Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

One disaster after another...no magic for us at DisneyWorld

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One disaster after another...no magic for us at DisneyWorld

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    Since you have been around MC for 5 years, I am sure you know that every post you have ever made has been saved in a link on your profile. I took a quick glance and see that you frequent the DL forum and generally have nice things to say. That's why your recent post here threw me off.

Why would you have accepted another night in the same hotel if you felt it had not met your expectations? I would have asked them to move me to another resort if I had that many issues with the room and houskeeping. At a cost of $9k, I would make sure Disney would make me happy.

As for the food poisoning, did you and your family only eat on WDW property all six days? Did you see doctors? If WDW poisoned my family, I would have called a lawyer.
    Thanks again for your reply. I asked to be moved to another hotel, and the manager of the hotel would not accommodate us. They offered either an additional night, or a credit for one night, so I chose to receive the credit. I admit that this was generous, but it took me getting to the point of being totally angry and complaining for over an hour and losing sleep all of which detracted from my vacation.

As far as the food poisoning, that is what I meant by the legalese. My wife and daughter each went to the first aid because they were about to pass out, and they said "you have to go to a doctor for it to be diagnosed." If I went to the hospital that would have taken a whole day from our vacation not to mention that we were getting sick on a rotating basis that made each of us sick on a different day.

I understand what you are saying that I could have continued to complain and perhaps I could have gotten more money back or a future benefit, but I was just really heartbroken by the whole experience.

In essence I was a huge WDW fan because I had a great 3 day vacation there in 1989 as a child with my father. But when I came in 2010 it was pretty sad. I love a lot of things about WDW and I would have a lot of nice things to say about it given the topic.

I am not a negative by default person, and I hope to look for the best in things. I hope that I can return to WDW and have a better experience. I am actually pretty disappointed with WDW and DL overall since they just dont measure up to the experience I had as a child and I think it is an issue of not spending the budget on entertainment, hospitality, etc.

But again every vacation is different I hope to return in the future and plan to enjoy the MB and MDE to the extent possible. I know that if I lived near WDW and I could attend every year, I would find all kinds of treasures and have a slightly different experience each time. But I just happened to have a horrible snowball experience that turned me off a little. Now if it happened two times in a row that would really be a different story.

Comment

In essence I was like ok I can spend several hours complaining or try to make the most of this. And once it was done, I guess I could have gone to a greater length to complain, but I just was over it.

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
        Since you have been around MC for 5 years, I am sure you know that every post you have ever made has been saved in a link on your profile. I took a quick glance and see that you frequent the DL forum and generally have nice things to say. That's why your recent post here threw me off.

Why would you have accepted another night in the same hotel if you felt it had not met your expectations? I would have asked them to move me to another resort if I had that many issues with the room and houskeeping. At a cost of $9k, I would make sure Disney would make me happy.

As for the food poisoning, did you and your family only eat on WDW property all six days? Did you see doctors? If WDW poisoned my family, I would have called a lawyer.
        agreed PHF, also regional matters do generally play a role in these things. to provide a counter argument the beach club is without question my favourite WDW resort, I have stayed there I believe 5 times, and each time has been without any significant issue (the worst I can remember was that the room I got looked a little roughed up and needed a bit of refurbishment, mentioned this to a CM and they had me moved to a better room within hours of my meeting with them). Sure there are going to be isolated incidents here and there with thousands upon thousands of people coming and staying at disney each year, thats simply a fact of life, but by no means is it indicative of the resort or any one hotel as a whole. in comparison with the vast majority of hotel experiences disney world's deluxe offerings are up there with the best in terms of customer satisfaction.

I mean sure potentially this did happen, to suggest someone is lying is a pretty bold statement and theres really no way to prove it. Its just for not only:

1) The "head board of the bed" in a room thats been used many many times (the hotel had been open for 2 decades at the point of the poster's visit) to "not be set up correctly" (why would they take apart the beds in the rooms?)

2) The patio door of your room to be left open by housekeeping (a potentially fireable offence),

3) your entire family getting food poisoning from a disney restaurant (which would clearly prompt a statement from the company of some kind as if your whole group got sick then clearly at least some other people from the restaurant or service stand would have had to have gotten sick as well, and furthermore is not necessarily an inditement of beach club but of the resort as a whole unless you are suggesting you got ill at the resort),

