Announcement

Collapse

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on fire

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on fire

According to one report I read, the attraction "reopened at midnight".

Seems odd, was there an EMH on?

I should add that that same article describes it as..
    "The attraction is a child-friendly version of blockbuster rides like Thunder Mountain and Terror Tower"
    ..so not a well researched article.
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Comment

I actually had some family at MK when this happened. They said some embers from the fireworks caught fire on SDMT, but it was quickly put out and the ride reopened in about an hour. No one was injured.

Comment

So this has happened twice now this year. I'm thinking Disney needs to re-evaluate and adjust their fireworks launch points or something or else there's a good chance this could happen again. Both of these fallout fires happened in areas that were originally backstage. Next time Disney might not be so lucky and they could have a whole ride go up in flames and or/guests and CM's get hurt.

Also, it was REALLY windy in Central Florida that night (wind gusts were 20-30 mph at some points). Having fireworks when it's that windy was just dumb really. Even Disneyland cancels their fireworks when the wind higher up is quite gusty (though wind at ground level might be minimal). Tokyo will cancel their fireworks at the slightest hint of strong wind.

Comment

I think TDO must worry that folk will complain if they cancel it for wind.

In the good ol' days they'd just do it, but now every Tom, Richard and Harry will claim that it "ruined their vacation" or some such nonsense.
          sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

Comment

Yes, they will complain, and will be disappointed if they don't get fireworks. But I don't think attempting to avoid complaints is a valid reason to start the park on fire.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
              I think TDO must worry that folk will complain if they cancel it for wind.

In the good ol' days they'd just do it, but now every Tom, Richard and Harry will claim that it "ruined their vacation" or some such nonsense.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	10501661_917882574904746_3113162112648865357_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	7357321

Comment

Hooooggggaaaannnnn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                  I think this should be the catalyst to move along the Floating Pixel technology, patents were filed earlier this year. It is technology that can supposedly replace fireworks one day, and maybe the damage to the newest attraction that must have cost a lot will get WDI to focus on a safer alternative.

Maybe it will light a fire under them. Maybe they will hastily rush the system to show and completely ruin the idea.
                  Lord help us if they ban fireworks.

I seriously doubt it did much damage at all. The mountain appears to be covered in gunite so it isn't going to burn unless you use thermite on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc
                    That ride is going to be down for a while because of this. If it was from the fireworks they are going to install mass amounts of spray systems.
                    It reopened that night.

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc
                      That ride is going to be down for a while because of this. If it was from the fireworks they are going to install mass amounts of spray systems.
                      1) reopened that night

2) they already had those spray systems in place, they have them on all buildings within the fall radius, they just needed to be adjusted a bit clearly. also there was an issue with the artificial grass which a component of which was found to be flammable when they thought it was not. they will be switching that out for new material shortly. this really isn't a big deal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X