Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

What if "it's a small world" moved to Epcot?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if &quot;it's a small world&quot; moved to Epcot?

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    1) thats what a basement is....

2) I'm sure there are some feasibly logistical work arounds in this day and age, if they can build a tunnel that stretches underneath the english channel they can find a way to make a basement in the swamp. this would further fit the theme of epcot's futuristic message if they could manage it and help lead the way for the future of homes in areas once thought unsuitable for this type of construction. regardless, fine lets say its not plausible on your perspective, build the walk way up around it so your going up a slight gradient coming up to the attraction with the additional ramp to get to the rooftop deck of the building once you get to the attraction entrance on the second level. it affects the view a little more then previously conceived when walking up to the world showcase from future world but it still in affect works.
    It is possible to build a basement, just absolutely ridiculously expensive and requires tons of work and would be a very stupid move. I am not sure if you have ever lived in Florida or asked a relative/friend who lived there about the cost to build a basement, and it is absurd, and that is just for a house! This is a whole ride and would also need to be even more $ as they need more supports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
      Having IASW centered in the Showcase Plaza would be ideal, and I'm pretty sure that's what was suggested in the original article I read. I like it best in terms of symmetry and what not, but I just assumed there wouldn't be enough room there (unless they built out around that area) and that it would block the view of the lagoon and the pavilions. I don't know how your idea would work in terms of "pushing the building into the ground," but yeah if they could make it work logistically and aesthetically that would be cool. I just really loved the writer's idea of "it's a small world" with the country pavilions around it, and the bonus of creating room for another (hopefully amazing) ride at MK. The article was calling for a Frozen ride, which makes sense to please the people caught up in the Frozen phenomenon (which is much better than putting it in the Norway Pavilion). But personally I would've had Imagineering make up some hella awesome Alice in Wonderland attraction.
      by pushing it into the ground I simply meant something similar to what the current incarnation has where you go down a ramp to the boats as opposed to them being on street level. the only difference here is instead of the boats being at utilidor or ground floor level they would run bellow the ground level in a sort of basement type setting. as for space I was surprised to find too that there was actually a lot more space available in that central area then at the odyssey centre. the shops would simply need to be located to that odyssey centre spot and problem solved there. again at the end of the day this is all blue sky but if they could make that happen I think that would be the absolute ideal scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
        1) this is simple, they could just utilize the millennium centre and the old wonders of life pavilion more for their corporate events, epcot has tons of space for those activities already its simply under-utilized.

2) the amount of money they would have to spend relocating the attraction would be worth it if they ever wanted to expand the MK at some point in the future. outside of removing the speedway there aren't a whole lot of other options when it comes to finding potential expansion space.
        I would much rather see them put a ride in The Wonders of Life pavilion because it would be cheaper and therefore more realistic and could be better. Also, MK could access more room without moving IaSW. If they were to expand into the backstage area behind Fantasyland, the land would probably run parallel to FL and would have an entrance in at one end at Storybook Circus, Mark Twain could have a stop making it a means of transportation at the other end, and there could be another entrance between Village Haus and BoG.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
          It is possible to build a basement, just absolutely ridiculously expensive and requires tons of work and would be a very stupid move. I am not sure if you have ever lived in Florida or asked a relative/friend who lived there about the cost to build a basement, and it is absurd, and that is just for a house! This is a whole ride and would also need to be even more $ as they need more supports.
          yes I have and regardless in this day and age technological advances can and should happen, IASW could showcase this advancement with a practical building model that paves the way for future projects, perfectly tying the future world and world showcase components together. there was a time when people said that the main tank and the living seas was impractical and even not possible with their design and yet they built it anyways, the largest saltwater tank in the world, a record that stood for almost 2 decades. If they get back to that mind set and start creating projects in that vein again they can truly save epcot.

I would much rather see them put a ride in The Wonders of Life pavilion because it would be cheaper and therefore more realistic and could be better. Also, MK could access more room without moving IaSW. If they were to expand into the backstage area behind Fantasyland, the land would probably run parallel to FL and would have an entrance in at one end at Storybook Circus, Mark Twain could have a stop making it a means of transportation at the other end, and there could be another entrance between Village Haus and BoG.
          1) I agree that we would all like to see WoL reopen anew however A this project would be completely out of place there and B it will unfortunately never happen. without a hub for food and wine and the garden festivals the park would be severely lacking when those events came around. hence why that location is even less realistic arguably to a degree as a new home for the festival centre would need to be found that can be accessed by guests and not infringe on corporate event space.

2) the expansion for MK you propose is impossible as the little mermaid attraction completely closed in your suggested entrance point and you cannot utilize that small access road as it is the primary supply line for the big top store, one of the largest shops in the park. furthermore your plan would also block in the main utilidoor entrance as well as all backstage access to its a small world and the haunted mansion. finally your idea of providing an additional entry point between the idea simply isn't possible as there is literally no gap between enchanted tales with bell and the village house on top of the fact that this is the exact location of the entrance to the utilidoors. your concept just isn't possible.

Comment

If your going to move it to Epcot, I would center it. Re-Imagine the enter transition from FW to WS at Epcot with IASW as the centerpiece, complete with Monorail going to the front of the facade. The back this new big building would be terraced of sloped for Illuminations viewing. The building would only need to 1 to 2 stories. With the front facing the fountain, its that middle attraction that transitions FW into WS.

In its place at MK..... A Fantasia Dark Ride, perhaps still on water? They have one designed but its one of many projects that never got pass the blue sky phase of design.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
              In its place at MK..... A Fantasia Dark Ride, perhaps still on water? They have one designed but its one of many projects that never got pass the blue sky phase of design.
              If anything were to replace it, they should wait until the next Frozen. A new successful Disney princess movie will come out eventually, and it will need a home.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X