4) and the boats AND hot tubs to not be working (which is luck of the draw for the hot tubs, but an extremely odd occurrence for the boats),

it seems like a lot of terrible coincidences would have to occur for all that to be packed in to one vacation. this is especially true for a resort listed as 4-4.5 stars on all major travel websites. furthermore regarding travel as someone that has been to disney many times, the claims made regarding transportation and fastpasses are simply untrue except if the poster came during one of the busiest times of the year. obviously during christmas with its very high volume transit times are going to increase, but not a single time in my many trips has it ever taken me two hours to get from one park to another or from one hotel to another/or a park period. even if for the sake of argument the busses were so out of whack that transport times reached those levels the beach club is the best hotel in the whole place for transport... want to get to hollywood studios? its an easy 30 minute walk, or take a bus, or water taxi. Epcot? you're already there, walk right through the international gateway. Magic Kingdom? international gateway back through the entrance to the monorail, take them right up to the park, or bus. Animal kingdom and DTD sure are bus only but you only go there once out of your vacation anyways for the most part and because of their sole transportation modes generally have solid service.as for fastpasses so long as you didn't get there (in the time of the paper fp) in the mid afternoon on any average day at DHS you could generally still get a FP for Tot or rockin rollercoaster. furthermore regarding the food I would love to hear where else you ate just out of curiosity considering you criticized the quality of the fair.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Just as a side note. I dont feel any need to defend my experiences. If anyone doesnt believe my experiences are real, that is a narrow minded viewpoint. In other words an individual can only believe that whatever has happened to them can happen to someone else? Of course it was many coincidences, that is what made it so awful. And it could happen to anyone even if not that often.

Goofy Donald to answer your questions.
          1. At first I was like oh this is kinda wierd the headboard moves, then several days in I realized that it was not attached to the wall. This is when I blew my top.
          2. The patio door was left open, and this is when the housekeeping manager arranged to give me a free night credit. This was the one person who actually helped me instead of denying that anything was their fault and wasting my time.
          3. We got sick. Whether or not it was caused by the food from the hotel, or disney restaurants or the water or just due to travel fatigue nobody will ever know because we did not go to the hospital. What I do remember is that the floors in the restaurants were filthy and looked like they hadnt been properly swept and this left us with the feeling that we were sick due to the food. There is no proof one way or the other.
          4. The boats were being refurbed and the hotel manager said "well we still have busses, so from a service standpoint you are still receiving what was advertised". Yes the back entrance to Epcot was nice, but didnt really help get to DHS. The hot tubs I dont remember why they werent working.

As far as the fare of the resorts, we ate at the Lady and the tramp italian restaurant the first night which was not very good (and the floors were dirty), the british pub in epcot which the pot pie was really bland (atmosphere was great and the beer sampler), we ate at the brown derby where I got a fish dish which was salty and just ok....not up to the quality of the price and the floors were dirty. I did love the buffet at Animal Kingdom!

Anyway I am just sharing my experience with anyone who happens to be reading this. I dont know why I need to defend myself to GoofyDonald and PlutoHasFleas. This is a community for everyone to share their views. Not just those who agree with you. BTW you have every right to disagree with me but you dont have to make comments about me.

Comment

Apologies, bespinally. I don't mean to make you feel like you need to defend yourself. I am just trying to get an acurate portrayal of what happened as descriptive as possible, so if a future guest experiences this, they can act accordingly.

Again, being poisoned by WDW is a serious legal issue. If anyone encounters this in the future, please go to a hospital and contact a lawyer. Disney will move quick to make things right, even as far as to pay for medical bills, especially with a litigious presence looming overhead.

It seems to me you took the extra night, enjoyed what you could, and took the trip for what you got. Now, looking back you feel slighted. If you would have spoke up at the time, and taken the proper reactions to your specific issues, you would have been compensated accordingly.

I can't get over the food poisoning thing. If my entire family was sick with the same symptoms, and I had reciepts for my dining, I would head straight to the hospital with a lawyer on the phone on the way.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

This thread started out as a trip report. Then the original OP withdrew the first post, and decided not to return after having just two posts altogether on MiceChat.

I have been lucky. My vacations at/to Disney themeparks, for the most part have been successful. Traveling to WDW, for me is a costly endeavor. I'd be really aggravated if I had encountered multiple problems such as has those shared here.

Many people choose to complain, and many people choose not to when these things happen. Millions of people have visited WDW since it opened in 1971. I suppose that most people are delighted to have visited. Then again, there are those who go home quite unhappy, and choose to not return. When these less than desirable vacations are shared, it is to be expected that others will tell you what they would have done differently. Sometimes a person just wants to vent.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by bespinally View Post
                Thank you for your reply.

Just as a side note. I dont feel any need to defend my experiences. If anyone doesnt believe my experiences are real, that is a narrow minded viewpoint. In other words an individual can only believe that whatever has happened to them can happen to someone else? Of course it was many coincidences, that is what made it so awful. And it could happen to anyone even if not that often.

