Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

When do you think Star Wars Land will be announced?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do you think Star Wars Land will be announced?

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    yeah I wouldn't trust anything CM's say unless they actually in the higher ups physically making the decisions, they know just as much as any average fan about whats going on. but clearly I was right about the stunt show if you put any merit in what they say .

as for the track for TSMM I'm still not totally convinced thats whats coming but if they do do that for one it tells you that the expansion is probably going to be less then we expect from the pixar side of things. if they were bringing in more top end attractions there would be no need to expand the capacity for midway mania so outside of the flat rides we can probably assume to expect the lesser radiator springs racers and maybe the monsters door coaster but one of those might have been axed. furthermore just nit-picking here, however when people say the "third track" thats simply wrong. they won't just add one one track on the other duplicate building, they will just mirror what they did on the original side, making it a 4 track ride.
    Maybe they see the TSMM track as a short term fix while the longer term refurb is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post
      Maybe they see the TSMM track as a short term fix while the longer term refurb is going on.
      building essentially an entire new duplicate attraction just to serve as as bandaid for a few years? I buy that far less. if they do do this, they are expanding the capacity as they view it as a centrepiece of the area that needs to take on major capacity.

Comment

No, too expensive for that, and it doesn't make sense. The lines are way too big and it needs relief. Also, they could potentially build an entire separate ride similar in size to TSMM but based on a different franchise. If GMR ever closes, there would be no true dark ride at DHS, so one would probably be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
          No, too expensive for that, and it doesn't make sense. The lines are way too big and it needs relief. Also, they could potentially build an entire separate ride similar in size to TSMM but based on a different franchise. If GMR ever closes, there would be no true dark ride at DHS, so one would probably be needed.
          This is happening, but its coming near the tail end of the work. I've heard mutterings that its replacement however will be similar in concept and trackless.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
            building essentially an entire new duplicate attraction just to serve as as bandaid for a few years? I buy that far less. if they do do this, they are expanding the capacity as they view it as a centrepiece of the area that needs to take on major capacity.
            Not trying to say that it is just a Band-Aid. The added capacity will still be beneficial even if they build more rides since in theory more new rides will increase attendance. My point was that this is something they can get built quick to help combat capacity problems that are likely to crop up if they start closing more attractions for the DHS-re-do.

It also appears that his is becoming a trend as a cheap, quick way to increase ride capacity. They did it with Dumbo, and are doing it with Soarin, so it's not surprising that they are doing it with TSMM.

Comment

Not trying to say that it is just a Band-Aid. The added capacity will still be beneficial even if they build more rides since in theory more new rides will increase attendance. My point was that this is something they can get built quick to help combat capacity problems that are likely to crop up if they start closing more attractions for the DHS-re-do.

It also appears that his is becoming a trend as a cheap, quick way to increase ride capacity. They did it with Dumbo, and are doing it with Soarin, so it's not surprising that they are doing it with TSMM.
              I disagree that the motive behind this trend, if indeed it is a trend, is a cheap and quick way to increase capacity. If your familar with the construction of Epcot's Soaring, you will know that from beginning, Epcot was suppose to have 3 or 4 theaters. But it was Value Enginneered down to two. Epcot operations wanted 3 or 4, and argued the line would be too long, citing the already huge lines at DCA, a park with several million less visits annually then Epcot. But they lost that battle, because the bean counters realized all they had to do is build soaring and they were going to get a boost in ticket sales and visits to Epcot. Building 3 or 4 theaters would cost more then building only 2, but would not result in any additionally sales. Basically, they knew they were going to get X amount in extra sales, and X was not going to change base on how many theaters the attraction had.

So Soaring at Epcot opened with only two theaters and operations has been wishing for more ever since. I would imagine that the extra theaters are coming from Epcot's operations budget, but either way, the motivation here is guest satisfaction, and provide a better through put for a highly demanded attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X