Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

When do you think Star Wars Land will be announced?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When do you think Star Wars Land will be announced?

I just gotta ask straight up, because I'm curious to know more about this and what people's best guesses are...

When do you think Disney will make an announcement about Star Wars Land?
    (And the rest of their plans for Hollywood Studios for that matter.)

If nothin's doin' for the 3rd gate in Anaheim, and the supposed 5th gate at WDW is simply a one in a million probability, then I hope to God they get plans moving soon on some awesome happenings for what used to be my favorite park in Disney World. Avatarland and DisneySprings are cool and all, but personally I'm really hoping Disney gives us something bigger and better to look forward to... and soon!

The D23 expo seems too far away, I feel like there's too much time between now and then for Disney not to announce any plans for DHS. My dream would be for Disney to give us a Christmas gift by showing us awesome and amazing plans for DHS, and at D23 announce the 3rd park for Disneyland Resort (obvious wishful thinking).

Re: When do you think Star Wars Land will be announced?

Well, no one really knows the exact plans for DHS. Will it just be SWL? Just a Pixar Place extension? Both? More than that? Depending on the scale of the project depends on when they will announce it. Also, plans might no yet be finalized.

Comment

I would be surprised if Star Wars additions (I am not going to call it a land yet) to DHS weren't announced by the time Star Wars VII was released next December. Marvel and Star Wars are going to both be huge franchises for Disney until at least the end of the decade and since they are limited at what they can do with Marvel in Florida, I would think there would be a major Star Wars push. Now the real question is, is this push a couple M&Gs and maybe some scenes added to Star Tours, or will it be something much more substantial.

Disney's choice on when and where they do these announcements is sometime puzzling. The new concept art for Avatar and the other additions to AK wasn't done at the US D23 in 2013, but instead at D23 Japan a couple weeks later. The Frozen additions to the Norway pavilion weren't announced during the Making of Frozen special on ABC, but instead out of the blue on the parks blog a couple weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
        Well, no one really knows the exact plans for DHS. Will it just be SWL? Just a Pixar Place extension? Both? More than that? Depending on the scale of the project depends on when they will announce it. Also, plans might no yet be finalized.
        you have to remember a massive project of that scale will come in stages with each piece announced probably in separate intervals. they could have one huge announcement but they would probably make a big special occasion out of it.

as for when exactly they announce the star wars expansion, expect them to do so depending on how far along their other projects are. disney springs is scheduled for completion in 2016 while avatar land has a 2017 opening date, meaning I would expect an announcement sometime mid to late next year with ground breaking in early 2016, more likely then not as soon as the holliday busy season ends, again all depending on if they stay on their current construction schedules for avatar and disney springs. if they cannot do so then expect them to delay announcements and groundbreaking accordingly so therefore best case realistic scenario in my mind would be the D23 expo in august of next year for the announcement and construction beginning at some point in 2016 depending on how the other projects go.

Comment

Hopefully D23 because I will be there!

Comment

I think all indications are that this will be a huge expansion/Reinvisioning of of DHS. I would expect it to announce both at the same time.

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
            you have to remember a massive project of that scale will come in stages with each piece announced probably in separate intervals. they could have one huge announcement but they would probably make a big special occasion out of it.

as for when exactly they announce the star wars expansion, expect them to do so depending on how far along their other projects are. disney springs is scheduled for completion in 2016 while avatar land has a 2017 opening date, meaning I would expect an announcement sometime mid to late next year with ground breaking in early 2016, more likely then not as soon as the holliday busy season ends, again all depending on if they stay on their current construction schedules for avatar and disney springs. if they cannot do so then expect them to delay announcements and groundbreaking accordingly so therefore best case realistic scenario in my mind would be the D23 expo in august of next year for the announcement and construction beginning at some point in 2016 depending on how the other projects go.

They usually make their big announcements at D23 to give people more of a reason to go, that was where they announced the HUGE Fantasyland Expansion. Though sometimes they make their announcements at wierd opportune times..

They also have shown to change parts of a project midway through, so until it's completed we really will have no idea on the final result.
            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
            -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
              They usually make their big announcements at D23 to give people more of a reason to go, that was where they announced the HUGE Fantasyland Expansion. Though sometimes they make their announcements at wierd opportune times..

They also have shown to change parts of a project midway through, so until it's completed we really will have no idea on the final result.
              agreed that is why I thought D23 2015 as it was logical from a timeline sense and from the perspective that they usually do things at this time anyways.

Comment

I just hope that when it happens, they come up with a more creative name than "Star wars land".....lol

Comment

Originally posted by redrhino54 View Post
                  I just hope that when it happens, they come up with a more creative name than "Star wars land".....lol
                  "NEW Star Wars Land"

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

lol i hope the same thing, i think they might name it tatooine possibly but starwars is probable as well.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                      lol i hope the same thing, i think they might name it tatooine possibly but starwars is probable as well.
                      Unlikely, as the entrance to ST is themed as Endor.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Disney's Star Wars Land... no wait, Disney Star Wars Land

Comment

Disney's Star Wars Land... no wait, Disney Star Wars Land
                          Hahaha, nice!

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                            Unlikely, as the entrance to ST is themed as Endor.
                            ^can always be changed but i agree thats a hurdle since its very well done. it will be interesting to see what they come up with, can already see the nerds freaking out now because the mos eisley cantina is a few steps away from ewoks lol

Comment

A lot of people are saying they won't announce anything till D23 in August or some other time in the latter part of 2015. But here's the thing: with so many attractions closed/being closed, would Disney let such a big percentage of the park be closed without announcing what's to come? In other words, for the average Disney fan who doesn't keep up to date with news and rumors the way us MiceChatters do, and would look at the park and say, "this park has tons of rides closed, what the hell?" wouldn't Disney have to address the situation in some manner? How long would/could they let one of their theme parks go on with a huge chunk of its attractions closed without what the purpose is behind these closures? I read somewhere that there may be work started in the early part of the new year. I hope that's true and I hope we get some official announcements, concept art, etc soon!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X