Goofy Donald to answer your questions.
                1. At first I was like oh this is kinda wierd the headboard moves, then several days in I realized that it was not attached to the wall. This is when I blew my top.
                2. The patio door was left open, and this is when the housekeeping manager arranged to give me a free night credit. This was the one person who actually helped me instead of denying that anything was their fault and wasting my time.
                3. We got sick. Whether or not it was caused by the food from the hotel, or disney restaurants or the water or just due to travel fatigue nobody will ever know because we did not go to the hospital. What I do remember is that the floors in the restaurants were filthy and looked like they hadnt been properly swept and this left us with the feeling that we were sick due to the food. There is no proof one way or the other.
                4. The boats were being refurbed and the hotel manager said "well we still have busses, so from a service standpoint you are still receiving what was advertised". Yes the back entrance to Epcot was nice, but didnt really help get to DHS. The hot tubs I dont remember why they werent working.

As far as the fare of the resorts, we ate at the Lady and the tramp italian restaurant the first night which was not very good (and the floors were dirty), the british pub in epcot which the pot pie was really bland (atmosphere was great and the beer sampler), we ate at the brown derby where I got a fish dish which was salty and just ok....not up to the quality of the price and the floors were dirty. I did love the buffet at Animal Kingdom!

Anyway I am just sharing my experience with anyone who happens to be reading this. I dont know why I need to defend myself to GoofyDonald and PlutoHasFleas. This is a community for everyone to share their views. Not just those who agree with you. BTW you have every right to disagree with me but you don't have to make comments about me.
                ...I never made comments about you. moving on however,

regarding travel yes it does help to stay at beach club for DHS lol, I walk there from the hotel every time I stay there unless I'm absolutely exhausted. if transport was as bad as you suggest doing that is a no brainer. even IF they have boats going, walking is typically faster anyways as long as you go at a moderate pace.

regarding the fare, I think it more has to do with your selections then the resort. brown derby is overrated in my humble opinion, and the other two restaurants you had issue with are typically lower quality table service locations food wise based upon the other offerings in their respective parks. if you would like recommendations in the future I could help you out there.

finally regarding the illness I would hazard to guess it was not food related and just unfortunate luck of the draw based upon how these illnesses work. unless you happened to all be sharing the same dish, the chances of it being your sole isolated experience would have been extremely minute, and even under those circumstances it would still be relatively rare.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                  ...I never made comments about you. moving on however,

regarding travel yes it does help to stay at beach club for DHS lol, I walk there from the hotel every time I stay there unless I'm absolutely exhausted. if transport was as bad as you suggest doing that is a no brainer. even IF they have boats going, walking is typically faster anyways as long as you go at a moderate pace.

regarding the fare, I think it more has to do with your selections then the resort. brown derby is overrated in my humble opinion, and the other two restaurants you had issue with are typically lower quality table service locations food wise based upon the other offerings in their respective parks. if you would like recommendations in the future I could help you out there.

finally regarding the illness I would hazard to guess it was not food related and just unfortunate luck of the draw based upon how these illnesses work. unless you happened to all be sharing the same dish, the chances of it being your sole isolated experience would have been extremely minute, and even under those circumstances it would still be relatively rare.

Thanks for the healthy discourse. You are probably right about the illness. Maybe it's just sour grapes because everything else went so bad that I just always lump that in their when I tell the story. It was probably a stomach flu or something. In the end there is no way to prove it one way or the other and people do get sick at random times especially when stressed including potentially the stress from flying half way around the world and then positive stress of having so much fun in MK, AK etc. It's probably not fair to blame Disney....but then again it might have been. But yeah everyone was sick to their stomach....

I appreciate the offer for recommendations in the future as I hope to return to WDW in June and I will need some advice. I want to eat at Canada! If it goes like last time I will be pretty unhappy, but perhaps I will be more prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

On a side note check out one of my first posts "Epcot then and now" which was an emotional walk down memory lane for many who enjoyed Epcot as children in the 90's.

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...-then-now.html

Comment

I do not like the new system. I preferred things back when paper FPs were still being used (especially since half the things that have FP+ do NOT need it).
                      Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                      May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                      May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                      May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                      Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                      Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                      May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Ya I agree that the fastpass issue of picking all 3 as a group isn't a good idea. I don't normally use the FP, but this time we had the option to do it before the trip so we figured we should. Going through the system I didn't like that you had to pick a "group". I would have been happy to save a couple to use once I got there and saw what was going on in the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by maddogjoe View Post
                          Ya I agree that the fastpass issue of picking all 3 as a group isn't a good idea. I don't normally use the FP, but this time we had the option to do it before the trip so we figured we should. Going through the system I didn't like that you had to pick a "group". I would have been happy to save a couple to use once I got there and saw what was going on in the parks.
                          This is not true. My GF & I are APs and I can book FastPass+ for either of us individually. Even for seperate parks.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X