universal Orlando even better and more engaged than at Disney. A true shame if more 'bad eggs' are stocked in the value resorts at WDW, less patient people, bad customer service more the 'norm' - so I very much hope that isn't the case.
                  when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

We're so sorry you had your vacation ruined by (ironically titled) My Magic+. My husband and I have been wanting to return to WDW for our ten year anniversary but since they started the new FP+, we were afraid of having an experience like the one you had. Thank you so much for sharing your experience so that we can plan a trip to Hawaii instead of wasting our time and money on WDW.

I do hope that you try to obtain some compensation from WDW since they ruined your family's once-in-a-lifetime vacation together. That's just not right and I hope you're able to work something out. If you used credit cards, you might want to consider disputing charges for some of your trip (just a suggestion) and/or dispute the charges directly with WDW hotels for the disruptions they caused for your family's trip. Disneyland has always been very customer-oriented and goes out of their way to ensure their guests' experiences are good ones. It's sad to hear that WDW staff are so poorly trained that they treat their guests the way you were treated.

Wishing you a better experience for your next family get-together.

Comment

x
                      Why did you delete your post?

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Same reason he only has 1(2) posts. Joined mice chat to spread bad paper on WDW. NOTHING he said coincides with the way Disney does business. NOTHING ......

Comment

Originally posted by redrhino54 View Post
                          Same reason he only has 1(2) posts. Joined mice chat to spread bad paper on WDW. NOTHING he said coincides with the way Disney does business. NOTHING ......
                          Hence the first line of my first reply:
                          Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                          I can't believe Disney let this happen!

Comment

His screen name says it all. I find it a little hard to believe that with all the planning he had to do, he didn't seem to catch the correct name of Magical Express. I smell a rat (and it is not Mickey).

For those "afraid" to visit WDW due to FP+ or MyMagic+ in my personal experience we had no problems and MANY of my clients who have travelled to WDW have had little or no issues.

Comment

From what I have encountered regarding issues with the Magic Bands, over 95% of the issues are issues that the guest creates because they do not link the room reservation or tickets correctly to My Disney Experience, or they have too many people trying to "plan" everything. The majority of guests that I have noticed love the Magic Bands.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X