Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Save The Hat

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Save The Hat

This is real.

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-di...sorcerer-s-hat

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Re: Save The Hat

I'll be glad when it's gone. I'd rather the park's icon be the Chinese Theater again rather than an out of place Sorcerer's Hat.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Chinese Theater was never really the park icon. Earful Tower was the symbol for MGM.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

I am glad it is gone and this finally going to happen. I very much look forward to seeing the the Chinese Theater at the of Hollywood Blvd. The hat was ok as a Promotional Icon for the 100 years of magic. So was the Mickey Hand and Wand over Space Ship Earth for the Millennium Celebration. But that came down after awhile, and more then awhile as passed for the Hat.

Comment

I say good riddance to the hat. It's outstayed its welcome. Move it to outside the park. I want my view of the Chinese Theater at the end of Hollywood Blvd again.

Comment

Put the hat on Spaceship Earth! :mob:

Comment

ORDDU: Way back when the park was first being built, there was a television special in which the Imagineers DID say the Chinese Theatre was the original park Icon for Disney M-G-M Studios. I'm not sure if the Earful Tower was even around at the beginning. But the Chinese Theatre certainly was.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                ORDDU: Way back when the park was first being built, there was a television special in which the Imagineers DID say the Chinese Theatre was the original park Icon for Disney M-G-M Studios. I'm not sure if the Earful Tower was even around at the beginning. But the Chinese Theatre certainly was.
                Of course Earful Tower was there opening day. It's on everything from when there were only 3 parks. Castle, ball, tower. Not castle, ball, theater.

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                  They have some legitimate reasons as it is a great photo-op. And someone else said the park needs a CENTRAL icon. I agree with them in a sense because the park does need a central icon that is specific to Disney, so you see the picture and go, "Oh, you went to DHS." The Earful Tower is too far back to really serve as a central icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                    They have some legitimate reasons as it is a great photo-op. And someone else said the park needs a CENTRAL icon. I agree with them in a sense because the park does need a central icon that is specific to Disney, so you see the picture and go, "Oh, you went to DHS." The Earful Tower is too far back to really serve as a central icon.
                    The Chinese Theater can be that. The real one runs parallel to hollywood blvd, which is not the widest street ever. So on your typical camera, it is really hard to get a good pic of the building. The one at DHS however, runs perpendicular to DHS's Hollywood Blvd. Prior to the hat, it was extremely easy to get a great picture of the building. also the fact that has a hub in front of it and not a city street was a dead give away that you were at DHS (or Disney MGM). I see your point though, and its a good one. The DHS icon is one that Disney recreated, and unless the rest of its' parks, is not exclusive.

Comment

Earful Tower isn't even veiwable since they closed the backlot.

Comment

Earful Tower is the symbol of the production studios. Since they are moving away from that idea entirely it would make sense for Disney to remove the tower and not use it as a park icon.

Comment

I for one am glad to see the hat go. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the 1920s Hollywood theming. With all this new open space for construction, Disney might build a new park icon that better represents what Hollywood Studios is. Hopefully though, they will not build it where the hat stands now...

Comment

There is no need for any of that unless you believe theme parks must be a predictable series of already know images that only recall and do not create their own experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                              There is no need for any of that unless you believe theme parks must be a predictable series of already know images that only recall and do not create their own experiences.
                              I simply believe every completely themed theme park needs a central icon as a symbol of the park, and a lot of people agree with me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X